• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
We're taking the "Ship as many as possible, as fast as possible" approach. So to make my previous answer more clear:

1. Stealth: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU
2. Dark: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU
3. Steel: US/Ca/Au/EU at the same time (may change)
4. Stealth/Dark/Steel -> To all remaining smaller regions at the same time (may change)

I'm starting to get addicted to generating shipping labels, really hope the pricing UPS gave us is correct 🥲
So... what has changed since Friday?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
So... what has changed since Friday?
As of now it appears as though all stealth and dark cases have shipped to all kickstarter backers and June pre-orders in the USA. Alex stated that, considering Dark cases are packed and stored, more cases could be shipped out faster by sending the dark cases to USA along with Stealth.

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019
I could have sworn I read you would have extras on hand for issues like this, but maybe I'm mistaken. Still seems crazy to me that you expect to have a perfect run and have no cases on standby.

As far as drawing with a marker on a premium $350 case, not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the reply at least.
My condolences, that would not be what I want to hear either. Strange not to have any extra inventories for RMA purposes.

• Love
Reactions: smallfx

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
UPS capacity is 500kg per day (about 80-100 cases depending on config), we’re trying to max it out. Thus far we were able to do so and tomorrow the queue frees up again (UPS will drop by and pick up 100), so we’ll continue shipping more.

In production, things changes all the time but under much longer time span. Now in shipping, the same thing happens but much faster. So if we find a better way (ship even more cases faster) we quickly change course. Consider this, Stealth to CA & AU was pushed forward 1 day but ALL Dark to US is done (US as a whole is almost off the list). Considering Stealth and Dark are finished, most likely we’ll ship both colors to CA & AU now rather than separate. For Europe maybe Steel is done, in which case we’ll ship all three colors at the same time. In the end, we just try to cover as much ground as possible, as quickly as possible (this starts sounding old now).

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
We’ve not shipped Steel yet, I think it’s going to be ready once we get to Europe. Soon Mr @L and @S will be standing outside my door, so it’s best for my survival that I have good news for them.
Guess your office address is fairly well known as its printed on the box and being in Sweden is not easy to keep your address secret either....always found that super scary in terms of stalkeryness.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Got my case yesterday, had quite a few QC issues, unfortunately.

Link to pictures

Had a small nick on the anodization on the front corner showing the silver below it. Stands out on an all black case, especially being right on the front of the case. This is the biggest issue for me on my unit, the rest I could overlook.

Also some bad scratch marks inside on the mb tray. PSU would cover the mark, but still disappointed this left the factory like this for such a premium product.

Two corner tabs that help the friction of the core slide in/out weren't glued on and just fell loose on my bed when I pulled the core out and when I was turning it around inspecting it. There is no glue residue on any of them or the place they should be, so looks like they might have forgot to put glue on them before placing them in the spot? Not sure.

The magnets that hold the top/side panels on to the body of the case were stuck together when I pulled two of the panels off. So in total I think it was around 3 magnets that were missing from their spots. These I could see the glue residue where they were, it just looks like it wasn't dried properly in time, or the glue wasn't strong enough to counter the weight needed to pull the magnets apart when removing the panels? Again, not sure, just guesses here to what happen.

I also have glue residue in a lot of spots, I removed some of them, but a few were very hard to remove and gave up. These were inside on the core, where the tabs are glued to the corners. This should have been properly cleaned after the glue overflow comes up from the pressure. No glue marks on the outside.

I've already e-mailed them, but I'm hoping I can swap my unit for another, as the mark on the front really bothers me. They said they will check with the factory about the marks, but I'm unsure what that means. I'm not sure if you handle the e-mails Alex, but please let me know if there's anything wen can do. 😥

Seems to be par the course for first batches. I expect a few more like this. I once got a case from Custom Mod that was crushed inward. Luckily, I was able to, with great effort, bend it back into shape. LOL

Sorry it happened to you though.

Duke_Krieg

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
Seems to be par the course for first batches. I expect a few more like this. I once got a case from Custom Mod that was crushed inward. Luckily, I was able to, with great effort, bend it back into shape. LOL

Sorry it happened to you though.
Holy cow lol. Do you have pictures of this? Would love to see.

Confirming I got a tracking number for my dark case today! Very excited. Have been lurking since pg 41, exciting to be here.

@AlexTzone, thank you for how active you have been in engaging with supporters and backers. We appreciate the communication and the opportunity to provide feedback and dialogue throughout the process.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
I could have sworn I read you would have extras on hand for issues like this, but maybe I'm mistaken. Still seems crazy to me that you expect to have a perfect run and have no cases on standby.

As far as drawing with a marker on a premium $350 case, not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the reply at least.
Absolutely agree, a marker and a "sorry" doesn't cut it for such an expensive product. Was expecting them to have at least a few spare units, it is simply impossible to get 100% perfect cases without 100% quality control by a third party (this must be factored in from the beginning when calculating the sales price). Alex must know this as well so it was a deliberate choice not to have any spare parts and basically hope that the customer accepts the flaws. Not great.

Last edited:
Reactions: YdderMkIV

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
I'm worried about the defect. Also, the quality observed in close proximity is a little lower than my expectation. Gray is the safest color in this case.

In the Kickstarter update photo, it has a smooth, matte surface. However, the quality of the photos uploaded by Smallfx looks completely different. Kickstarter sample looks better. Alex, I'm sorry, but can you upload a new close-up photo of the sample? We are worried that the Quality of the sample and the actual product will be different. I want a soft black color.

compare with samples

I know that the real thing and the picture can look different, but I think there is a big difference even considering that.

We have to investigate whether the factory is deceiving us. There are many types of anodizing depending on the quality, and the quality of bead blast also depends on the unit price. They may have secretly attempted to cut costs in mass production.

The surface quality of the actual product is suspicious.

In this case, the company may have to consider rejecting the acquisition under the contract. There seems to be a big difference in color.

Worst case batch 1 is not compensated and is likely to be modified in the next batch. I don't want to recall ghost s1 nightmare.

Last edited:

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Absolutely agree, a marker and a "sorry" doesn't cut it for such an expensive product. Was expecting them to have at least a few spare units, it is simply impossible to get 100% perfect cases without 100% quality control (this must be factored in from the beginning). Alex must know this as well so it was a deliberate choice not to have any spare parts and basically hope that the customer accepts the flaws. Not great.
It will be difficult to exchange immediately, but there is a way to get paid free of charge for the next batch. In this case, the factory has to pay for it. This method causes undue delays, but you may have the opportunity to exchange colors or change options.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'm worried about the defect. Also, the quality observed in close proximity is a little lower than my expectation. Gray is the safest color in this case.

In the Kickstarter update photo, it has a smooth, matte surface. However, the quality of the photos uploaded by Smallfx looks completely different. Kickstarter sample looks better. Alex, I'm sorry, but can you upload a new close-up photo of the sample? We are worried that the Quality of the sample and the actual product will be different. I want a soft black color.

compare with samples

I know that the real thing and the picture can look different, but I think there is a big difference even considering that.

We have to investigate whether the factory is deceiving us. There are many types of anodizing depending on the quality, and the quality of bead blast also depends on the unit price. They may have secretly attempted to cut costs in mass production.

The surface quality of the actual product is suspicious.

In this case, the company may have to consider rejecting the acquisition under the contract. There seems to be a big difference in color.

Worst case batch 1 is not compensated and is likely to be modified in the next batch. I don't want to recall ghost s1 nightmare.

The quality is exactly as good as the samples, it is very dependent on which camera you use. In reality the case doesn’t look “grainy” at all and the finish is very smooth. Take a look at our high-resolution photos here:
Phone cameras do way to much over sharpening etc. I’m 100% sure the surface finish is the best in the industry.