• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Oh yes I'm about to go full Oprah on everybody from AU and KR! (give me a couple of hours)

oprah winfrey GIF

Replace "car" with "tracking number"
Please replace also AU with EU 😁

TerryUSA

Cable Smoosher
May 28, 2021
I used the form on their webpage. They said they got my email so it should work for you also.

However, they haven't replied in over a week but they also aren't going to deal with defects at this time.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I used the form on their webpage. They said they got my email so it should work for you also.

However, they haven't replied in over a week but they also aren't going to deal with defects at this time.
I guessed just as much, probably to prevent spam. Although I felt that either the procedure could have been spelled out in the update, or accept that as a business you gotta make your contact address public.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
@beerbuddha here is how I have my booster cell set up with the same noctua fan you have with the extension cable on:
You can see how I wrapped the cable in the pictures.

For anyone doing a custom loop, the bitspower tarasque 120 slim radiator is a PERFECT fit for Mjolnir:
I reccomend it, its the only 120mm radiator that seemed to match Mjolnir's lenght requirements (without modification of course 😆 lol).

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
@beerbuddha here is how I have my booster cell set up with the same noctua fan you have with the extension cable on:
You can see how I wrapped the cable in the pictures.

For anyone doing a custom loop, the bitspower tarasque 120 slim radiator is a PERFECT fit for Mjolnir:
I reccomend it, its the only 120mm radiator that seemed to match Mjolnir's lenght requirements (without modification of course 😆 lol).
wow...seeing it like this makes super sense...but ill use it if my current "stripped" down version doesn't work

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Alex my friend, can we get some more clarity on the vertical stand?

From what I remember reading it sounded like it would potentially replace the front plate/booster cell portion of the case? I think that's actually backwards of how you'd want to do it, if so. It would leave all the cables just a jumbled mess coming out of the top, and remove one potential venting/fan location.

Instead, I propose you make it a baseplate to replace the back of the core with. You could leave a small cutout to allow cables to passthrough discretely. This would also allow people to easily keep the core flat on the desk and remove the casing/shell alone if they wanted to. On top of it, you could then use the booster cell up-top as a exhaust fan, with the two side 120mm fans pulling air in, and using natural heat convection to help remove hot air from the case.

Again, I think if you wanted to go a bit further, you could make the accented piece frosted/diffused plastic or glass, and have ARGB lighting integrated with it as well. I'll come up with some drawings later to make it more easy to picture.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Alex my friend, can we get some more clarity on the vertical stand?

From what I remember reading it sounded like it would potentially replace the front plate/booster cell portion of the case? I think that's actually backwards of how you'd want to do it, if so. It would leave all the cables just a jumbled mess coming out of the top, and remove one potential venting/fan location.

Instead, I propose you make it a baseplate to replace the back of the core with. You could leave a small cutout to allow cables to passthrough discretely. This would also allow people to easily keep the core flat on the desk and remove the casing/shell alone if they wanted to. On top of it, you could then use the booster cell up-top as a exhaust fan, with the two side 120mm fans pulling air in, and using natural heat convection to help remove hot air from the case.

Again, I think if you wanted to go a bit further, you could make the accented piece frosted/diffused plastic or glass, and have ARGB lighting integrated with it as well. I'll come up with some drawings later to make it more easy to picture.

I'm right there with you on that idea, that's actually what we had in mind! 😁 Perhaps this shows it more clearly, the idea is that the Dock replaces the back panel of the Core:

Dock (standalone)

Dock (mounted to the Core)

The cables are passed through the opening on the back

Dock (mounted to the Core) + Shell

We can potentially make it so that the internal lighting from the Godrays shines down through and on to the silver piece like @wolfatpno suggested 👌 Not sure if the opening for the cables on the back is too large? However, we should be careful making too small as well considering that some GPUs (blower style) are dependent on good exhaust out the back.

Last edited:

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I'm right there with you on that idea, that's actually what we had in mind! 😁 Perhaps this shows it more clearly, the idea is that the Dock replaces the back panel of the Core:

Dock (standalone)

We can potentially make it so that the internal lighting from the Godrays shines down through and on to the silver piece like @wolfatpno suggested 👌 Not sure if the opening for the cables on the back is too large? However, we should be careful making too small as well considering that some GPUs (blower style) are dependent on good exhaust out the back.
OOOHHHhhhhhh so the cables will be UNDER (base)....no you have my attention

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
I have a Mjolnir with a booster cell. I am concerned about the solder points on the back of the 4 pin fan header and the back of the BC link PCB touching the spine and shorting. Should I apply tape to possible contact areas? There are 10 solder points on the back of the BC link PCB that will touch the spine and in my vested opinion cannot be spaced off with washers. There a fan and BC lighting voltages from these pins that are LIVE when the machine is running.
The back or the 15mm (thickness) fan connection on the ribbon cable will touch if wrapped over tuck the fan cable as shown in the Pics above.
Is the spine and case not conductive and a ground???

ABOVE IS BACK OF BC LINK CONNECTOR TO BE MOUNTED TO SPINE

ABOVE IS THE BACK OF THE FAN HEADER ON RIBBON CABLE (THE FRONT IS TO BE CONNECTED TO AN OPTIONAL 15MM THICK FAN)

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020

Dock (standalone)

That opening for cables looks to be perfectly sized, I'd say. Might I suggest moving the USB C connection to the opposite side of the cable opening, though? I imagine that would be the "front" as most people would configure a vertical Mjolnir. If you can make it so that the cut-out is opposite the side of the 2x 120mm intake fans as well, it could make for some interesting appearance.

I remember telling you about the Phanteks fan rings, and helping you come up with the idea for lighting similar in the booster cell. Imagine having two fans, with those RGB rings, visible right on the front. And on top of the case the booster cell with another RGB ring? That'd be a pretty unique look I think.

Reactions: Ovni

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
As a crazed saturday evening idea thought that shouldn't be taken so seriously, although what you say about blower GPU is really relevant and important. If you sliced the base like this, you can get 2x bases with the material of one, increase the airflow for blower GPUs, more directions the cables can escape, and from certain angles it may look like the mjolnir is floating.

I think @DASBOOT 's post needs more serious attention though.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Also since we're talking about it again, I want a booster cell alternative that has a Qi charger on it so I can wirelessly charge my phone on top of the vertical MJOLNIR. Probably not feasible due to my lack of understanding of compatibility between metal and wireless charging, but just saying.