Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
PRESENTING — THE DOCK
- Vertical MJOLNIR stand
- USB-C
- Front power button

Not sure which two-tone is best for Stealth, Dark and Steel respectively so feel free to let me know. Also tested have it as 1-tone but that looked really boring.

USgKoryE83ixfuJ8VWSJmYpFpWgSgJZ3zbFau9acegvNSTsdnrJcBHDdaajhwzYqx35qqkd7uj8LxjoBn78pay.gif

How much.... How much money are you going to take from me?!

Last edited:

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hey @AlexTzone I didn't get an led to motherboard 4 pin cable with my God rays. I got 2 led to motherboard 3 pin cables by mistake. I take it the diagram in the instruction manual is correct? I'm going to make my own adapter following the diagram. Let me know if there's anything different from what is shown in the manual. Lol and a heads up for you to remind the crew at the factory to double check the cables they pack haha

• Sad
Reactions: AlexTzone

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
...seems like you are not fully focused on shipments after all. Good luck on funding any other project, but don't count with my money this time.

P.D: Yeah, I know you don't even care at this point. I just have to spit it out.

Reactions: hoanghiep2111

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
PRESENTING — THE DOCK
- Vertical MJOLNIR stand
- USB-C
- Front power button

Not sure which two-tone is best for Stealth, Dark and Steel respectively so feel free to let me know. Also tested have it as 1-tone but that looked really boring.

Make it configurable with whatever color accent you'd like, potentially including diffused plastic or glass with A-RGB lighting for the RGB nuts.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey @AlexTzone I didn't get an led to motherboard 4 pin cable with my God rays. I got 2 led to motherboard 3 pin cables by mistake. I take it the diagram in the instruction manual is correct? I'm going to make my own adapter following the diagram. Let me know if there's anything different from what is shown in the manual. Lol and a heads up for you to remind the crew at the factory to double check the cables they pack haha

Thanks for letting me know, you’re definitely right, should get one of each. Can you send us an email and we’ll hook you up with an extra & verify the one you make on your own is correct. So sorry for the mix :/

...seems like you are not fully focused on shipments after all. Good luck on funding any other project, but don't count with my money this time.

P.D: Yeah, I know you don't even care at this point. I just have to spit it out.

We’re literally waiting for a reply from UPS...it takes time, I’m sure their rep works as fast as he can to avoid more spam from us. “You don’t care”, I care a lot and as soon as we can ship more (hopefully this week) we will. Should I just stare at the wall for the whole week doing nothing? If we could make the wait shorter we would, I’ve gone over the situation in detail a page or two back.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Thanks for letting me know, you’re definitely right, should get one of each. Can you send us an email and we’ll hook you up with an extra & verify the one you make on your own is correct. So sorry for the mix :/
Question @AlexTzone for those who pre-order for August 2021 release for the god rays, will you be double checking the content? Dont want to slow down the process - just like the double tape , want the least amount of back and forth.

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
Stealth & Dark cases look best with Steel trim to me.
Steel case looks best with Dark trim.

I'm not into vertical cases but I really like the design, you / your team are good at great designs!

• Love

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Question @AlexTzone for those who pre-order for August 2021 release for the god rays, will you be double checking the content? Dont want to slow down the process - just like the double tape , want the least amount of back and forth.

They are already double checking and I’ve been quite amazed that nobody has reported getting the wrong colors, panels, addons, etc yet. Knock on wood I hope this continues for all cases (don’t see any reason it shouldn’t).

For small stuff like MOBO cables for the Godrays I’m afraid this will still happen in some very very few instances (@N9neBreak3r is the first time I’ve got this reported so far), given how extremely similar the cables look (human error may be hard to avoid 100%). Still we’d need more data on this, if it’s 1-5 of out of 1000 cases it’s ok, if it’s 50 out of 1000...obvious no bueno. We can easily send replacements for those affected :) His idea of sending out a survey once the cases are shipped is really good, will probably give us a LOT of insight into how to improve.

Reactions: beerbuddha

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
For anyone wondering if the xspc tx240 radiator fits, the answer is no. Its about 1mm maybe 1.5mm to wide on each side. Would totally be possible to fit it if you sand the sides of the radiator down by the above stated amount, but unfortunately stock its not gonna work.

• Wow

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
@AlexTzone love the vertical stand! Personally I like the darker accent paired with the dark case, I also love the idea that was put forth to have rgb shine down subtly from the seems around the trim.
Will definetly send an email to you about it once I make the cable. Really it's not a big deal at all either, it honestly doesnt bother me. I'm actually glad it happened to me and not someone else because I have no problem making my own adapter! It also gives me an opportunity to make the cable exact lenght to cut down on clutter! So no need to rush out a replacement for me, if anything just include it with my new pre-order stuff when that ships!

Reactions: rfarmer

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
@AlexTzone love the vertical stand! Personally I like the darker accent paired with the dark case, I also love the idea that was put forth to have rgb shine down subtly from the seems around the trim.

Will definetly send an email to you about it once I make the cable. Really it's not a big deal at all either, it honestly doesnt bother me. I'm actually glad it happened to me and not someone else because I have no problem making my own adapter! It also gives me an opportunity to make the cable exact lenght to cut down on clutter! So no need to rush out a replacement for me, if anything just include it with my new pre-order stuff when that ships!
the verticle stand is making me wonder how cables are going to be....its going to be weird to have verticle on top no?

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
They are already double checking and I’ve been quite amazed that nobody has reported getting the wrong colors, panels, addons, etc yet. Knock on wood I hope this continues for all cases (don’t see any reason it shouldn’t).

For small stuff like MOBO cables for the Godrays I’m afraid this will still happen in some very very few instances (@N9neBreak3r is the first time I’ve got this reported so far), given how extremely similar the cables look (human error may be hard to avoid 100%). Still we’d need more data on this, if it’s 1-5 of out of 1000 cases it’s ok, if it’s 50 out of 1000...obvious no bueno. We can easily send replacements for those affected :) His idea of sending out a survey once the cases are shipped is really good, will probably give us a LOT of insight into how to improve.
can't always get 100% check...i dont expect it as much...as long as there is a back up procedure that is most important thing

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017

Small batch cases are frustrating. It's hard to wait especially when so many people are now reporting that they got it. Even more so if you're an early backer. However, you did something good, and I personally thank you for it. You took a chance, made a sacrifice, and backed a project and a person at great expense. This wasn't a large company with departments for shipping, testing, production, or anything like that. You backed a person, and helped make their idea become a reality. Because of you and people like you, this case is shipping now.

People who get it during the first batch are also going to be the first group that has to make corrections in a design. I know this first hand. I have V1 versions of several cases that have gotten better over time. In Ncases alone I have had a V2, V5, and V6. The V6 I got just before the V6.1 came out! That's part of the sacrifice we make as SFF enthusiasts.

But just because he puts up a render doesn't mean he doesn't care. Designers design new things all the time. People are have been waiting for the C4-SFX but DonDan has put up two other cases as well. One will likely be in production before the C4 even gets offered for sale. That's just what designers do. They design. I would be more concerned if he walked away from it. He took his downtime, and worked on improving on the original design. This very well could have been a whole new case. Instead, it's a module that we all might get a chance to buy later.

...or not. This is the way of the SFF enthusiast. Still, I'll back it because I believe that Alex is bringing this all together now.

Again, thank you for being an early backer, and a foundation for the project. Stay strong.

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
Hey guys! I have been a lurker since practically the beginning of this project. I recently saw that custom cables have been discussed here, and guess what... For a little over a year now I've been trying to start a custom cable business.

Do any of you know what the forum policy is towards potential new vendors? I have tried to promote my services on Reddit but at the moment I don't have the money to pay for a website designer so I haven't been able to verify myself to the moderators, so I might try to do it here. Let me know if you know of anything! Take care :)

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
How did you get the measurements to PSlate? Last I messaged him he said he would wait until the case was fully released and he could get his hands on one for dimensions (and it still shows as "coming soon" on his website)
two ways to do this:
1. the dimensions are listed on the website (everything)
2. just ask for a Dan A4 case equivalent it will fit

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021

We’re literally waiting for a reply from UPS...it takes time, I’m sure their rep works as fast as he can to avoid more spam from us. “You don’t care”, I care a lot and as soon as we can ship more (hopefully this week) we will. Should I just stare at the wall for the whole week doing nothing? If we could make the wait shorter we would, I’ve gone over the situation in detail a page or two back.
The moment you decided to send the cases to non backers before all the KS, you have demonstrated that you don't care.

@therest It is so easy to talk with the case at home, someones from days, some others from weeks, others from months ago... on the other hand, I'm not from USA, funding this project was probably much more effort for me, try to think that if you find it expensive at, lets say 10% of your monthly income, what about 30, 40%...? Yeah I know, I'm an enthusiast, early adopter and bla bla bla, it is not your problem if I risk that much in this project. And you are right! It is my problem, so it is my shoes, and it infuriates me figuring out that person who bought the case out of KS and received the case while ago (of course not the buyers fault, I'm happy for them) that every update from them is a new problem, a new "wasted" week, a new "promise" that has flout. On top of that, you have to sume all this months with the PC parts spread over my desk.

Just want to share my experience, that it is not like yours, I am not OK with lots of their decisions and I'm happy for all of you guys that are building your PCs and enjoying the final product, but this is not my experience.

Cheers!

Last edited:

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018

They just used their time efficiently. It's better than stopping while waiting. Thanks to their constant consideration, Unibody has returned, the exhaust cutout has grown, and various complementary points have been added. I don't want them to stop. I don't think there's a problem with how they use their time because they've provided reasonable evidence for the delivery.