• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
I didn't order this case but I've been reading this "drama" for a while now. Too much criticisms for minor things. You all should be happy that Alex is even answering your questions this frequently. As long as the product is there, let the man figure out the shipping and the rest. Sheesh.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
You all should be happy that Alex is even answering your questions this frequently
While the world has been hit by the Covid pandemic, I still think that providing informations is the bare minimum. So no, people shouldn't be grateful for that.

It's good that people at Thorzone are doing it, but it's how things should always be.

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
While the world has been hit by the Covid pandemic, I still think that providing informations is the bare minimum. So no, people shouldn't be grateful for that.

It's good that people at Thorzone are doing it, but it's how things should always be.
Oh I'm good about people asking for info. And yes Thorzone has been very vocal, which is good.

But putting too much drama, to the point that even the tone of their message is being questioned, is just too much.

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Oh I'm good about people asking for info. And yes Thorzone has been very vocal, which is good.

But putting too much drama, to the point that even the tone of their message is being questioned, is just too much.
Yeah you’re right, too much drama for a case that should have been delivered on may 2020, then june, then august, then november, then before NYE, then before CNY, then in march, then in the end of april, then in the end of may, then...

We know that they’re doing their best, they are just not very good with ETA (because every steps are new for them). But in the end (that should be very soon) we’ll all be happy.

I just feel sad for folks that have all their components waiting for their home for months.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Yeah you’re right, too much drama for a case that should have been delivered on may 2020, then june, then august, then november, then before NYE, then before CNY, then in march, then in the end of april, then in the end of may, then...

We know that they’re doing their best, they are just not very good with ETA (because every steps are new for them). But in the end (that should be very soon) we’ll all be happy.

I just feel sad for folks that have all their components waiting for their home for months.

I’ve been involved in the crowd funding SFF case scene since the original NCASE M1. That was back when you bought the parts and hoped that maybe there would even be a Kickstarter. To me, waiting is just par the course.

However, I empathize with you. It’s frustrating to be patient like this. I also empathize with the designer. Getting into case design is nothing short of a nightmare. If you want to see what’s involved, go to the Hard OCP forum and check out the NCASE M1 post. It started there. The very first reply I believe says “this doesn’t even pass the smell test”.

I have no doubt it will all come together, and I put my money behind it.

edit: turns out it was the third post. The first post was a dismissive comment about SilverStone filing a lawsuit.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I’ve been involved in the crowd funding SFF case scene since the original NCASE M1. That was back when you bought the parts and hoped that maybe there would even be a Kickstarter. To me, waiting is just par the course.

However, I empathize with you. It’s frustrating to be patient like this. I also empathize with the designer. Getting into case design is nothing short of a nightmare. If you want to see what’s involved, go to the Hard OCP forum and check out the NCASE M1 post. It started there. The very first reply I believe says “this doesn’t even pass the smell test”.

I have no doubt it will all come together, and I put my money behind it.

edit: turns out it was the third post. The first post was a dismissive comment about SilverStone filing a lawsuit.

Wow that was an eye-opening read, hard to believe right now that the famous M1 was once met with such dismissive/harsh attitude.

I think the hardest part for us was actually doing something at all with the funds from Kickstarter and Batch 1. 2 years of work, expectations, fear of failing, etc — huge analysis paralysis. It’s pretty funny how it dawns on you once you realize the seriousness of the situation, I was considering cancelling the Kickstarter campaign after it surpassed 2M SEK because the commitment/responsibility scared me hard. Good thing there’s a very primate part of the brain that doesn’t give a damn about whining and muscles through.

Edit: and oh almost forgot the investors...a hilarious bunch that...like sharks, smell your uncertainty from a mile away. Went to meet them just to internally-laugh at how many billions they promise THOR ZONE will be worth if I sell them 99% of the company for $1. “Nonono this is impossible to do without us”, “You don’t have experience but we do, without it Chinese factories will scam you blablabla”. Needless to say there are 0 investors in THOR ZONE, nor will there be for a long time (if ever).

Last edited:

Hami1tonian

Cable Smoosher
Jan 3, 2021
Any builds coming up? I received mine this morning and I intend to hold a bit to see builds and thermals from forum members since I still haven't picked up any internal components.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
1. Stealth: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU
2. Dark: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU
3. Steel: US/Ca/Au/EU at the same time (may change)
4. Stealth/Dark/Steel -> To all remaining smaller regions at the same time (may change)
Note:
- Stealth US: all shipped (AFAIK) - for KS/B1
- 30 shipment for "asia" (don't know the countries involved) of stealth was also sent out.

There was 120 (60 each)KS/B1 that are going out tomorrow - not sure if it is all CA.

VictorNg

Trash Compacter
Oct 14, 2019
1. Stealth: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU
2. Dark: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU
3. Steel: US/Ca/Au/EU at the same time (may change)
4. Stealth/Dark/Steel -> To all remaining smaller regions at the same time (may change)

Note:
- Stealth US: all shipped (AFAIK) - for KS/B1
- 30 shipment for "asia" (don't know the countries involved) of stealth was also sent out.

Thanks guys,

4. Stealth/Dark/Steel -> To all remaining smaller regions at the same time (may change) - does it mean last to be shipped then? Estimate? End May? Mid June?

Doesnt take much effort to reply a simple question (that was posted 3 time) at this stage where they are already in the process of shipping out.

It helps cuz then we can look out for shipping notice (which may end up in junk folder) and manage our expectation.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Thanks guys,

4. Stealth/Dark/Steel -> To all remaining smaller regions at the same time (may change) - does it mean last to be shipped then? Estimate? End May? Mid June?

Doesnt take much effort to reply a simple question (that was posted 3 time) at this stage where they are already in the process of shipping out.

It helps cuz then we can look out for shipping notice (which may end up in junk folder) and manage our expectation.
We are all waiting - Alex cannot give you an accurate answer as this is what has been debated for in this thread. As per the person from Thailand inquired, yes it is probably last, and there is no ETA because come as per other months with each ETA it kept on moving. Just keep an eye out in the forum for latest update.

Latest update was 120 units sent from KS/B1 and currently as with the provided information it is CA stealth and we are already End May.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Wow that was an eye-opening read, hard to believe right now that the famous M1 was once met with such dismissive/harsh attitude.

I think the hardest part for us was actually doing something at all with the funds from Kickstarter and Batch 1. 2 years of work, expectations, fear of failing, etc — huge analysis paralysis. It’s pretty funny how it dawns on you once you realize the seriousness of the situation, I was considering cancelling the Kickstarter campaign after it surpassed 2M SEK because the commitment/responsibility scared me hard. Good thing there’s a very primate part of the brain that doesn’t give a damn about whining and muscles through.

Edit: and oh almost forgot the investors...a hilarious bunch that...like sharks, smell your uncertainty from a mile away. Went to meet them just to internally-laugh at how many billions they promise THOR ZONE will be worth if I sell them 99% of the company for $1. “Nonono this is impossible to do without us”, “You don’t have experience but we do, without it Chinese factories will scam you blablabla”. Needless to say there are 0 investors in THOR ZONE, nor will there be for a long time (if ever).
I must admit (and guess I'm not alone here) that I became aware of the SFF world through a DAN A4 post. As a side note, I've been modder/overclocker since me being 14yo or so (I'm 36 now) and my pc cases went from horizontal (Intel 80386) to clonic mid-tower (Pentium 3), Antec full-tower (Amd 32 and 64 bit) and a Lian Li pc71 server tower. Dremel was never a problem and I ended up with a 6HDD, triple radiator, cpu/gpu/chipset blocks, 10 cold cathodes, rohebus, 10 fan monster (barely) sitting below my desk.

After 10 years I came across a tiny bit piece of lianli aluminum both squaredly and roundly shaped and I simply had to had it. Then the SFF world fully appeared in front of me: M1, DAN, Some melish-thing, Node this and Node that, even Chimeras... and you, the Mjölnir was perfect for me. Nice aluminum shape, discrete RGB touching, 2x120mm fan and 3 very appealing colours. Luckily for me I could buy my hardware two years ago, before the new strike of cryptostupidity and I couldn't wait for your tower, so ended with an A4 (also very happy).

My interest, nevertheless, persists, and I'm very excited to begin seeing reviews, both Optimum and Linus videos, and some crazy dude that claims he can squeeze 2 x 120mm radiators inside it, just because.

Let me be crystal clear on this: YOU. GUYS. DID. IT. You did it. You took and idea, you mold it, shared it, shaped it, improved it and went all the (hard) way through the end. We're not facing "Yeah it seems cool but we're not brave enough". We're not facing "Humm, I don't know how to do it, better forget about it". We're not facing "The factory declined our design". We're not facing "The costs killed the kickstarter entirely". There are cases inside boxes inside planes, boats or even carts pulled by donkeys, I don't care. People are going to get their product, (your product that didn't exist before). Late, yes, later that anyone could hope. YOU DID IT.

For real, be proud of yourself, congratulate you and your team, complete that first production nightmare and keep going!!

Cheers man.

Last edited:

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Indeed, it takes guts to come up with an idea and go through every steps during the pandemic.

I’m so glad and proud that you’ve kept going and overcome difficult times. In the end, I could have waited a lot more (but not too much haha), you have made the world’s most beautiful case (team dark color !). And I can’t thank you enough for that.

NB : Please don’t forget to post your builds guys !

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Many days have passed since the first 92mm prototype video was uploaded. That day Alex said he spent all day observing the case. It's our turn, my friends. I hope it arrives soon.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
Got my case yesterday, had quite a few QC issues, unfortunately.

Link to pictures

Had a small nick on the anodization on the front corner showing the silver below it. Stands out on an all black case, especially being right on the front of the case. This is the biggest issue for me on my unit, the rest I could overlook.

Also some bad scratch marks inside on the mb tray. PSU would cover the mark, but still disappointed this left the factory like this for such a premium product.

Two corner tabs that help the friction of the core slide in/out weren't glued on and just fell loose on my bed when I pulled the core out and when I was turning it around inspecting it. There is no glue residue on any of them or the place they should be, so looks like they might have forgot to put glue on them before placing them in the spot? Not sure.

The magnets that hold the top/side panels on to the body of the case were stuck together when I pulled two of the panels off. So in total I think it was around 3 magnets that were missing from their spots. These I could see the glue residue where they were, it just looks like it wasn't dried properly in time, or the glue wasn't strong enough to counter the weight needed to pull the magnets apart when removing the panels? Again, not sure, just guesses here to what happen.

I also have glue residue in a lot of spots, I removed some of them, but a few were very hard to remove and gave up. These were inside on the core, where the tabs are glued to the corners. This should have been properly cleaned after the glue overflow comes up from the pressure. No glue marks on the outside.

I've already e-mailed them, but I'm hoping I can swap my unit for another, as the mark on the front really bothers me. They said they will check with the factory about the marks, but I'm unsure what that means. I'm not sure if you handle the e-mails Alex, but please let me know if there's anything wen can do. 😥

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Got my case yesterday, had quite a few QC issues, unfortunately.

Link to pictures

Had a small nick on the anodization on the front corner showing the silver below it. Stands out on an all black case, especially being right on the front of the case. This is the biggest issue for me on my unit, the rest I could overlook.

Also some bad scratch marks inside on the mb tray. PSU would cover the mark, but still disappointed this left the factory like this for such a premium product.

Two corner tabs that help the friction of the core slide in/out weren't glued on and just fell loose on my bed when I pulled the core out and when I was turning it around inspecting it. There is no glue residue on any of them or the place they should be, so looks like they might have forgot to put glue on them before placing them in the spot? Not sure.

The magnets that hold the top/side panels on to the body of the case were stuck together when I pulled two of the panels off. So in total I think it was around 3 magnets that were missing from their spots. These I could see the glue residue where they were, it just looks like it wasn't dried properly in time, or the glue wasn't strong enough to counter the weight needed to pull the magnets apart when removing the panels? Again, not sure, just guesses here to what happen.

I also have glue residue in a lot of spots, I removed some of them, but a few were very hard to remove and gave up. These were inside on the core, where the tabs are glued to the corners. This should have been properly cleaned after the glue overflow comes up from the pressure. No glue marks on the outside.

I've already e-mailed them, but I'm hoping I can swap my unit for another, as the mark on the front really bothers me. They said they will check with the factory about the marks, but I'm unsure what that means. I'm not sure if you handle the e-mails Alex, but please let me know if there's anything wen can do. 😥
Thanks for sharing your experience, I would also encourage others to post their experience both negative and positive to gauge if there are any systematic QC issues.