• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Guys do you have any tips regarding Strix X570-I and it’s insanely annoying chipset fan?

Setting AIO fan + Motherboard fan to exhaust/push rather than intake/pull greatly improved GPU thermals (open air card) but now there’s nothing blowing over the MOBO and that chipset fan sure loves to whine.

• Haha
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Guys do you have any tips regarding Strix X570-I and it’s insanely annoying chipset fan?

Setting AIO fan + Motherboard fan to exhaust/push rather than intake/pull greatly improved GPU thermals (open air card) but now there’s nothing blowing over the MOBO and that chipset fan sure loves to whine.
Some users were able to place a fan above the CPU block on a A4. Providing Mjolnir is wider I thought that it could be feasible to place a couple of "L" brackets from the upper rail and let a 120/92mm fan hanging just over the motherboard area, cooling it all. 🤔

Like that but hanging from the top 👆

That and maybe toying with the fan curve if the bios allows you to. 😬

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
May be a good idea to poke them every other day.
I mean seriously, why does it take like 3 weeks to get a response from UPS? Certainly doesn't look like they work as fast as they can.

I poke them pretty much every day. Maybe I should clarify what I mean with reply, i.e. = deal. I don’t know exactly what they do but our UPS rep has to reach out to all countries (I think), discuss what’s possible for us and then present us with the final deal. For the US etc it’s quite fast because it’s one country (even if it’s huge). For EU, there are a lot of countries.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
I poke them pretty much every day. Maybe I should clarify what I mean with reply, i.e. = deal. I don’t know exactly what they do but our UPS rep has to reach out to all countries (I think), discuss what’s possible for us and then present us with the final deal. For the US etc it’s quite fast because it’s one country (even if it’s huge). For EU, there are a lot of countries.

I have no idea how good the current offer is, but in principle (if your budget allows it) you could just accept it now and be done with it? I trust you to be reasonable and not negotiate down to the last penny.
Are you still confident that it will take less time to negotiate the price for the "rest of the world" even though there are way more countries?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Shinken1

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Since there are a lot of countries in EU (and I think it was the case a loooong time ago), why this lovely rep has not started to discuss with all countries like a month ago, or 2 months ago ? I’m sure the guy is very busy but c’mon, stuff like that should be anticipated Duh.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Since there are a lot of countries in EU (and I think it was the case a loooong time ago), why this lovely rep has not started to discuss with all countries like a month ago, or 2 months ago ? I’m sure the guy is very busy but c’mon, stuff like that should be anticipated Duh.

I’ve already said why, but here goes again. They didn’t agree to give us a better deal before, only now that they have better data on us. The old deal is bad and doesn’t work for us at all.

We are working as fast as we can and now the ball is in their hands. I’ll update you guys as soon as anything happens. As some have recommended me I’ll tone down a bit on the actual details of this stuff because it always leads to “but you should have done this and that” which doesn’t help the situation now.

Last edited:

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
I’ve already said why, but here goes again. They didn’t agree to give us a better deal before, only now that they have better data on us.
Ok my bad. Dumb question maybe but an only one world deal wouldn’t have been cheaper, since you know how many cases you‘d send ?

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
Finally got around to unpacking it. Here's a few first impressions:
  • It feels suprisingly light! — I assumed it'd be more like holding an anvil
  • Quick inspection suggestions everything is flawless, no scratches anywhere that I could see — but I only spent a couple of minutes looking, and only noticed dust
  • Sliding the core out sounded a little scratchy to me — once I got it out, I noticed one of the little feet had popped off the corner, is the solution to use Loctite (Blue 242?) to stick it back on?
  • The Godrays and Booster Cell sliding around in the core had me worried — I think this was discussed before, but if there was a way to stop it sliding around, that'd definitely help (maybe inner padding?)
  • The glass in the Shield of Founders definitely jiggles around a bit — I think this was also previously discussed (when you're not using it, where are you storing it?)
  • It matches all my other matte-black things beautifully :D — I can't wait to put it all together on the weekend!
Gratuitous matte-black family photo (sorry about the dust and fingerprints):

Last edited:

kr33per

Efficiency Noob
May 26, 2021
Finally got around to unpacking it. Here's a few first impressions:
  • It feels suprisingly light! — I assumed it'd be more like holding an anvil
  • Quick inspection suggestions everything is flawless, no scratches anywhere that I could see — but I only spent a couple of minutes looking, and only noticed dust
  • Sliding the core out sounded a little scratchy to me — once I got it out, I noticed one of the little feet had popped off the corner, is the solution to use Loctite (Blue 242?) to stick it back on?
  • The Godrays and Booster Cell sliding around in the core had me worried — I think this was discussed before, but if there was a way to stop it sliding around, that'd definitely help (maybe inner padding?)
  • The glass in the Shield of Founders definitely jiggles around a bit — I think this was also previously discussed (when you're not using it, where are you storing it?)
  • It matches all my other matte-black things beautifully :D — I can't wait to put it all together on the weekend!
Gratuitous matte-black family photo (sorry about the dust and fingerprints):
Blue 242 is a thread locker. What you want to go with is one of the Loctite brand super glues.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
It feels suprisingly light! — I assumed it'd be more like holding an anvil
Lol wait till you get hardware in it, mines at least 30 pounds with hardware + water!

Sliding the core out sounded a little scratchy to me — once I got it out, I noticed one of the little feet had popped off the corner, is the solution to use Loctite (Blue 242?) to stick it back on?
Loctite Ultra Gel Control - made specifically for metal and plastic and vibration/shock endurance! One of my feet fell off the other day after several removals of the core and its what I used!

Sliding the core out sounded a little scratchy to me
I noticed that, with mine at least, the core can bow slightly when no fans are installed on the set of rails. This caused mine to scrape slightly. After adding fans and a radiator to the Core, the bowing was fixed and the core slid much smoother!

Can't wait to see your build!!

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@abdulla Loctite Precision works as well and is readily available 👌

Actually does anybody have a Ghost S1 for comparing weights? I think they should weigh about the same 🤔

Reactions: abdulla

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
I have a Ghost S1 MKII and I think the Mjolnir is much more heavier. I’ll compare when I’ll have my Mjolnir hehe

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I have a Ghost S1 MKII and I think the Mjolnir is much more heavier. I’ll compare when I’ll have my Mjolnir hehe

Don't be so sure ;)

Base MJOLNIR with Performance Panels weight 2.67kg (5.89lb).

Last edited:

JCB42

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2021
Question: The ’2 slot setup’ for the GPU, can you position a single slot card i.e. an EKWB RTX 3090 on the outside position? I.e. closest to the outside of the case? Thus providing an approx 20mm gap between the core to place some passive heat sinks on the back of the GPU backplate for VRM cooling? Yes the pcIe riser would need replacing/adjusting, but that’s fine.

Doing the above, there ”should” be enough space beneath the GPU to then place some small 10mm thick 40mm noctua fans underneath to help cool those VRMs as well as help exhaust a 240mm rad, at least on that quadrant, the other quadrant sitting beneath the CPU getting no fan assist and the other half beneath the PSU with a proper noctua fan exhaust.

tbh, has anybody google sketch-up’d this case? Or 3D modelled the inner frame? I just want to try and plan my build. This would be invaluable, however since I don’t even have my case yet, i can’t even take measurements to CAD it up.

LanceL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 9, 2017
@Alex please let's us know how much additional money you need from us unlucky EU backers so we can get the cases shipped to EU.

I have today reached out to a dear friend of mine in Denmark who is a Logistics department director at UPS and told her about this situation, she is baffled why it would take so long to get a quite for EU, the thing with each country is not how it works within the EU for UPS she told me