• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

ThomasThailand

Efficiency Noob
Apr 30, 2021
Im a "2019 Dark backer" from Thailand...does it mean i will receive after everyone (even june batch?) 🤔? im part of small regions...

I may be the only order from this country 😅 If you didnt get a good deal with UPS in Asia, that s ok send my case by local post, im just 1600km from factory ! (just kidding)

Anyway, compare to the work you accomplished, i can wait a bit, not a problem 👍

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Im a "2019 Dark backer" from Thailand...does it mean i will receive after everyone (even june batch?) 🤔? im part of small regions...

I may be the only order from this country 😅 If you didnt get a good deal with UPS in Asia, that s ok send my case by local post, im just 1600km from factory ! (just kidding)

Anyway, compare to the work you accomplished, i can wait a bit, not a problem 👍

Actually we already have good deals with other freight forwarders. I’m hoping to convince UPS to lower their pricing for smaller regions starting Monday, that way they get more 💰 and we can continue to book shipments through their WorldShip software like usual — win win. If they don’t agree we’ll simply use one of our other freight forwarders, it’s not a huge issue really.

Just to put things into perspective, yesterday we booked shipments for MORE than all steel cases or about 60% of dark. So I expect things for steps (1), (2) and (3) to be accomplished pretty quickly :)

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Assembled and packed! Great!

Stored? Not great!

Keep that shipping ball rolling!

With stored I just mean to indicate to everyone that they are no longer "handled" and are fully ready to be shipped ;)

Fur sure, continuing next pickups tomorrow!

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Many backers from "the rest of the world" actually already paid for air shipping (considerably more than e.g. U.S. or EU backers), so there shouldn't be a need to negotiate for good prices in the first place.
Also it is kind of ironic that those who paid most for shipping get their cases last.
@AlexTzone i think keepcoding’s question deserves an answer. I guess if there are any backers who paid extra for shipping probably will be refunded that portion and treated “normally” with an apology? Or do you actually have plans to implement a fast-track based on how much extra was paid?

sounds unlikely to me, as there will be chaos if you can cut the queue with money.

Reactions: keepcoding

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone i think keepcoding’s question deserves an answer. I guess if there are any backers who paid extra for shipping probably will be refunded that portion and treated “normally” with an apology? Or do you actually have plans to implement a fast-track based on how much extra was paid?

sounds unlikely to me, as there will be chaos if you can cut the queue with money.

Let me break this down:

1. No negotiations needed => Negotiations are still needed, an unnegotiated MJOLNIR is around $250 shipping CN->US if you book it yourself, which is ridiculous. You can use a 39 x 26 x 20 cm 4kg package for reference and check pricing on DHL/UPS/Fedex.

2. Will they be refunded and get an apology => We owe an apology to everyone for the long delay. As for the refunds, if we get their shipping cheaper than they paid then yes. It's important to note, we were able to get big regions to air shipping due to the large volume. For smaller regions cheaper/slower shipping wasn't an option available to us, and if effect, to them. Also, their shipping is lot more expensive than the large regions, again due to the low volume.

So in short, we had the fortune to upgrade large regions from boat to plane, while small regions could only be shipped by plane. Even simpler is to say that large regions were affected positively while small regions were unaffected. I don't feel we've treated anybody unfairly in this regard.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Let me break this down:

1. No negotiations needed => Negotiations are still needed, an unnegotiated MJOLNIR is around $250 shipping CN->US if you book it yourself, which is ridiculous. You can use a 39 x 26 x 20 cm 4kg package for reference and check pricing on DHL/UPS/Fedex.

2. Will they be refunded and get an apology => We owe an apology to everyone for the long delay. As for the refunds, if we get their shipping cheaper than they paid then yes. It's important to note, we were able to get big regions to air shipping due to the large volume. For smaller regions cheaper/slower shipping wasn't an option available to us, and if effect, to them. Also, their shipping is lot more expensive than the large regions, again due to the low volume.

So in short, we had the fortune to upgrade large regions from boat to plane, while small regions could only be shipped by plane. Even simpler is to say that large regions were affected positively while small regions were unaffected. I don't feel we've treated anybody unfairly in this regard.
I don’t know the details as you know, but so in summary:

Under any circumstance, there will not be a situation where the shipping within a country will be split into two tiers.

And therefore if a country consists of people who paid differently for shipping (has this actually happened? No idea), then a deal will be worked out with the courier based on the base cost? Or will the money that these people paid extra be used to fund the shipping of those who didn’t pay extra?

Obviously I don’t care as I’m in the EU, but I guess it’s good to set the record straight if anybody did pay for “better shipping”

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I don’t know the details as you know, but so in summary:

Under any circumstance, there will not be a situation where the shipping within a country will be split into two tiers.

And therefore if a country consists of people who paid differently for shipping (has this actually happened? No idea), then a deal will be worked out with the courier based on the base cost? Or will the money that these people paid extra be used to fund the shipping of those who didn’t pay extra?

Obviously I don’t care as I’m in the EU, but I guess it’s good to set the record straight if anybody did pay for “better shipping”

It's going to be pretty simple, let's take SmallCountryX for example.
- We get $100 shipping from BackerX
- We negotiate with the freight companies and get a shipping price of $60
- We email BackerX and set up a refund for $40

We'll not have different tiers in the same country, so it's either Express or Expedited for all backers, no mixing.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
It's going to be pretty simple, let's take SmallCountryX for example.
- We get $100 shipping from BackerX
- We negotiate with the freight companies and get a shipping price of $60
- We email BackerX and set up a refund for $40

We'll not have different tiers in the same country, so it's either Express or Expedited for all backers, no mixing.
But I guess you aren’t going to negotiate a price that is higher than the base price of what is already charged right? So in essence any extra money put towards “faster shipping” (if anybody did something like this) unless if the whole country did so, it is likely going to be returned.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
But I guess you aren’t going to negotiate a price that is higher than the base price of what is already charged right? So in essence any extra money put towards “faster shipping” (if anybody did something like this) unless if the whole country did so, it is likely going to be returned.

That's right - to both your questions. We've not actually charged anybody for "faster" shipping, despite this has been something we've talked about a couple of pages back as I remember.

Reactions: For_Science

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Let me break this down:

Thanks for clarifying this. I didn't want to step on your toes, but did feel a bit cheated when I heard that some backers get a free upgrade in shipping, so I was wondering whether some of the money of those who paid more (= smaller regions where only air shipping was an option from the beginning) goes towards upgrading the others. But that does not seem to be the case, all good.
I had no idea shipping is that expensive and you would actually have to negotiate anyways. Then I wonder: how did you calculate the shipping price when you opened the kickstarter campain?

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Good evening,

I still haven’t make a decision yet wether I should go for WC CPU or full air cooling.

ATM I have a Louqe ghost S1 MkII with a aircooled i7 8700 and a RTX 3070.

CPU temps are great but the GPU temps and noise are not very good, I had to undervolt to have decent thermals and few noise (furthermore, SSD and mobo temps aren’t decent enough imo).

So as I am more worried about GPU perfoming worse in that case, I think for the next build with the mjolnir I’d need to go aircooling, so instead of using bottom fans for the radiator (if I’d go WC), these fans would help a lot more to keep GPU and other components cooler.

Or am I wrong ? What do you guys think ? I plan to buy Ryzen 5 5600x (Nice thermals) and if I am lucky a RTX 3080 (FE or EVGA) or 3080ti (FE or EVGA).

Cheers.