• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Since batch 1 receive their cases before KS, it would be nice that KS backers also receive a PCIE 4.0 riser cable for free 😁 Just sayin‘😘

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Since batch 1 receive their cases before KS, it would be nice that KS backers also receive a PCIE 4.0 riser cable for free 😁 Just sayin‘😘

They do not receive them before, we ship KS and B1 at the same time and about 50 KS backers should be receiving emails today 🙂 Also, KS guys get free O2 + Shielf of Founders = about 2*€24 for free, probably even more since we don't plan to sell the Shield as standalone ever (defeats its purpose). Still, once a PCIe 4.0 riser become a bit more available and robust, we'll work out a good deal for everyone who wants (it will be the cheapest PCIe 4 riser upgrade on the planet). We even designed our own, but the cable supply is pretty weak right now, especially since we need really really high quality cables.

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Good to hear it (I remember now that you a already have talked about it, my bad).

Don’t you have some RTX 3080FE somewhere to test it ? I’m planning to buy the 3080ti FE (so be better than bots) when it comes out.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
They do not receive them before, we ship KS and B1 at the same time and about 50 KS backers should be receiving emails today 🙂 Also, KS guys get free O2 + Shielf of Founders = about 2*€24 for free, probably even more since we don't plan to sell the Shield as standalone ever (defeats its purpose). Still, once a PCIe 4.0 riser become a bit more available and robust, we'll work out a good deal for everyone who wants (it will be the cheapest PCIe 4 riser upgrade on the planet). We even designed our own, but the cable supply is pretty weak right now, especially since we need really really high quality cables.
Just don't let it become a NZXT-H1 riser 😅

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018

When do you expect to start shipping to EU backers?

Reactions: AlexTzone

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
@For_Science ^^
see KS and B1 are different. they are being process at the same time yes, but different group. So KS is KS and B1 is the June 2020

Reactions: AlexTzone

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@For_Science ^^
see KS and B1 are different. they are being process at the same time yes, but different group. So KS is KS and B1 is the June 2020
erm, I don't know what your confusion is, but Kickstarter and June Preorder are being produced as batch 1. Yes, Kickstarter includes different panels, but the Dark/Stealth/Steel units that June pre-orders and Kickstarter backers receive are the same.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Just don't let it become a NZXT-H1 riser 😅

No worries, the software complains instantly if anything is placed stupidly/too close 😁

When do you expect to start shipping to EU backers?

Chiming in to ask about shipping to Australia. 😄

US -> Canada -> Australia -> EU

Hard to say the day we'll get to them, but we're shipping as fast as we can now.

@For_Science ^^

Kickstarter and June pre-orders are the same cases, but when we pack them they are split into 2 groups:
- Without bonuses: June-pre orders
- With bonuses: Kickstarter orders

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
For QC => Stealth, Dark and Steel are just colors on an identical base, a base which we’ve already QC:d functionality-wise. Based on pictures and video calls we’ve had with the factory all 3 finishes are phenomenal if not perfect. The completed dark cases are functionally as solid as Stealth units based on our video calls. I don’t see much more we can learn by waiting for them to ship us a dark unit, other than delaying the shipping of them further.

Moreover, the factory knows the consequences of messing it up...namely, us withholding the 70% balance payment for Batch 1 and a potential cancellation of Batch 2 (withhold the balance and reverse the initial payment). Apart from them being and epic manufacturer, I think a big part of why they have been so careful with creating each finish and case is precisely because of those points — the consequences of failure are very bad but as long as they do a good job we will continue to bring them good business.

@For_Science I too miss the page 20-ish of us all designing the case. But once we've shipped Batch 1 and wait for Batch 2 to complete there’s going to be lots of time for that again. Especially with so many people having it in hand, I think we can make some epic stuff for MJOLNIR (and quickly stress test the ideas).

Last edited:

Ovni

Trash Compacter
Jan 3, 2020
@ Sazexa
Exactly, we poor Europeans ...
On the other hand. My granny (1894-1986) always said: "Everything good comes slowly"

Reactions: Sazexa

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I suspected that in the end shortcuts would be taken for QCing the other colors, all I can do at this point that hope that this type of complacency doesn’t mean that that units produced as late batch 1 don’t have more issues than the earlier ones.

Im going ahead and say that I am disappointed with this particular decision. This is a classic example of rushing to meet a looming deadline and cutting (in my opinion) essential steps.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Are there any plans down the line to have a US retailer sell the parts that are sold on the addons preorder page?

Hard to say ATM, we don’t have huge margins on our parts so retailers would be forced to hike the prices a LOT. MJOLNIR S $299 -> $400+. Not much room for saving costs either, I’d wager it’s the most expensive SFF case to manufacture period (if not the most expensive case in general).

Quite like the approach Rama Work is taking with their keyboards, also pre-orders but much quicker fullfillment (we will get a lot faster too).

Small update — Dark 90% finished (about 280 cases) and Steel has started assembly (panels, core, etc).

Last edited:

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
Quite like the approach Rama Work is taking with their keyboards, also pre-orders but much quicker fullfillment (we will get a lot faster too).
Rama Works are a good comparison for how hard the pandemic hit small manufacturers. My M65-B took 18 months to arrive, whereas Kara started shipping in ~6 months.