I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
boom! the epic post.
Still US only right?

Yes indeed, but it's the last of Stealth to US once those 300 are sent :)

Pretty crazy, I see that some people we booked on the 18:th already got their cases, don't think it's going to be that quick for everyone though.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
@AlexTzone

Glad your making some really good progress.

Based on progress so far and the fact your biggest market is shipped, do you think stealth will be finished shipping to all other markets next week?

Follow on question - Do you think dark will be finished packing and so based on the above question will shipping will start to week commencing 31st of May?

Are you planning same shipping order for Dark i.e. APAC (-AUS), US, Canada, AUS, EU, ROW?

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Saw on Kickstarter that you've started to send the Dark version. Does i mean that you've sent all the Stealth?

No we did not, we have only sent out Stealth thus far. I've checked his records (original/un-edited) and it says Stealth everywhere. Also checked if we've every gotten a color change request from him. I fear he may have clicked the wrong option when submitting the Kickstarter survey :/

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
@AlexTzone

Based on progress so far and the fact your biggest market is shipped, do you think stealth will be finished shipping to all other markets next week?

Follow on question - Do you think dark will be finished packing and so based on the above question will shipping will start to week commencing 31st of May?

Are you planning same shipping order for Dark i.e. APAC (-AUS), US, Canada, AUS, EU, ROW?
I believe they intend to ship ALL Stealth to ALL regions before committing to the other colors (despite being packed)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone

I believe they intend to ship ALL Stealth to ALL regions before committing to the other colors (despite being packed)

We're taking the "Ship as many as possible, as fast as possible" approach. So to make my previous answer more clear:

1. Stealth: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU
2. Dark: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU
3. Steel: US/Ca/Au/EU at the same time (may change)
4. Stealth/Dark/Steel -> To all remaining smaller regions at the same time (may change)

I'm starting to get addicted to generating shipping labels, really hope the pricing UPS gave us is correct 🥲

Last edited:
  • Haha

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
We're taking the "Ship as many as possible, as fast as possible" approach. So to make my previous answer more clear:

4. Stealth/Dark/Steel -> To all remaining smaller regions at the same time (may change)

I'm starting to get addicted to generating shipping labels, really hope the pricing UPS gave us is correct 🥲
Can confirm, Stealth on the way to my address in the US. Also, while trivial, the shipping label has my name on it twice (likely put in the company name as well), just in case you want to modify future labels.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

Oof, so even if you backed stealth in Kickstarter but from an obscure area, you will be later than most june pre-orders....If the factory can manage #3-4 with multiple colors or multiple regions, I would have thought

1. Stealth: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU -> rest of world
2. Dark: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU -> rest of world
3. Steel: US/Ca/Au/EU/rest of world at the same time

would have made more sense to clear the factory of each color....

OshanTama

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2021

We were told that stealth cases would be shipped out by the end of April,
But are you saying that the Asian region should wait without promise when to receive it?
Isn't it too late to make an April Fools joke?

alskk199

Case Bender
New User
May 21, 2021

Will people in small regions receive their case after the whole production is done? Even they pre-ordered a Stealth case?

alskk199

Case Bender
New User
May 21, 2021

Will people in small regions receive their case after the whole production is done? Even they pre-ordered a Stealth case?
I thought u will send the rest astelth case just after shipping to EU.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Oof, so even if you backed stealth in Kickstarter but from an obscure area, you will be later than most june pre-orders....If the factory can manage #3-4 with multiple colors or multiple regions, I would have thought

1. Stealth: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU -> rest of world
2. Dark: US -> Ca -> Au -> EU -> rest of world
3. Steel: US/Ca/Au/EU/rest of world at the same time

would have made more sense to clear the factory of each color....

"Rest of world" is not likely to be UPS since we haven't reached a good deal with them there (maybe they'll come around now that they see we're shipping serious volume). But if they can't we need to use our other freight forwarders, which is much more convenient to take once all UPS cases have been shipped out.

Doing all KS first and then B1 would put a delay of 1 week or more because of inconvenient planning etc. So now we are doing what is most convenient for us and the factory, since that way we can ship the cases faster and I'm happy with that. More convenient = Ship KS and B1 simultaneously acording to the plan above.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Doing all KS first and then B1 would put a delay of 1 week or more because of inconvenient planning etc. So now we are doing what is most convenient for us and the factory, since that way we can ship the cases faster and I'm happy with that.
I'm personally okay with your decisions, but I think this response is probably not going to fly very well with the Kickstarter community as they backed the project months ahead of the June pre-orders and so what would 1 week more be for them? (considering also that technically Kickstarter backers were promised to receive the case 6 months ahead of "non-backers"). This is going to be the very obvious response from many, so maybe you may want to rethink the message tone.

Hope you can work out something out with UPS for the rest of the world, these are some of your rare supporters and so are the limited representatives of your product in that country. So in some ways you might want to treat them with more care than the bulk of people from a country with lots of backers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'm personally okay with your decisions, but I think this response is probably not going to fly very well with the Kickstarter community as they backed the project months ahead of the June pre-orders and so what would 1 week more be for them? This is going to be the very obvious response from many, so maybe you may want to rethink the message tone.

Hope you can work out something out with UPS for the rest of the world, these are some of your rare supporters and so are the limited representatives of your product in that country. So in some ways you might want to treat them with more care than the bulk of people from a country with lots of backers.

Kickstarter and June pre-orders made this possible together, a project of this cost can't fly without them both. I of course understand the frustration of Kickstarter backers, but if we ship all their cases first they will maybe arrive 1-2 days faster compared to now, while Batch 1 people would have to wait 1 week+ (probably considerably longer then that even). I just don't want to create artificial delays when we don't have to. Also, the factory has been very kind in reserving a big part of their warehouse for MJOLNIR (for free), but I'm feeling we're starting to test their patience as well. So shipping as many cases as fast as possible is the priority now.

Edit: now that I read my previous message it definitely sounded a bit aggressive, very sorry for that. There's just been a lot of stuff in the past weeks. Nearly finished production, handling of international logistics, more criticized than usual despite this project being almost completed. Brain = confused. While I do understand why this is going on (cases ready for shipping -> people are starting to plan their builds -> receiving the cases becomes much more urgent) and even anticipated this, it's still quite a ride actually experiencing it first hand for the first time. So I must apologize for the occasional whining from my side!

Last edited:

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
"Rest of world" is not likely to be UPS since we haven't reached a good deal with them there (maybe they'll come around now that they see we're shipping serious volume). But if they can't we need to use our other freight forwarders, which is much more convenient to take once all UPS cases have been shipped out.

Doing all KS first and then B1 would put a delay of 1 week or more because of inconvenient planning etc. So now we are doing what is most convenient for us and the factory, since that way we can ship the cases faster and I'm happy with that. More convenient = Ship KS and B1 simultaneously acording to the plan above.

Many backers from "the rest of the world" actually already paid for air shipping (considerably more than e.g. U.S. or EU backers), so there shouldn't be a need to negotiate for good prices in the first place.
Also it is kind of ironic that those who paid most for shipping get their cases last.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Kickstarter and June pre-orders made this possible together, a project of this cost can't fly without them both. I of course understand the frustration of Kickstarter backers, but if we ship all their cases first they will maybe arrive 1-2 days faster compared to now, while Batch 1 people would have to wait 1 week+ (probably considerably longer then that even). I just don't want to create artificial delays when we don't have to. Also, the factory has been very kind in reserving a big part of their warehouse for MJOLNIR (for free), but I'm feeling we're starting to test their patience as well. So shipping as many cases as fast as possible is the priority now.
yes yes, this is all fine. But this needs to be communicated in an update, that the project goal for the Kickstarter campaign in hindsight was set too low, and so instead of asking the Kickstarter backers to cough up more money (which happens in some campaigns), or give up some more stretch goals, you decided to open the June pre-orders to make up for the lack of funds to complete the project. And to that end, June-preorders should be considered the same priority as Kickstarter backers. This message coupled with a slightly apologetic tone would be the first step in making the Kickstarter backers understand that they are not prioritized over June pre-orders and that there is a reason for this.

As a side note, I think you need to standardize your nomenclature, are you calling the pre-orders batches now? These terms should not be confused as whether there are 2 or 4 batches will be confusing for many. I think you should stick to batch # for the production run, and when referring to groups of people stick to spelling our the pre-order period.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021

Edit: now that I read my previous message it definitely sounded a bit aggressive, very sorry for that. There's just been a lot of stuff in the past weeks. Nearly finished production, handling of international logistics, more criticized than usual despite this project being almost completed. Brain = confused. While I do understand why this is going on (cases ready for shipping -> people are starting to plan their builds -> receiving the cases becomes much more urgent) and even anticipated this, it's still quite a ride actually experiencing it first hand for the first time. So I must apologize for the occasional whining from my side!
hey its ok for a bit of push-back... people get a bit on edge

at least you are not vaporware now with things moving =)

for this:

1. Stealth: US (DONE)-> Ca -> Au -> EU

is this in order or is this in parallel?
IE ...Monday...we are starting with the stealth to CAD then AUD for the week THEN Dark US is next once they are all packed etc.

Reactions: Duke_Krieg

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
hey its ok for a bit of push-back... people get a bit on edge

at least you are not vaporware now with things moving =)

for this:

1. Stealth: US (DONE)-> Ca -> Au -> EU

is this in order or is this in parallel?
IE ...Monday...we are starting with the stealth to CAD then AUD for the week THEN Dark US is next once they are all packed etc.
Not in parallel, by color first. No steel leaves until dark is done