• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
I think that really just comes down to the complications in shipping due to covid, and flipping to air transit requiring a renegotiation in freight handling in many parts of the world, the EU in particular. I mean, it super sucks for people who haven't received their case yet, but it also doesn't make sense to sit on completed/packaged chassis if they can send them out to post-backer-orders while they continue working on the shipping issues, both from a "cost of storage" and a "customer service" perspective. Basically, it's not a zero sum game, non-backers getting theirs is not the bottleneck in EU backers receiving theirs.
They already said that the storage is something the factory is not charging for. On the other hand no, sending the cases to non backers first is not the bottle neck here, but how would you feel if you preorder the New Tesla Roadster to help the company be able to build it, they claim you will receive it at least 6 months before non backers, and then they start shipping it to non backers before you? Maybe you'll comment it on some forums won't you? Or we are not allowed to be upset?

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I think the issue is that UPS also must have smelled that they have ThorZone for sure (i.e. they aren't going to back out and use a different courier at this point) and so there isn't much bargaining power to speed them up as there is no threat (e.g. "If you don't reply by X then we will take our business elsewhere") probably because they know that we don't have an alternative lined up to match the quote. Also, I guess ThorZone wants to nurture a long-lasting relationship with UPS, so they don't want to behave too bullyish, although it looks like that as a result they are on the getting bullied end.

My primary "weird feeling" is surrounding how serial the quote generation progress is, and my heart goers out to everybody under the RoW category, especially if it takes as long as the EU. Hopefully they come at the same time as EU since it looks like it was submitted long ago. If after the EU quotes comes and there is another huge wait before the RoW quotes come, then UPS is just abusing the relationship for certain.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
I think the issue is that UPS also must have smelled that they have ThorZone for sure (i.e. they aren't going to back out and use a different courier at this point) and so there isn't much bargaining power to speed them up as there is no threat (e.g. "If you don't reply by X then we will take our business elsewhere") probably because they know that we don't have an alternative lined up to match the quote. Also, I guess ThorZone wants to nurture a long-lasting relationship with UPS, so they don't want to behave too bullyish, although it looks like that as a result they are on the getting bullied end.

My primary "weird feeling" is surrounding how serial the quote generation progress is, and my heart goers out to everybody under the RoW category, especially if it takes as long as the EU. Hopefully they come at the same time as EU since it looks like it was submitted long ago. If after the EU quotes comes and there is another huge wait before the RoW quotes come, then UPS is just abusing the relationship for certain.

Yes, I really hope Thorzone started negotiations for RoW a long time ago and those cases will ship out shortly (as in 'days') after EU. Alex hasn't been clear about this, so I fear the worst...

Reactions: For_Science

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Alright - almost at the end of the tunnel

Need some advice on cable management.
I finally got my custom cables, however I have no bloody idea how to tuck this in.

Problems I've encountered:
- the fan ontop of the radiator due to the cabling won't spin and therefore comp won't move from bios because it thinks CPU fan is down (which true)
- as you can see from the picture, tone of mobo cables, but its maliable comparing to stock cable but i dont know where to fit them
- for those who are thinking of versing - i took the specs from the Dan A4 as per suggested on sizing, i COULD invert them (as currently my GPU power cable is being stressed out as it is short (i have a dual fan not a triple...) the PSU to MOBO cable will be too short

I've seen others with custom cables to be able to tuck it in, im wondering where I went wrong.
Should I unscrew the thing again and see if i can pass more under the PSU / FAN gap?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020

I finally got my custom cables, however I have no bloody idea how to tuck this in.

- the fan ontop of the radiator due to the cabling won't spin and therefore comp won't move from bios because it thinks CPU fan is down (which true)
- as you can see from the picture, tone of mobo cables, but its maliable comparing to stock cable but i dont know where to fit them
- for those who are thinking of versing - i took the specs from the Dan A4 as per suggested on sizing, i COULD invert them (as currently my GPU power cable is being stressed out as it is short (i have a dual fan not a triple...) the PSU to MOBO cable will be too short

I've seen others with custom cables to be able to tuck it in, im wondering where I went wrong.
Should I unscrew the thing again and see if i can pass more under the PSU / FAN gap?
Buy a fan grill. I use them always. There like 2 for $5 on amazon.

Reactions: rfarmer

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Are you able to rotate the Corsair pump block on the cpu by 90 or 180 degrees?

If so that might help.

which AIO are you using?
Negative - I tried rotating where the cables would be close to the VRAM and there is not enough tube
this is a Corsair H60||
Buy a fan grill. I use them always. There like 2 for $5 on amazon.
a wahh? not familiar - got an example?

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
a wahh? not familiar - got an example?

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Darn I planned to use my H60 in the case too :(
I mean i had it working "properly" with the stock cables - the custom cables are proving to be a bit more rough and that was due to sizing. im pretty sure im doing something wrong.

Also the H60 is one of the recommended ones - as you can see from a previous post - i went with a Pure loop but their pump was on the tubes which is no bueno.

Reactions: Shinken1

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
I have the h60, as far as I can see there is not going to be any way you can rotate it, there is only the one orientation. I just have the tubes stuffed behind the connections to the PSU.

Pls no hate on my a** cable management

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I have the h60, as far as I can see there is not going to be any way you can rotate it, there is only the one orientation. I just have the tubes stuffed behind the connections to the PSU.

Pls no hate on my a** cable management
aware - but im wondering how you got to stuff your tube cable so neatly.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I have the Corsair H60i, I don't think the tube length is very different, but seems to fit fine for me.

This is genius, such a simple fix (tubes close to the motherboard rather than the opposite side) and one we’ve never even though about 😳

Some more good news, the screws are done and will be sent to the assembly factory tomorrow. They should arrive on the same day and the assembly line has been prepared again. We hope to assemble all Steel cases this week and finally finish Kickstarter / Batch 1.

For Europe, we are still waiting. Sent an email last Friday but no response yet. It’s not under our control but when it’s done we will send the cases more of less the next day (like we’ve done for all other cases as soon as the deals have been finalized).

I don’t think we’re being bullied by UPS because the other ones like DHL and FedEx have been extremely slow as well. At least they are honest with the fact that this takes time. Just because a third party freight forwarder says they’ll fix it a lot quicker doesn’t mean it’s true, since they still have to talk to the big couriers about it + add a profit margin for their work = I don’t see how this would be cheaper or quicker (once all hidden fees are shown) since we have pretty big volume as well.

Covid may be easier for you as an individual now but in some industries its effects are just starting — in particular the shipping industry. I have no doubt we’ll ship 99% in July, we’ve already shipped close to 700 units so it’s not like we’re sitting on our buts doing nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

HoshiGumi

Chassis Packer
May 11, 2021

I prefolded the PSU cables and tied them together. Most of the bulk of the wires poke out on the GPU side. I also have the h60 and I was able to squeeze them in around my RAM and used zipties to keep them in place. :)

@AlexTzone Finally managed it after switching from Kraken M22 to Corsair H60. Might want to put somewhere on the website that threaded AIO tubes are hard to reroute through the system.
Booster cell fan is not yet plugged (waiting on a splitter) BUT I am surprised to say that even without, I am getting 50 to 50 degrees on CPU and 60 to 70 on GPU with benchmarks.

HoshiGumi

Chassis Packer
May 11, 2021
I have the Corsair H60i, I don't think the tube length is very different, but seems to fit fine for me.

I really wish I was able to do that. I tried this way at first but for some reason the radiator tube connection hidden in your image was problematic and didn't was to fit so closely to the center of the chassis

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
I have no doubt we’ll ship 99% in July, we’ve already shipped close to 700 units so it’s not like we’re sitting on our buts doing nothing.

That's the bold statement. Maybe you could update us on the status of the RoW negotiations (we still don't know whether you have already started to negotiate or you will only start once the EU deal has been settled).

Last edited:
Reactions: Phnx