AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Is there any update on EU shipments?

Not yet, but I’m going to ask now again hoping for some good new or a date.

Just got mine, dark au! Very excited.

My only Q is, is the front panel meant to have this much give in it? I'm barely applying any force at all and can rock it a fair bit. Seems fine but just makes it very noisy when you move the case around:

Please follow this video (it’s a super easy fix):

The idea it to have the grills go as deep into the slots on the shell as possible, that way the front panel will sit rock solid! :)

Last edited:

Phnx

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
Have you set any deadline? If your UPS contact is contacting the receiving countries, extrapolating from the time taken to fix shipping for AU/KR it's going to be several weeks until a quote. Even now it's been a couple of weeks.

• Love
Reactions: Shinken1

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021

Please follow this video (it’s a super easy fix):
The idea it to have the grills go as deep into the slots on the shell as possible, that way the front panel wil
Thanks Alex appreciate it 😁 will be building it over the next few days very excited.

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
I'm curious to know when they're going to use the backup option. Let me guess... July 1st for EU? You can answer all our questions about how much more money do you need for shipping to Europe, we don't want you to make gold out of thin air, if budget is the problem of our cases not being sent yet.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Just got mine, dark au! Very excited.

My only Q is, is the front panel meant to have this much give in it? I'm barely applying any force at all and can rock it a fair bit. Seems fine but just makes it very noisy when you move the case around:

@AlexTzone made a video about it as it was first reported by someone.

Also for those who got the booster cell - it rattles a bit but once the core is inside it wont

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
so has anybody done any A/B comparison with/without the booster cell yet? does the thing actually improve cooling at the same noise level?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Performed a controlled test with the Booster Cell — very positively surprised by the improvements in GPU thermals — 7°C!

Recently switched back to the original front and noted that the case got a bit louder and warmer compared to before when I used the Booster. There was significant heat buildup on the front cap, especially around the area where the Booster Cell fan would be located — so it was time to take a deeper look.

AMBIENT TEMP: 28°C (hot in Sweden atm)

HARDWARE
  • GPU: RTX 3080 XC3
    • Undervolt: 837mV, 1875Mhz
  • CPU: 5900X
  • PSU: SF600
  • Motherboard: Strix X570-I
  • RAM: HyperX Fury 3200Mhz 64GB
  • AIO: Corsair H55 + NF-A12x25
    • Fan set to pull/intake
  • Motherboard fan: NF-A12x15
    • Fan set to push/exhaust
  • Booster Cell (later) + Silverstone 120x15mm fan

FAN SPEEDS

We targeted GPU thermals of 75°C in the original configuration to see how they would improve with the Booster Cell. Noise levels were ~44dB 30cm from the case.
  • GPU fans (3): 1650 rpm
  • Motherboard fan: 1500 rpm
  • Booster Cell fan: 1500 rpm

RESULTS — 3080 XC3 (CUDA rendering)
  • Original front cap: 77°C
  • Booster Cell: 70°C

ADDITIONAL NOTES
  • The case didn’t heat up as much overall (not only cooler on the front cap)
  • Further 2°C GPU improvement can be achieved by setting the AIO fan to push/exhaust, but it worsens CPU thermals. Pull/intake yields more balanced results across the GPU/CPU.

We will redo everything officially using standard benchmarks though, but now there’s a clear point to it.

Edit: haha @For_Science talk about a good coincidence, even if there’s no such thing, only the illusion of coincidence ;)

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Performed a controlled test with the Booster Cell — very positively surprised by the improvements in GPU thermals — 7°C!

Recently switched back to the original front and noted that the case got a bit louder and warmer compared to before when I used the Booster. There was significant heat buildup on the front cap, especially around the area where the Booster Cell fan would be located — so it was time to take a deeper look.

AMBIENT TEMP: 28°C (hot in Sweden atm)

HARDWARE
  • GPU: RTX 3080 XC3
    • Undervolt: 837mV, 1875Mhz
  • CPU: 5900X
  • PSU: SF600
  • Motherboard: Strix X570-I
  • RAM: HyperX Fury 3200Mhz 64GB
  • AIO: Corsair H55 + NF-A12x25
    • Fan set to pull/intake
  • Motherboard fan: NF-A12x15
  • Booster Cell (later) + Silverstone 120x15mm fan

FAN SPEEDS

We targeted GPU thermals of 75°C in the original configuration to see how they would improve with the Booster Cell. Noise levels were ~44dB 30cm from the case.
  • GPU fans (3): 1650 rpm

RESULTS — 3080 XC3 (CUDA rendering)
  • Original front cap: 77°C
  • Booster Cell: 70°C

ADDITIONAL NOTES
  • The case didn’t heat up as much overall (not only cooler on the front cap)
  • Further 2°C GPU improvement can be achieved by setting the AIO fan to push/exhaust, but it worsens CPU thermals. Pull/intake yields more balanced results across the GPU/CPU.

We will redo everything officially using standard benchmarks though, but now there’s a clear point to it.

Edit: haha @For_Science talk about a good coincidence, even if there’s no such thing, only the illusion of coincidence ;)
Whether you do this for the marketing material is up to you, but for the testing it would be desirable to allow the fans for the non-booster cell configuration to go higher to match the noise of the system with the booster cell. This is important to demonstrate the specific improvement of the booster cell than rather just having more generic airflow. I.e. if the same effect can be achieved by for example increasing the GPU fanspeed, then it is less attractive. I assume adding the booster cell has its own noise penalty, and so the configuration without it needs to be allowed to increase its fans to match the noise of having another fan.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Whether you do this for the marketing material is up to you, but for the testing it would be desirable to allow the fans for the non-booster cell configuration to go higher to match the noise of the system with the booster cell. This is important to demonstrate the specific improvement of the booster cell than rather just having more generic airflow. I.e. if the same effect can be achieved by for example increasing the GPU fanspeed, then it is less attractive. I assume adding the booster cell has its own noise penalty, and so the configuration without it needs to be allowed to increase its fans to match the noise of having another fan.

Sure can do that, what would be a good noise level to target for them both?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017

Probably depends on your measuring technique (how far from the system) and the noise-floor of the test bench. At ~20" maybe something like 35dBA would be a good metric (usually corresponds to around 1200-1500 RPM on a GPU). What's going to be most important is the relative performance for some reasonable distance, so pick a metric that sounds decent to your ear and just make that the standard, since its going to be a bit different for any end user anyway.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
yeah...its always a bit of an open discussion when it comes to noise normalization (e.g. do you increase the GPU fan speed? AIO fan speed? etc). I would say set the booster to a fixed rpm of whatever, and then increase the GPU fan speed of the non-booster cell to match the noise of the booster-celled unit. But dunno, ultimately its up to you and somebody will find a way to be unhappy with the setup so don't dwell on it for too long ;)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Alright here we go, 4 tests later and more clean data! The rig is configured exactly the same as in the previous post I made.

Case configuration: MJOLNIR w. Performance Panels and 2 Top panels (no O2 panel, so slightly worse for thermals)

Benchmark: Heaven 4.0 (DX11, Ultra, Extreme, -, -, x8, 2160p) - 10min

Test #1 - Target 50dB from 30cm
  • GPU fans: 2150 rpm
  • Booster Cell fan: 1500 rpm
Results
  • Stock front: 81°C
  • Booster Cell: 75°C (-6°C)

Test #2 - Full speed (Booster Cell / Motherboard fan)
  • GPU fans: 2150 rpm
  • Motherboard fan: 2250 rpm
  • Booster Cell fan: 2250 rpm
Results
  • Stock front: 76°C | Noise: 51dB from 30cm
  • Booster Cell: 71°C (-5°C) | Noise: 53dB from 30cm

The type of fan you use with the Booster Cell will of course make a difference, especially in sound. Unfortunately I don't have a second NF-A12x15 and had to use a slim Silverstone fan. In the first test the GPU noise overpowered the Booster Cell & Motherboard fan - that's the reason the dB doesn't change.

Last edited:

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I have probably miss connected something and probably need some insight from the crew here.

Corsair H60
AMD 5600X
ASUS B550-i

Mobo Flashed to latest FW - got access to PBO2 - undervolted to curve 30.

Thermal "idle"
CPU46C
Motherboard40C
CPU Package51C
Chipset72C

FAN:
CPU FAN0671 rpm
Chassis Fan 10 (I don't know why...it is connected and spinning...probably a 3pin vs 4 pin splitter)
AIO Pump4054 rpm
VRM HS Fan0 rpm

According to ASUS mobo manual: my AIO 3pin go to AIO Pump connector and my radiator fan goes to CPU Fan (with a splitter), My Chasis Fan has a splitter connecting with the noctua A12x15mm (using splitter when I'm going to eventually connect the booster cell)

HOWEVER friend with same config as me (all parts same except PSU) - corsair manual states:
- put 3 pin to CPU fan
- put radiator to chassis fan
- ignore AIO Pump.

These numbers are without the Mjolnir box inserted (currently open case - waiting for custom cables)

When playing a game I'm going to 50-55degrees. During "boot" we are at 62degree. Some weirdo instance, my comp would reboot randomly.
Are these numbers normal? are my connectors good according to y'all?
Is something off and I should be checking?
AIO Block is bolted

Should I connect the booster cell to add exhaust which would help? (don't think so because currently its open case so heat is just going all over the place)

JCB42

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2021
Does anybody know if the air cooler NH-L12S will fit in the Mjolnir? based off Noctua's page it's seems the lowest profile that can handle a R9 5000x with ease.

Leaving the radiator space to cool a top end GPU.

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Does anybody know if the air cooler NH-L12S will fit in the Mjolnir? based off Noctua's page it's seems the lowest profile that can handle a R9 5000x with ease.

Leaving the radiator space to cool a top end GPU.
It won't fit. The Mjolnir has 51mm height for air cooling and the L12S is 70mm tall. I don't remember who but someone here was going to try a C7 which would fit on a 5000X CPU IIRC.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
I have probably miss connected something and probably need some insight from the crew here.

Corsair H60
AMD 5600X
ASUS B550-i

Mobo Flashed to latest FW - got access to PBO2 - undervolted to curve 30.

Thermal "idle"
CPU46C
Motherboard40C
CPU Package51C
Chipset72C

FAN:
CPU FAN0671 rpm
Chassis Fan 10 (I don't know why...it is connected and spinning...probably a 3pin vs 4 pin splitter)
AIO Pump4054 rpm
VRM HS Fan0 rpm

According to ASUS mobo manual: my AIO 3pin go to AIO Pump connector and my radiator fan goes to CPU Fan (with a splitter), My Chasis Fan has a splitter connecting with the noctua A12x15mm (using splitter when I'm going to eventually connect the booster cell)

HOWEVER friend with same config as me (all parts same except PSU) - corsair manual states:
- put 3 pin to CPU fan
- put radiator to chassis fan
- ignore AIO Pump.

These numbers are without the Mjolnir box inserted (currently open case - waiting for custom cables)

When playing a game I'm going to 50-55degrees. During "boot" we are at 62degree. Some weirdo instance, my comp would reboot randomly.
Are these numbers normal? are my connectors good according to y'all?
Is something off and I should be checking?
AIO Block is bolted

Should I connect the booster cell to add exhaust which would help? (don't think so because currently its open case so heat is just going all over the place)
I dont see anything off with your numbers, the random reboots are probably just caused by the undervolting

JCB42

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2021
It won't fit. The Mjolnir has 51mm height for air cooling and the L12S is 70mm tall. I don't remember who but someone here was going to try a C7 which would fit on a 5000X CPU IIRC.
Cheers thanks. I just hope a cryorig or the mysterious ali express AXP90-X53 can handle a R9 5000X. And this is an ambitious bit, without an undervolt? Can it be done?

supey

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 21, 2021
Just curious and hoping someone knows (or hopefully Alex can chime in) but if I were to get in on the next pre-order, what's the timeline looking like before receiving the case?