• RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Bltr

Case Bender
New User
Jun 9, 2020
Did the lengths work for you?
Yeah it's ok. I measured them myself with the help of stock cables. They are not of perfectly optimal length though but do look nice. I can give more information or Kapsi as well, since he has my notes about how the whole thing work out.

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
Do the stock AMD GPUs perform better than the stock Nvidia ones? I mean just in general if it performs well, you don't have to have actually compared them.
No clue, I have zero interest in Team Green's offerings so long as they've got abysmal Open Source support.

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
No clue, I have zero interest in Team Green's offerings so long as they've got abysmal Open Source support.
Yeah hence the "you don't have to compare" I was just wondering in general if the Mjolnir's form factor caused issues for the AMD GPUs like they did for the Nvidia ones with the "pass through" design.

What do the temps look like in your setup?

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
My machine isn't fully built yet, still awaiting a couple parts. However, the reference AMD cards have a very conventional design vs the 30X0 FE cards so I don't forsee any issues.

nik3563

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2021
Yeah it's insane, was expecting shipping costs of around $60k for all sent orders and now that we got the invoices it was close to double that...

However, after a lot of back and forth between us and UPS (which was super slow to start with because everybody of significance was on vacation) I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and then proceed as usual. Basically they are working on hooking us up with credit-invoices for the amounts that have been miscommunicated (I'm very happy we keep records of everything so we could prove the numbers didn't match)

Do you still ship with UPS? Does this mean you have to negotiate a new deal for shipping? Does it mean we have to pay more for shipping? Does it introduce some more delay in shipping?

Come on give us some info, how this effects the current batch shipping.

I am desperately waiting for my case 😭.

Please keep the communication up.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Breaker,

Which brand of PCIE 4.0 are you using? I read not all will work right? The LOUQE Cobalt RC260 Twinax Gen4+ PCI-e 4.0 Riser Cable is sexy and confirmed to work but really expensive

Thanks
Victor
I have the louqe cobalt. It's well worth the extra $40 over other risers.

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
I've got both the Cobalt and the Linkup, and I prefer the Linkup. The free wires on the Cobalt tend to be harder to wrangle, and it's not dual-reversed, so you have to bend the wires a fair bit. I also prefer the all-black look. :)

This is the Linkup riser that fit the best:

Reactions: supey and RE4MATT3D

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
@AlexTzone

What's the status of the remaining cases for KS and 1st pre-order?

Will Pre-order from Nov 2020 ship today (last day of August)?

What's your plan to address the glass issues going forward (or should we expect the same glass as previous orders)?

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
@AlexTzone

What's your plan to address the glass issues going forward (or should we expect the same glass as previous orders)?
They've swapped glass suppliers & will be using tempered glass going forward. Not certain the status of the batches in-progress when the switcheroo was discovered, but going forward at least they're going to provide what they promised.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
They've swapped glass suppliers & will be using tempered glass going forward. Not certain the status of the batches in-progress when the switcheroo was discovered, but going forward at least they're going to provide what they promised.

Only if it’s as clear and beautiful as the current glass. Once I compare the TG myself I’ll check if it has any spots, uniformity issues or tints; if I find any, we’ll go with hardened mineral in the future because it’s really beautiful and the price difference is zero.

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
I've got both the Cobalt and the Linkup, and I prefer the Linkup. The free wires on the Cobalt tend to be harder to wrangle, and it's not dual-reversed, so you have to bend the wires a fair bit. I also prefer the all-black look. :)

This is the Linkup riser that fit the best:

Hi ! your link is for the 18cm version of the riser, but LINKUP says the best for the Mjolnir is the 20cm version. Is there such a big difference?

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Only if it’s as clear and beautiful as the current glass. Once I compare the TG myself I’ll check if it has any spots, uniformity issues or tints; if I find any, we’ll go with hardened mineral in the future because it’s really beautiful and the price difference is zero.
But I assume the hardened mineral glass will be from the new supplier? Is your current line of thinking the chipping/lack of shatter safety is a feature of a bad batch of hardened mineral glass as opposed to being a general property of hardened mineral glass

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
What the hell is happening with “small countries” orders ?
It’s been more than a few months now since my order was fulfilled, and the usual “next week shipping “ promise from thorzone.
Thorzone haven’t answered my last few mails. Total blackout.
And of course when chekcing this forum there is a usual string of explanation as to why stuff haven’t shipped.
Thorzone really should write a textbook about a list of issues as to why a product hasn’t shipped.
They come up with EVERYTHING. Just ship the danm thing already.

• Love
Reactions: Shinken1

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
It’s been more than a few months now since my order was fulfilled, and the usual “next week shipping “ promise from thorzone.
And of course when chekcing this forum there is a usual string of explanation as to why stuff haven’t shipped.
Thorzone really should write a textbook about a list of issues as to why a product hasn’t shipped.
Certainly not saying that comparing to a lower standard is any good, but if you want a "popcorn moment" and relief that you aren't backing this particular campaign, head on over to Dune Case Pro

It also started at a similar time to Mjolnir, the biggest difference being that they are a lot more full of excuses than here :p

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Please clarify what you mean by fulfilled? Have you received a tracking number but no case has arrived?

We’ve shipped 1000+ cases now, so things are happening but now we’re facing an issue that needs to be solved ASAP. You may look at this as an excuse but for me it’s reality and a big threat — UPS has charged us almost double the agreed amount, which would put us in a very bad place financially. Good news is that they are working on fixing it already (you can see more details in one of my earlier posts a few pages back). Once fixed (been talking to them every day, so hopefully in the coming 1-2 weeks), we can resume shipping again.

I understand the frustration, knowing you are from the first batch and that so many people already have their cases. If I could ship your case right now I would — and as soon as the above situation is fixed I will!

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
Fulfilled as in built (confirmed by you guys). So maybe i misused the word. However, my understanding is that my case only have to ship. I was told about a month ago that it would ship “next week”. It didn’t. Last month was also the latest example of a “next week” shipping promise. I was told next week at least 3 times during the last couple of months. So right now i have no idea when my case will actually ship. And i also have no idea what’s the hold up for shipping. Everyone supposedly already paid for shipping. Was the quote wrong? (Edit: read the ups post)
However, i don’t think that you guys have to ship hundred of cases to chile , so there won’t ever be a “bulk” price to ship here . Unless they make bulk prices independent of the country ?
anyway, i understand the situation, but it’s really fustrating. What’s more fustrating and have nothing to do with you guys is that once you ship it, it’ll probably get held uo in my shitty country’s customs and it’ll be another 2 months of headache.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Fulfilled as in built (confirmed by you guys). So maybe i misused the word. However, my understanding is that my case only have to ship. I was told about a month ago that it would ship “next week”. It didn’t. Last month was also the latest example of a “next week” shipping promise. I was told next week at least 3 times during the last couple of months. So right now i have no idea when my case will actually ship. And i also have no idea what’s the hold up for shipping. Everyone supposedly already paid for shipping. Was the quote wrong? (Edit: read the ups post)
However, i don’t think that you guys have to ship hundred of cases to chile , so there won’t ever be a “bulk” price to ship here . Unless they make bulk prices independent of the country ?
anyway, i understand the situation, but it’s really fustrating. What’s more fustrating and have nothing to do with you guys is that once you ship it, it’ll probably get held uo in my shitty country’s customs and it’ll be another 2 months of headache.

There is another way to get the cases shipped as well, through a third party who already has tried / proven shipping / billing through UPS / FEDEX / DHL. I’m going to send one case to check how it works and if all is good (and UPS is still correcting invoices) we’ll ship the remaining Batch 1 / Kickstarter cases this way.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Are there going to be any changes made to the frame of the glass side panels? To prevent the rattle and chipping? A very thin rubber lining or elastic cloth material would do the trick and could be added fairly easily without a design change. It could be applied to the edges of the glass before insertion into the frame.
I'd love to buy a new set of tempered glass side panels with the next set of pre-orders so definetly let me know!