• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Jumping in here a bit quick, I've actually done the reverse PSU + AIO for about 1.5 years now:

There a huge cable mess up top (or bottom, since I do reverse orientation) which sometimes messes with my O2 panel (note, I have the old one with only 2 magnets). Custom cables would be nice!

Also, @cwolf as you can see in the pic it fits no problem :) Undervolt it in MSI afterburner for some epic thermals saving:
1. Set Core clock: -250MHz and Apply
2. Open curve editor
3. Pull the dot at 850 mV up to 1890Mhz and Apply
= DONE, you're saving about 10C for free without any performance degradation. Launch Heaven 4.0 and check if it crashes after 15min. If it DOESN'T you're golden (you can redo the process with lower mV (837mV or 825mV) if you want). If it crashed you can redo the process with higher mV (875mV).

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
So 1 full week later (after receiving my Stealth + Booster Cell)
Mistakes were made.

I originally bought a be Quiet! Pure Loop 120mm AIO. I thought 120mm was the minimum requirement and back then Corsair wasn't at a good price on amazon (or my local computer shop). Lord behold that was the biggest mistakes EVER. The PUMP was on the tube instead of the CPU block. It is immovable, therefore it fully blocked the PSU cables and sticked out like a sore thumb

Figuring I would be toast, I went and decided to go FAN cooling with stock Ryzen 5 fan. Look at the ample amount of space under the SPU (those are 25mm and 15mm noctua)

Lord behold, 6hrs later, got a corsair H60 - HOWEVER regardless how many times I've watched @AlexTzone video on how to bend the cables, THAT STUFF IS TIGHT under the PSU!!!! Took me 3 days (1hr per cable) to slip them under properly, BUT IT IS DONE!

Now I need to find a way to tuck those tubes in properly so it doesn't stick out from the side. Anyone got tricks/recommendations?
Your not going to want to hear this... but... you need to take the AIO off and rotate it. I made this same mistake in my FormD T1. You want the tubes to exit the cold plate (part over the cpu) at the end closest to the I/O shield. So basically 180 from how you have it now. This will decrease the amount of extra tubing you need to tuck away. 🤣I've been there trust me. I ended up fighting with those tubes for days before I finally gave in and rotated it.

Reactions: Shinken1

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
@beerbuddha for context here's a picture of what I mean. Im not sure if your AIO can be rotated after looking at your pictures closer, it has a different mounting mechanism. But if it can be, this will help a lot!

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Custom cables would be nice!
Send pslate a Mjolnir core. They make the best cables, each wire on each cable is measured individually so it bends perfectly. On their website they have Mjolnir listed as coming soon as soon as they get a case to make them. All they would need is the core since it's just internal measurements. I bet they'd even return it afterwards. They'd probably give you a few sets of cables for free too for the favor! Lol

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
@beerbuddha for context here's a picture of what I mean. Im not sure if your AIO can be rotated after looking at your pictures closer, it has a different mounting mechanism. But if it can be, this will help a lot!
LOL...was about to say....gotta be done. LOL hopefully the thermal didn't stick yet as I had issues last time taking it off the stock fan LOL

thanks for tip

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
There a huge cable mess up top (or bottom, since I do reverse orientation) which sometimes messes with my O2 panel (note, I have the old one with only 2 magnets). Custom cables would be nice!
yeah your cables are much more maliable than mine..i think mine turns into an afro. Will wait for custom cables to come in and see if I can get better experience

• Haha

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
So @N9neBreak3r i tried to reverse orient it (tube towards shield) there isn't enough tube length to go that way (need 1 more inch).
Im force to have it near memory...I will probably have way more space once I get the custom cables and have my PSU block in verse shape ill just need to tuck more

cwolf

Cable Smoosher
Jun 2, 2021
Jumping in here a bit quick, I've actually done the reverse PSU + AIO for about 1.5 years now:

Also, @cwolf as you can see in the pic it fits no problem :) Undervolt it in MSI afterburner for some epic thermals saving:
1. Set Core clock: -250MHz and Apply
2. Open curve editor
3. Pull the dot at 850 mV up to 1890Mhz and Apply
= DONE, you're saving about 10C for free without any performance degradation. Launch Heaven 4.0 and check if it crashes after 15min. If it DOESN'T you're golden (you can redo the process with lower mV (837mV or 825mV) if you want). If it crashed you can redo the process with higher mV (875mV).
Nice! I actually was able to pick one up yesterday (Scalper got away with double MSRP >:[ ) and spent all night undervolting. Interesting tradeoff between my old and new systems between size and noise - but super excited nonetheless to have a real GPU again!

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
OK guys GOOD NEWS! The FormD T1 cables from Pslate fit Mjolnir PERFECTLY! If you want custom cables for Mjolnir buy the "FormD normal PSU orientation" cables. The set I have is from Pslate so I can say 100% those will work. But any set measured for the FormD T1 in the normal PSU Orientation should work!

Reactions: beerbuddha

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
OK guys GOOD NEWS! The FormD T1 cables from Pslate fit Mjolnir PERFECTLY! If you want custom cables for Mjolnir buy the "FormD normal PSU orientation" cables. The set I have is from Pslate so I can say 100% those will work. But any set measured for the FormD T1 in the normal PSU Orientation should work!
i sent my specs to an Etsy store asking for a DAN A4...heard it was fine. August delivery...will test then...still waiting to see if my new machine will explode

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
cat for scale? lol

So no AIO yet? no wonder the bottom half is clean.
I tried shoving my 120mm radiator and 25mm fan under there and I got it to fit but it left me with absolutely no extra room to use for cable management and potential tube routing for the return tube for my loop. So I decided another noctua nf-a12x15 is the way to go. Just ordered it off amazon and it'll be here Thursday. Yet another delay for me finishing this project lol!

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Still waiting to hear on thermals from people who are using low-profile aircoolers.

I'll be attempting to use a 10900F with a Cryorig C7G heatsink paired with a Noctua NF-A9x15 HS. I think it'll handle the 10900F fine, but not quite so sure about if it were a K/KF with a mild OC.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I tried shoving my 120mm radiator and 25mm fan under there and I got it to fit but it left me with absolutely no extra room to use for cable management and potential tube routing for the return tube for my loop. So I decided another noctua nf-a12x15 is the way to go. Just ordered it off amazon and it'll be here Thursday. Yet another delay for me finishing this project lol!
welcome to my entire vlog/imgur experience that I posted LOL - I was following Alex's tutorial and ended up with that. AND it was with stock cables.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Where can I buy the flipped psu version custom cable?
I can only guarantee 100% that the standard psu orientation FormD T1 cables fit in Mjolnir because that's what I own. But the flipped orientation ones are sold too from Pslate (and I'd imagine other vendors too) for the FormD T1. I would think that they would fit, as the standard ones do, but I can't guarantee it because I don't own a set. Only other option is to wait for someone else to try it or for Mjolnir specific cables to be sold.