AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Question:
- wouldnt the new taping method help overall already to secure the parcel? fi this is the way that arrives safely then why not continue? or is there still a risk and this is an ask to ensure the risk is decreased.

Anything to ensure that parcel arrives correctly. Might need to update the instructions if you do this switch. Im not a big fan of decals or 3M sticking afterwards (don't get me wrong I love 3M because its strong as hell...) - I don't have the best hand eye coordination and would hate to not have it align correctly if I do it myself...=/

Im for the improvement if it helps ease the mind that the content of the box is optimally secured.

Regarding the feet; I think the opinion of this forum might lean more to the "I'll just fix them myself" side, but if you want to brand yourself as a premium case maker to the general public, in my opinion it would be wiser to just improve the inserts and fix the feet at the factory.

Good points! I think we'll just use a nicer version of the tape-method going forward, maybe a black tape with white THOR ZONE logos on it. The feet will be pre-installed like in KS/B1 👌

I also want to buy dark, but I missed the last sale. Has the schedule been set for the next sale?

its going to be a while for next sale. I think its going to be sometime Oct/Nov

Batch 2 (Nov 2020) has not been produced and shipped yet
Batch 3 (May 2021) has not been produced and shipped yet

therefore I would say expect Oct-Nov unless things picked up as there is some logistics stuff happening right now. Until that is resolved then everything is not smooth yet.

It's preferable to have a new batch right before the current one is finished, for all kind of reasons. So the new one may go up in August as well.

@AlexTzone are Nov. 2020 pre-orders and May 2021 pre-orders going to separate production batches? Looks like there is already confusion in the community.

They are both currently in production with estimated completion at the end of July. Basically the same thing as KS/B1, both of them together make production possible. For November we've already had a little head start for non-extrusion parts, but I think it's less headache to just consider them the same.

Seeing more Mjolnir pics in all the SFF Facebook groups I'm in.. slightly sad when I see someone say they got it from an OG backer and now this last minute EBay shipper is rocking the Shield of Founders like they had to deal with any of the KS drama.. I'm not a KS backer myself and would pay for the SOF but I totally support it being an exclusive item. Perhaps in the future you can make the SOF explode if sold on Ebay. J/K of course.. loving all the pics and vids popping up, can't wait til I get mine.

There are lots of possibilities with addons for MJOLNIR, so I think SOF is far from the coolest stuff that will be available soon ;)

I thought UPS shipping to EU (UK) was already confirmed with UPS?

Am I correct in thinking that only a UPS deal for North America has been signed then?
Very disappointed if that is indeed the case.

We got a bunch of stuff signed with them and pricing for US, CA and JP was great. We have pretty bad pricing for the rest as well and they weren't willing to budge, so we found alternative shipping solutions. However, now they are willing to re-consider again, because we've proven ourselves with considerable volume to US, CA and JP. So in this particular case, I don't know if this could have been done "way in advance" since this is the first time the opportunity has presented itself. I want to see what they say, because quite frankly it's a better shipping method than the other plan.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
We got a bunch of stuff signed with them and pricing for US, CA and JP was great. We have pretty bad pricing for the rest as well and they weren't willing to budge, so we found alternative shipping solutions. However, now they are willing to re-consider again, because we've proven ourselves with considerable volume to US, CA and JP. So in this particular case, I don't know if this could have been done "way in advance" since this is the first time the opportunity has presented itself. I want to see what they say, because quite frankly it's a better shipping method than the other plan.

Is this the reason why you are not shipping the remaining 10% yet? (to also be able to ship them via UPS if they give you a better price)

For some reason you have been ignoring my questions / comments for the past few weeks.

• Wow
Reactions: hoanghiep2111

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
It seems my comment either never posted or was removed from the KS page;

When can we expect Steel to start shipping to the US?

Reactions: AlexTzone

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
Thank you for the response.
Appreciate you have your reasons to keep using UPS instead of the other companies you have agreements with.
I'm sure your "other shipping solution" would not have been horrendous as I know you and the team strive for the best.
Financial implications to Thor Zone aside I'm not sure how much worse your "other shipping solution" would have been.
To change your shipping plans suddenly causing *at least* a week extra delay doesn't feel too good especially if there is no benefit for us backers.

I'll just have to keep twiddling my thumbs until the case arrives.

Last edited:
Reactions: keepcoding

cwolf

Cable Smoosher
Jun 2, 2021
prepare black sails GIF by STARZ

My GPU was so big I had to mod it to fit, but even with the glass panels the thermals are awesome!
(Ignore the blemishes they came off with rubbing alcohol)

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
New unboxing video, amazing B-roll at the end:

Between 2:27 - 2:29 the camera perfectly captures the expression change from being nervous to being relieved that things seem to look amazing. We certainly had the same look when unboxing the QC models 😂

God just look at that shot at 17:17 🤤

I had to pay an additional delivery fee when I bought the booster cell. At that time, I asked if I could get a refund on the shipping cost, but I heard it was impossible because it was delivered separately. But this video shows that it's being delivered together.

Is the shipping cost of the booster cell included in the refund list?

BTW,

What is the problem with the package that has been packed but not picked up?

Is the delivery price too expensive?

I think we should find another way if it's too late compared to the US delivery. It's already been delayed for more than two weeks.

Founders Shield is just a Kickstarter Early Bird benefit.

The problem that non-earlybirds could buy at the same price as earlybirds was easy for people to understand thanks to the existence of the "Founders Shield."

However, the delivery delay is a different matter.

A person who is not a Kickstarter participant is receiving the product.

It is grossly unfair for Kickstarter participants to receive weeks late.

Technically, early bird participants should have received it sooner than anyone else.

Torzon must admit that this is a fatal mistake. It's the worst if it's delayed for more than a month.

The better the Thorzone funding situation, the higher the quality of the product. I understand this.

However, it is not normal to change the contract order due to funding conditions.

It is purely a favour for people to wait for this.

Please process quickly to avoid further delays. If you have a problem with your funds, please discuss the amount with other delivery options honestly.

If you won't, you have to offer a realistic date.

If ups do not respond, we should consider abrogating the contract.

The current situation is wasting too much time without a fixed date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinken1

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019
I had to pay an additional delivery fee when I bought the booster cell. At that time, I asked if I could get a refund on the shipping cost, but I heard it was impossible because it was delivered separately. But this video shows that it's being delivered together.

Is the shipping cost of the booster cell included in the refund list?
I can confirm that my booster cell was included in the package. There was actually a sticker on my box that said "With booster cell".

It actually gave me a fright because the booster cell box was just tossed loosely inside the Mjolnir, with no tape/zip ties to secure it. I thought there was something broken in there.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
in some ways, if the shipping is delayed enough that steel packing is complete, that would increase my chances of getting it earlier (EU/Steel) and so I have conflicting feelings about shipping moving faster or slower.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
the adventure of Mjolnir to Canada.
- Label on May 28
- Picked up on May 31
- Clear customs on June 1st (over in China)

Since then it was scheduled for June 4, June 7, June 10....and now back to June 7

UPS is drunk

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Look guys, budget for shipping is extremely limited (especially Europe) so at times we have to negotiate hard. We went from going by boat (MUCH cheaper) to going to express/expedited, this can’t be done easily...especially today.

I want to see what UPS says. In the other shipping solution there is a risky step where we send the packages to “someone” and hope they ship them out, or otherwise hope they return our stuff back and not hold it hostage until we pay whatever “surprise” fees they come up with. Having UPS pick stuff up from the factory is a lot more secure and traceable. It would suck to ship a bunch of cases now have them potentially get lost/stolen, after all this time I’m absolutely not willing to do that considering UPS is coming back with an answer this week (what I’ve been told). So yes we’ve lost a week or two, but if they get stolen we’ve lost a year.

@wolfatpno shipping Booster Cell as a stand-alone package by express would incur enormous costs over what you paid, so we had to figure out a way to make the pricing work (Booster Cell still adds weight to the package and takes it to a new weight threshold). Repackaging the packages with BC inside solved the problem and makes the budget work, just barely.

@keepcoding even though it’s not a hassle we still have to negotiate the 10% (but not as hard), something I mentioned earlier is that MJOLNIR would cost you about $200+ to ship from CN to EU excluding taxes and duties if you’d book it yoursel. The 10% is split up into quite a lot of countries and I don’t want to overload our UPS rep with requests now as we’re waiting for his reply about AU, KR and EU, as it would just slow things down further. However, once we get an answer I’ll send him the 10% for negotiations straight away.

Guys, we aren’t slacking around or trying to find ways to cheap out on shipping. If you’d be standing in my shoes you would see...we’re basically trying to navigate shipping in a way where THOR ZONE survives, the risk to MJOLNIRs is low and the delivery is traceable.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
It seems my comment either never posted or was removed from the KS page;

When can we expect Steel to start shipping to the US?

Get additional fasteners -> 1-2 assembly days -> Steel finished

So basically 1-2 days after we get our backup fasteners we'll be able to ship it out to US. We miscalculated how many screws would be lost in assembly, so did an express order for more. Supplier told us it would take roughly a week to ship the backup screws to the factory.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Get additional fasteners -> 1-2 assembly days -> Steel finished

So basically 1-2 days after we get our backup fasteners we'll be able to ship it out to US. We miscalculated how many screws would be lost in assembly, so did an express order for more. Supplier told us it would take roughly a week to ship the backup screws to the factory.
But how will you do the shipping for steel? Are you going to jump all remaining countries for Dark/Stealth and go back to US Steel shipping? There's no right answer here are somebody is going to be disappointed, but I was wondering what you were planning.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
But how will you do the shipping for steel? Are you going to jump all remaining countries for Dark/Stealth and go back to US Steel shipping? There's no right answer here are somebody is going to be disappointed, but I was wondering what you were planning.

Steel is small, both B1 and KS can be shipped in 2 pickup days by UPS. Would have already shipped it now (US, CA, JP, HK, CN, TW) while we wait for UPS response for AU, KR and EU if we hadn’t run into a shortage of fasteners. Now it’s looking like:
• Stealth / Dark to AU, KR and EU -> Fastners arrive and Steel is finished -> Steel to US, CA, JP, AU, JR, EU, HK, CN and TW (shouldn’t take more than 2 days for UPS to pick them up).

Situation changes all the times and the minute there’s a faster way we’ll jump over to that.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Look guys, budget for shipping is extremely limited (especially Europe) so at times we have to negotiate hard. We went from going by boat (MUCH cheaper) to going to express/expedited, this can’t be done easily...especially today.

Shipping Booster Cell as a stand-alone package by express would incur enormous costs over what you paid, so we had to figure out a way to make the pricing work (Booster Cell still adds weight to the package and takes it to a new weight threshold). Repackaging the packages with BC inside solved the problem and makes the budget work, just barely.

I want to see what UPS says. In the other shipping solution there is a risky step where we send the packages to “someone” and hope they ship them out, or otherwise hope they return our stuff back and not hold it hostage until we pay whatever “surprise” fees they come up with. Having UPS pick stuff up from the factory is a lot more secure and traceable. It would suck to ship a bunch of cases now have them potentially get lost/stolen, after all this time I’m absolutely not willing to do that considering UPS is coming back with an answer this week (what I’ve been told). So yes we’ve lost a week or two, but if they get stolen we’ve lost a year.

@keepcoding even though it’s not a hassle we still have to negotiate the 10% (but not as hard), something I mentioned earlier is that MJOLNIR would cost you about $200+ to ship from CN to EU excluding taxes and duties if you’d book it yoursel. The 10% is split up into quite a lot of countries and I don’t want to overload our UPS rep with requests now as we’re waiting for his reply about AU, KR and EU, as it would just slow things down further. However, once we get an answer I’ll send him the 10% for negotiations straight away.

We aren’t slacking around or trying to find ways to cheap out on shipping. If you’d be standing in my shoes you would see...we’re basically trying to navigate shipping in a way where THOR ZONE survives, the risk to MJOLNIRs is low and the delivery is traceable.

Thanks for the reply. That's the kind of update I appreciate, transparent and honest even if it isn't good news. Information like this helps us to understand why something is not working or progressing very slowly, and maybe we can even give you an input on how to deal with a certain situation.

Last edited:

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Thank you for your reply. Tell us regularly why you're waiting for an efficient and safe way. You don't have to read and answer all the forums. Please use Kickstarter notification function actively. The more information is released, the more generous people will be. It's painful to wait without any information. But people are willing to wait if there is a good reason.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
the adventure of Mjolnir to Canada.
- Label on May 28
- Picked up on May 31
- Clear customs on June 1st (over in China)

Since then it was scheduled for June 4, June 7, June 10....and now back to June 7

UPS is drunk
Mine did the same. It bounced from delivery date June 2nd to June 5th than back to June 2nd and was finally delivered on the 2nd. I'd bet money you'll get yours tomorrow the 7th.

Reactions: beerbuddha

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
Steel is small, both B1 and KS can be shipped in 2 pickup days by UPS. Would have already shipped it now (US, CA, JP, HK, CN, TW) while we wait for UPS response for AU, KR and EU if we hadn’t run into a shortage of fasteners. Now it’s looking like:
• Stealth / Dark to AU, KR and EU -> Fastners arrive and Steel is finished -> Steel to US, CA, JP, AU, JR, EU, HK, CN and TW (shouldn’t take more than 2 days for UPS to pick them up).

Situation changes all the times and the minute there’s a faster way we’ll jump over to that.
Hey @AlexTzone , when will Steel ship to Singapore?

Comradebuttons

Efficiency Noob
Sep 11, 2020
Guys
I just have no idea how this cable management is supposed to work out with a liquid cooler. Feels like I cannot support the fan, even if it was smaller. But regardless, the tubes just don't want to curve around the RAM and there's so much power cable I could choke.

Any suggestions?