• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
It is hard to believe an express service that needs so much time if it is not because the bet is so low. I'm with Lancel, even it is not our fault that you didn't calculate well enough the price to include shippingng (even without the bonuses and the Gen4 cable), I don't want you to loose any penny of your earnings, so please tell us what do you need to achieve the UPS price in order to send the cases tomorrow. A Paypal transfer should do the job fast enough.

Last edited:

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
It is hars to believe an express service that needs so much time if it is not jecause the bet is so low. I'm with Lancel, even it is not our fault that you didn't calculate well enough the price to include pricing (even without the bonuses and the Gen4 cable), I don't want you to loose any panny of your earnings, so please tell us what do you need to achieve in order to send the cases tomorrow. A Paypal transfer should do the job fast enough.

Agreed 100%

Reactions: LanceL

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Question: The ’2 slot setup’ for the GPU, can you position a single slot card i.e. an EKWB RTX 3090 on the outside position? I.e. closest to the outside of the case? Thus providing an approx 20mm gap between the core to place some passive heat sinks on the back of the GPU backplate for VRM cooling? Yes the pcIe riser would need replacing/adjusting, but that’s fine.
Absolutely you can! It's what I'm doing! You need some of those shims, like what comes with the FormD T1, but I think you can buy them at a hardware store. Check out my pictures of how I did mine:

JCB42

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2021
Absolutely you can! It's what I'm doing! You need some of those shims, like what comes with the FormD T1, but I think you can buy them at a hardware store. Check out my pictures of how I did mine:
Wow, awesome, thank you for the insight! I may have over-estimated the possible room beneath the GPU to fit a small fan above a 240mm radiator. That said, looks like you've a FE edition of the GPU card? the Asus one i'm looking at might sit a little higher in the case.

Link to the GPU here

Could really do with a CAD model of the core-frame :p Not really for the outside, once it fits in the core, it'll slide in the case. But before i pull the trigger on gpu's and parts, it'd be good to know what's possible.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
I just unpacked the Booster Cell and found a small flaw in the anodizing:

I'm guessing that's where it was hung from during anodizing. Is that to be expected?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Wow, awesome, thank you for the insight! I may have over-estimated the possible room beneath the GPU to fit a small fan above a 240mm radiator. That said, looks like you've a FE edition of the GPU card? the Asus one i'm looking at might sit a little higher in the case.

Link to the GPU here

Could really do with a CAD model of the core-frame :p Not really for the outside, once it fits in the core, it'll slide in the case. But before i pull the trigger on gpu's and parts, it'd be good to know what's possible.
You'll definitely need some of EKWB's low profile rotary terminal fittings for the card. There's no way your hooking fittings up to that thing easily with the stock ports. The card might even be too tall with the stock ports as well.
Link: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-terminal-rotary-90-black

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
I usually hesitate to post as this will obviously generate questions but since I waited almost a year for this case here it goes:
Fix for possible short at BC Link:

USB C 3.1 GEN 2 MOD AND HEAT SHRINK PROTECTION FOR Fan RIBBON CABLE:

FRONT USB 3.1 GEN 2 MOD: hand-cut and filed and yes I was sweating blood. (I made a template first.

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE DUST.... TOP VIEW BELOW OF GEN 2 MOD CABLE:

TOP VIEW OUT OF SHELL:

INSIDE OF BOOSTER CELL:

VIDEO CARD AND FANS:

SIDE VIE OF HEATSINK:

BLACKRIDGE AND FANS:

SIDE VIEW WITH WINDOW AND RGB
LIGHTS:
BOOSTER CELL LIGHTING:

BOTTOM VIEW:

SPECS WITHOUT XMP ENABLED:

CPU TEMPS:

NVME TEMPS:

GPU TEMPS IDLE:

CRYSTALDISKMARK NVME SPEED TEST:

I CUSTOM SHORTENED THE CPU POWER CABLE AND I CUSTOM-MADE THE GPU CABLE FROM LEFTOVER FEP SILVER. 24 PIN ATX IS NOT SHORTENED.
I will say my new real "Molex" crimping tool is a dream come true, perfect crimps. Only a true modder would fall in love with this tool and it is Made in Sweden for Molex. My birthday present to myself.... was over 300.00 US dollars,

Last edited:

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I usually hesitate to post as this will obviously generate questions but since I waited almost a year for this case here it goes:
Fix for possible short at BC Link:

USB C 3.1 GEN 2 MOD AND HEAT SHRINK PROTECTION FOR Fan RIBBON CABLE:

FRONT USB 3.1 GEN 2 MOD: hand-cut and filed and yes I was sweating blood. (I made a template first.

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE DUST.... TOP VIEW BELOW OF GEN 2 MOD CABLE:

TOP VIEW OUT OF SHELL:

INSIDE OF BOOSTER CELL:

VIDEO CARD AND FANS:

SIDE VIE OF HEATSINK:

BLACKRIDGE AND FANS:

SIDE VIEW WITH WINDOW AND RGB
LIGHTS:
BOOSTER CELL LIGHTING:

BOTTOM VIEW:

SPECS WITHOUT XMP ENABLED:

CPU TEMPS:

NVME TEMPS:

GPU TEMPS IDLE:

CRYSTAKMARK NVME SPEED TEST:

I CUSTOM SHORTENED THE CPU POWER CABLE AND I CUSTOM-MADE THE GPU CABLE FROM LEFTOVER FEP SILVER. 24 PIN ATX IS NOT SHORTENED.
I will say my new real "Molex" crimping tool is a dream come true, perfect crimps. Only a true modder would fall in love with this tool and it is Made in Sweden for Molex. My birthday present to myself.... was over 300.00 US dollars,
Wow! That's amazing! I would have to buy a second booster cell if I were to ever cut mine! lol That mod is really going to come through in big ways once next gen motherboards come out supporting usb gen 4/thunderbolt 4.
So I see the booster cell really helps out with the thermals; I'm amazed you can have that tempered glass panel on with an all air cooled set up! Yeah dude that's the good stuff you posted there!!

Reactions: RE4MATT3D

JCB42

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2021
You'll definitely need some of EKWB's low profile rotary terminal fittings for the card. There's no way your hooking fittings up to that thing easily with the stock ports. The card might even be too tall with the stock ports as well.
Link: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-terminal-rotary-90-black
Thanks again for the tips. :) - Didn't know they existed.

Looking forward to seeing your completed build! - Have you settled on a position for your quick-disconnects? Will they be on the back plate or are you positioning them to be closer to your external radiator?

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
MVP to what you did to custom. I definitely envy you for extending the front to include a USB-C spot.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Wow! That's amazing! I would have to buy a second booster cell if I were to ever cut mine! lol That mod is really going to come through in big ways once next gen motherboards come out supporting usb gen 4/thunderbolt 4.
So I see the booster cell really helps out with the thermals; I'm amazed you can have that tempered glass panel on with an all air cooled set up! Yeah dude that's the good stuff you posted there!!
My board has TB 4 but only on back IO not internally.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
MVP to what you did to custom. I definitely envy you for extending the front to include a USB-C spot.
Corsair platinum cables which are individual loomed with a paracord similar to CableMods cables are way too long for this case. PCIe CPU should be 20CM ATX 24 should be 20 CM and Video (8 pin) should be 30 CM. I made the FEP Video from the ground up with gold-plated pins and white Molexes. The CPU I cut the MB side of the cable to 8 20 CM long wires and used a Cigar butane lighter to rebond the paracord after I stripped and re-pinned with gold pins those wires and then reinserted them back in the original split 4/4 Molex. I did not feel like doing 24 wires as I ordered some custom wires for these 3 harnesses, I should have loomed the fan harnesses especially the Noctua 2 to one splitter but I just got lazy at least at this point maybe later.... The USB C was easy although the exact location is critical as if it is too close it will hit the light bar harness and you have to cut the original fan slot bracket to allow it to fit which holds the booster cell in place. The gen 2 is really fast for copying from my NVME portable, I tested and I was impressed. I hate wire ties and I usually use plastic clips and drill and tap each location but the sliding function of the spine does not allow infinite and optimum locations so I only use one on this build. I had to rebond most of the last corner sliders on the spine with JB Weld as most of them broke off during the build. Super glue is not strong enough. You could gain a lot of room by using an HDplex 400 watt PS over a SFX but you would be limited to a low-power video card or APU video.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch

Advertising photo

Photo of the item I received

Anodizing color is very different. to be disappointing

That does indeed look a bit different. The one on top is almost white and on the bottom it is more of a silver / grey.
I know that it is very difficult to take photos with accurate colors and obviously the lighting and also the monitor play a significant role.
Maybe the photo Alex took was just not accurate color-wise or postprocessed, or the anodization is different.