• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
Got my case yesterday, had quite a few QC issues, unfortunately.

Link to pictures

Had a small nick on the anodization on the front corner showing the silver below it. Stands out on an all black case, especially being right on the front of the case. This is the biggest issue for me on my unit, the rest I could overlook.

Also some bad scratch marks inside on the mb tray. PSU would cover the mark, but still disappointed this left the factory like this for such a premium product.

Two corner tabs that help the friction of the core slide in/out weren't glued on and just fell loose on my bed when I pulled the core out and when I was turning it around inspecting it. There is no glue residue on any of them or the place they should be, so looks like they might have forgot to put glue on them before placing them in the spot? Not sure.

The magnets that hold the top/side panels on to the body of the case were stuck together when I pulled two of the panels off. So in total I think it was around 3 magnets that were missing from their spots. These I could see the glue residue where they were, it just looks like it wasn't dried properly in time, or the glue wasn't strong enough to counter the weight needed to pull the magnets apart when removing the panels? Again, not sure, just guesses here to what happen.

I also have glue residue in a lot of spots, I removed some of them, but a few were very hard to remove and gave up. These were inside on the core, where the tabs are glued to the corners. This should have been properly cleaned after the glue overflow comes up from the pressure. No glue marks on the outside.

I've already e-mailed them, but I'm hoping I can swap my unit for another, as the mark on the front really bothers me. They said they will check with the factory about the marks, but I'm unsure what that means. I'm not sure if you handle the e-mails Alex, but please let me know if there's anything wen can do. 😥
This is one of the reasons why I chose the Dark version and not the Stealth. The black color is damaged very quickly or rather the scratches are more visible than with a lighter color. But I hope that there will be better quality control for future shipments. 😑

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch

Link to pictures

Had a small nick on the anodization on the front corner showing the silver below it. Stands out on an all black case, especially being right on the front of the case. This is the biggest issue for me on my unit, the rest I could overlook.

Also some bad scratch marks inside on the mb tray. PSU would cover the mark, but still disappointed this left the factory like this for such a premium product.

Two corner tabs that help the friction of the core slide in/out weren't glued on and just fell loose on my bed when I pulled the core out and when I was turning it around inspecting it. There is no glue residue on any of them or the place they should be, so looks like they might have forgot to put glue on them before placing them in the spot? Not sure.

The magnets that hold the top/side panels on to the body of the case were stuck together when I pulled two of the panels off. So in total I think it was around 3 magnets that were missing from their spots. These I could see the glue residue where they were, it just looks like it wasn't dried properly in time, or the glue wasn't strong enough to counter the weight needed to pull the magnets apart when removing the panels? Again, not sure, just guesses here to what happen.

I also have glue residue in a lot of spots, I removed some of them, but a few were very hard to remove and gave up. These were inside on the core, where the tabs are glued to the corners. This should have been properly cleaned after the glue overflow comes up from the pressure. No glue marks on the outside.

I've already e-mailed them, but I'm hoping I can swap my unit for another, as the mark on the front really bothers me. They said they will check with the factory about the marks, but I'm unsure what that means. I'm not sure if you handle the e-mails Alex, but please let me know if there's anything wen can do. 😥
That's a pity and not quite up to the expectations of a "perfect" case. Let's hope this is just the odd one out and most other cases are ok.
@AlexTzone How do you intend to handle cases like this? How many units of each color did you set aside to do an exchange?

Last edited:

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019

Link to pictures

Got my tracking number this morning.

Dark color, backer# 18x

Seeing this makes me incredibly nervous though. I hope Alex get back to you soon.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone
woha...Dark is going out? (before Stealth CAD/AUD)
I would guess this is just a misnomer, a bit unfortunate that we have this naming scheme of Stealth/Dark/Steel, would have been less confusing if it was just Black/Gray/Silver. But if they really meant they backed Dark, then I guess they are getting shipped a stealth one....and that wouldn't be so good.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I would guess this is just a misnomer, a bit unfortunate that we have this naming scheme of Stealth/Dark/Steel, would have been less confusing if it was just Black/Gray/Silver. But if they really meant they backed Dark, then I guess they are getting shipped a stealth one....and that wouldn't be so good.
I mean since "dark" are finished and packed - since he is a backer. I wouldn't officially mind it as long as it falls in the region that is currently shipped (ie US)
But would like to know that Stealth for CA/AU will be fully shipped for KS/B1 by Wednesday since he is considering it as a "small amount region".

I also hope it wasn't a criss/cross on type - considering it was a logic nightmare getting the incorrect item will hurt definitely.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Got my tracking number this morning.

Dark color, backer# 18x

Seeing this makes me incredibly nervous though. I hope Alex get back to you soon.
Can you just confirm you did mean that you got "Dark" color (i.e. the spacegray color) as opposed to dark as in black (i.e. "Stealth") color?

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019
I wasn't even considering that possibility. You're making me clench in places I shouldn't be clenching lol.

Reactions: For_Science

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I’ll get back in detail on smallfx-situation tomorrow, the thing there that surprised me badly was the silver nick (albeit very small), since we scrap stuff that has marks during production. Plastic/magnet parts need to be glued better in the future, but it’s a very easy fix with any super glue. We had to hard constraints on the factory with overflow for panels, it’s my fault, they should have been able to use more glue from the start (fixed after about half of Stealth was assembled). I’ve experienced the problem first hand and after gluing them with Loctite they sit really really hard and I extract the core a LOT.

But yes we’ve shipped out ALL dark to US today. We calculated this way we would be able to ship the most cases the fastest, since Dark was finished and all.

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
I’ll get back in detail on smallfx-situation tomorrow, the thing there that surprised me badly was the silver nick (albeit very small), since we scrap stuff that has marks during production. Plastic/magnet parts need to be glued better in the future, but it’s a very easy fix with any super glue. We had to hard constraints on the factory with overflow for panels, it’s my fault, they should have been able to use more glue from the start (fixed after about half of Stealth was assembled). I’ve experienced the problem first hand and after gluing them with Loctite they sit really really hard and I extract the core a LOT.

But yes we’ve shipped out ALL dark to US today. We calculated this way we would be able to ship the most cases the fastest, since Dark was finished and all.

If you're trying to imply I did it myself, you're wrong. I literally unboxed it on a bed and even took the photos on the bed. You can even see the foam inserts in the background in one of the photos. Since it's a tiny scratch, I don't understand why it surprises you it passed through. I mean, look at all the glue stains, you can see those clear as day also, but they passed also.

How the motherboard plate scratches got overlooked, I have no idea. You can see that from a mile away.

Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
If you're trying to imply I did it myself, you're wrong. I literally unboxed it on a bed and even took the photos on the bed. Since it's a tiny scratch, I don't understand why it surprises you it passed through. I mean, look at all the glue stains, you can see those clear as day also, but they passed also.

How the motherboard scratches got overlooked, I have no idea. You can see that from a mile away.

I would never imply that you did it. I also would like to deeply apologize for this experience, makes me sad you didn’t get a perfect case in every regard :(

Now let me go over all problems:

• Glue: plastic parts and magnets are the glued parts on this case. We need to improve our gluing and wiping (can be wiped of with acetone or rubbing alcohol) and some Stealth cases are affected by this. To fix this is pretty simple and some people we’ve talked to (including our experience) say that Loctite glued those parts truly permanently.

• Missing plastic parts: we can manufacture and send you spare ones.

• Scratches on the core: while this is definitely rare, it can happen. It would be too expensive to make all parts like the Shell and we have agreed with the factory that some completely internal parts of the core can have lower scrap rate in order to afford better surface treatment of all externally visible parts.

• Silver nick: I truly understand this can be an eye sore, especially when you know it’s there. I would recommend covering it with a marker or something since it’s so small (looks like a single dot with a permanent marker will hide it, it looks like ~1 mm?). Unfortunately we don’t have spare cases since all are made to spec of the customer, instead we scrap external parts with marks on them before assembly. I will have a talk with the factory about your situation and see what we come up with, I’ll post the reply here as well as email you.

I’m truly sorry for this, but I hope we can find a way to solve it still!

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
I would never imply that you did it. I also would like to deeply apologize for this experience, makes me sad you didn’t get a perfect case in every regard :(

Now let me go over all problems:

• Glue: plastic parts and magnets are the glued parts on this case. We need to improve our gluing and wiping (can be wiped of with acetone or rubbing alcohol) and some Stealth cases are affected by this. To fix this is pretty simple and some people we’ve talked to (including our experience) say that Loctite glued those parts truly permanently.

• Missing plastic parts: we can manufacture and send you spare ones.

• Scratches on the core: while this is definitely rare, it can happen. It would be too expensive to make all parts like the Shell and we have agreed with the factory that some completely internal parts of the core can have lower scrap rate in order to afford better surface treatment of all externally visible parts.

• Silver nick: I truly understand this can be an eye sore, especially when you know it’s there. I would recommend covering it with a marker or something since it’s so small (looks like a single dot with a permanent marker will hide it, it looks like ~1 mm?). Unfortunately we don’t have spare cases since all are made to spec of the customer, instead we scrap external parts with marks on them before assembly. I will have a talk with the factory about your situation and see what we come up with, I’ll post the reply here as well as email you.

I’m truly sorry for this, but I hope we can find a way to solve it still!

I could have sworn I read you would have extras on hand for issues like this, but maybe I'm mistaken. Still seems crazy to me that you expect to have a perfect run and have no cases on standby.

As far as drawing with a marker on a premium $350 case, not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the reply at least.