• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I'm actually running an old 2017 Corsair One as my main build, love how quiet it stays even after hrs of gaming. :)

Sorry, what's the Hyanjian 240 rad? - do you have a link? google let me down. I wouldn't be adverse to sanding, however you're still stuck with just a 1 fan between your PSU and 240 on the floor/top of your case?

Looking forwards to pictures & thermal comparisons with and without your external radiator. Pretty sure a 140mm will get toasty inside with that ti, but I'd love to know if it's even feasible for extended periods ;)
Hyanjiang 240mm: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001355572417.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

If you don't mind sanding get the tx240. It's core is wayyyyyy more dense. Yeah you can only get one fan on a 240mm radiator inside Mjolnir.
I'll definetly try running the loop off of just the 120mm radiator inside for fun and to see what it can actually do, but I know its not viable. I mean it would work fine just for web browsing and light work loads, but I already know it won't work for gaming or anything using the cpu and gpu at a high load. Still, it will be fun to see just how much a 120mm radiator can cool (more like cook lol) a 5950x and 3080 ti.

Reactions: JCB42

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hyanjiang 240mm: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001355572417.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

If you don't mind sanding get the tx240. It's core is wayyyyyy more dense. Yeah you can only get one fan on a 240mm radiator inside Mjolnir.
I'll definetly try running the loop off of just the 120mm radiator inside for fun and to see what it can actually do, but I know its not viable. I mean it would work fine just for web browsing and light work loads, but I already know it won't work for gaming or anything using the cpu and gpu at a high load. Still, it will be fun to see just how much a 120mm radiator can cool (more like cook lol) a 5950x and 3080 ti.

Curious about that Hyanjiang, have you tested it out by any chance? 😁

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Curious about that Hyanjiang, have you tested it out by any chance? 😁
Nope, I personally don't have one. I've just done tons of research on it and from that determined not to get it due to the thin core and numerous reports of poor quality control resulting in leaks.
It is the only sub 20mm (17mm) thick radiator I know of that is in the 240mm size. Everything I've read and everyone that I've talked to about it says it's only good for supplemental cooling and should not be used as your primary radiator.
When I was deciding between the tx240 and the hanjiang 240, I ultimately went with the tx240 and thats why I don't have one. Not knocking it in anyway, it has its niche and fills it well, it just wasn't the best choice for my plans.

cwolf

Cable Smoosher
Jun 2, 2021
Hello fam! Anyone able to confirm that the XC3 variants of 3000 series GPUs (Specifically the 3070 XC3 black) fits in Mjolnir? I've found one that's in budget, but don't want to pay scalping prices if it's not going to fit.

Very excited to retire the GT710 that's in all the photos I've posted earlier :)

Reactions: beerbuddha

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hello fam! Anyone able to confirm that the XC3 variants of 3000 series GPUs (Specifically the 3070 XC3 black) fits in Mjolnir? I've found one that's in budget, but don't want to pay scalping prices if it's not going to fit.

Very excited to retire the GT710 that's in all the photos I've posted earlier :)
All the xc3 3000 series cards from evga fit just fine in Mjolnir.

Duke_Krieg

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
I wish I could build my mjolnir build, guys....

I move so often for work (12 times in five years X_X) that I shipped it to my parents since its a more permanent address. God forbid it shipped to an address I've already moved out of...

Which means, the next time I get home to pick up and unbox my Mjolnir is basically in a month.

The hype is unreal.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
So 1 full week later (after receiving my Stealth + Booster Cell)
Mistakes were made.

I originally bought a be Quiet! Pure Loop 120mm AIO. I thought 120mm was the minimum requirement and back then Corsair wasn't at a good price on amazon (or my local computer shop). Lord behold that was the biggest mistakes EVER. The PUMP was on the tube instead of the CPU block. It is immovable, therefore it fully blocked the PSU cables and sticked out like a sore thumb

Figuring I would be toast, I went and decided to go FAN cooling with stock Ryzen 5 fan. Look at the ample amount of space under the SPU (those are 25mm and 15mm noctua)

Lord behold, 6hrs later, got a corsair H60 - HOWEVER regardless how many times I've watched @AlexTzone video on how to bend the cables, THAT STUFF IS TIGHT under the PSU!!!! Took me 3 days (1hr per cable) to slip them under properly, BUT IT IS DONE!

Now I need to find a way to tuck those tubes in properly so it doesn't stick out from the side. Anyone got tricks/recommendations?

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Wouldn't it be easier to flip the PSU? (see user manual p.9) That way you could route the cables more comfortably...

It wouldn't fit the cable space and also ti don't know why would someone put it in that configuration.

Also see the following in terms of how to which is what I was following. I'm not sure if I invert it, I would have enough cable

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
It wouldn't fit the cable space and also ti don't know why would someone put it in that configuration.

Also see the following in terms of how to which is what I was following. I'm not sure if I invert it, I would have enough cable

The cable space should be sufficient, as the PSU flipping was a design idea that came up before production (that's why there are slots where the PSU bracket is mounted instead of simple holes, such that the PSU can be shifter a bit up or down).
Honestly I don't understand why someone would NOT invert the PSU. Having the cables dangling into the AIO fan is a mess and hinders airflow. I don't see any reason why it isn't the default option.

saonexus

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2020
Two questions:

1. Apologies if this has been answered before but was anyone able to fit the 120 AIO from EK?
2. Any bags or case you guys tried out or heard of that could possibly fit Mjolnir to transport safely? I was looking at the Vanguard Divider Bag 40 but not sure if the inner zippers will scratch the finish.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Two questions:

1. Apologies if this has been answered before but was anyone able to fit the 120 AIO from EK?
2. Any bags or case you guys tried out or heard of that could possibly fit Mjolnir to transport safely? I was looking at the Vanguard Divider Bag 40 but not sure if the inner zippers will scratch the finish.

a Pelican case would be a good option to safely transport a mjolnir ;)

Phaerim

Chassis Packer
Mar 26, 2021
a Pelican case would be a good option to safely transport a mjolnir ;)
I already have mine a 1605 with foam precutted, once i receive my Mjolnir i will show how it looks to have mjolnir + keyboard mouse + 27 inch screen in one suitcase (according to my calculation it will be very dense)

Im moving to Canada in July (from France) so i will test it soon :D

I just hope to receive the Mjolnir before leaving..... finger crossed !

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
The cable space should be sufficient, as the PSU flipping was a design idea that came up before production (that's why there are slots where the PSU bracket is mounted instead of simple holes, such that the PSU can be shifter a bit up or down).
Honestly I don't understand why someone would NOT invert the PSU. Having the cables dangling into the AIO fan is a mess and hinders airflow. I don't see any reason why it isn't the default option.
The option was there - it was reported as such when the first thermal was out - however to date, no one did it for AIO. You would think its logically feasible but I think there Is a downside to it, i haven't figure it out.

Im getting custom cables in 1-2 months, when It is time to yank it all out, i will check again