AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

THORZONE <contact@thor-zone.com> via shopifyemail.com

Okay awesome, thanks for letting me know! :)

Do you have an ETA for delivery on the tracking number by any chance?

We send them out basically as soon as they are generated. For Batch 1 it's really easy since we just throw in the tracking number and Shopify notifies the customer. For Kickstarter this is super inconvenient and we send them by manual email, kind of strange that KS hasn't updated their fulfillment platform to do something as basic as notify the backers with tracking information.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

tortoiseglasses

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 18, 2021

We send them out basically as soon as they are generated. For Batch 1 it's really easy since we just throw in the tracking number and Shopify notifies the customer. For Kickstarter this is super inconvenient and we send them by manual email, kind of strange that KS hasn't updated their fulfillment platform to do something as basic as notify the backers with tracking information.
Oh sorry, I meant ETA of delivery of the package itself to the US once UPS picks it up :) But that's good to know too!

tortoiseglasses

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 18, 2021

Oh sorry, I meant ETA of delivery of the package itself to the US once UPS picks it up :) But that's good to know too!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Ahh it's about 5-7 days :) I.e. people who got their cases picked up today will get them around Monday. It's pretty funny to see the cases sit in China for literally 4-6 days, then cross the ocean, pass through the whole US and get delivered before the end of the day in 1 day 🤣 I guess because we use Expedited it gets booked for flight in the airport and then justs waits for it, while express takes the next earliest available flight.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
there isnt a way to include email as part of the CSV information? this way they receive UPS email notification?

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
there isnt a way to include email as part of the CSV information? this way they receive UPS email notification?

Yes but I think the UPS email is quite confusing, no clear “THOR ZONE” or “MJOLNIR”, so I’m worried some people may miss it. We’re doing them manually for now, maybe integrate into Mailchimp later.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone How did the test shipment go last night? Assuming all is well and we're moving on to the rest of the Stealth cases?

It all went well, they’ve been picked up so we’re moving on to the next ones :)

It said 5/24 this morning, which seemed really fast coming from overseas, but checking again, it's now showing "Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date."

I remember this behavior from our first test shipments, those still arrived on their original time. So I think it’s likely in this case as well :)

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Anyone know the max size 30X0 series can fit inside MJOLNIR ?
I know it was announced somewhere - basically was wondering if any of the 3 fans unit could fit or am I chasing a dream to get those twin fan instead

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Depends on how fast we ship the big regions for Stealth. As it looks now Dark is expected to be finished (assembled, packed and stored) by the end of this week. So next week it’s is our first opportunity to start. We’ll do our best to ship as many stealth this week as possible.
This is awesome!! Man I hope dark ships next week!!! That would be sooo cool!!

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020

Doesn’t batch 1 = Kickstarter?

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Negative.
there was a preorder in 2020 in June - that is Batch 1.
KS is KS. Batch 2 is the one that was in November, and Round 3 (batch 3) is now.
Round 3 is still batch 2. Batches refer to the production run, so:

Kickstarter = Batch 1 (+free O2 panel and Shield of founders)
June 2020 Pre-orders = Batch 1 (no freebies)
November 2020 Pre-orders = Batch 2
May 2021 Pre-orders = Batch 2

and for the sake of semantics, according to Alex, pre-orders are not “retail” and so are still available at Kickstarter prices ($300 USD) and there may or may not be a price hike to $330 USD at some point. Although whether it will ever hit retail is questionable, because nothing stops them from just keeping doing “pre-orders” instead.