Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Hold your horses, the reason we didn’t do it in Sweden was because it would cost 5x for the same tolerances of the unibody shell.

We could make a Swedish produced MJOLNIR where the height / width of the case differ by 1.5mm (horrible tolerances), rather than 0.125-0.25.

How do you know the Raw S1 uses 1.5mm tolerances? Did Louqe publish this information?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
How do you know the Raw S1 uses 1.5mm tolerances? Did Louqe publish this information?

I’m don’t know what tolerances they really have, just saying that if we made MJOLNIR in Sweden -> it would be a lot worse in terms of tolerances than in China. Since extrusion molds are expensive (particularly of that size), we looked around in our local markets with hopes of making something good here. The tolerance that were offered to us really put me off though. So maybe Louqe found a unicorn, or maybe not.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone
Let me try again, maybe I get an answer this time: In case you upgrade every backer to air shipping (for free), will those people who actually paid for air freight get a refund?

We'll refund everyone who has paid more for shipping than we've paid the freight couriers. Places like the US (where we have most orders) are easier to negotiate from boat to plane than places we're we have 10 cases (like Belgium or something).

Is it sent directly from a Chinese factory to a Chinese customer?

Yes it is, if you live in Shenzhen you can pick it up yourself haha (and we'll refund you the shipping cost) 🤣

Hi alex.
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before.
Does this case include the 4th generation riser card?

Gen4 riser market is still quite young, where there's issues with stability over Gen4 / they feel very prototype-ish overall. I've heard (not confirmed myself) that even the Samtek (the one Louqe uses) has issues hitting Gen4 over x16, but please don't quote me on that haha. However, a good gen4 riser should be released within this year. When it's released, we'll make sure to figure something out for everyone with a MJOLNIR. At the very least, you'll be able to get it from us for 1/2 the cost of anywhere else (hopefully much lower than even that).

Reactions: wolfatpno and Acen

Supercluster

Average Stuffer
Feb 24, 2016
That's amazing! Functionality and design aside, the Raw S1 seems to be much better value compared to the Mjolnir given that it is manufactured in Sweden and offered at the same price.
And you base your conclusion on which aspects? Swedish people are better people, therefore made in Sweden is better value?

If you actually knew anything about manufacturing processes, you would understand that the Mjolnir is almost an order of magnitude more difficult to manufacture, especially with the tighter tolerances.
I’m don’t know what tolerances they really have, just saying that if we made MJOLNIR in Sweden -> it would be a lot worse in terms of tolerances than in China. Since extrusion molds are expensive (particularly of that size), we looked around in our local markets with hopes of making something good here. The tolerance that were offered to us really put me off though. So maybe Louqe found a unicorn, or maybe not.
So, either they are riding a unicorn, or their design tolerances can be satisfied with a mule.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
And you base your conclusion on which aspects? Swedish people are better people, therefore made in Sweden is better value?

If you actually knew anything about manufacturing processes, you would understand that the Mjolnir is almost an order of magnitude more difficult to manufacture, especially with the tighter tolerances.

I am always amazed about how little people care about how China treats its people and the environment. All the "rich customer" seems to care about is the quality of the final product and the price, everything else is negligible.
Better value because more money goes to the workers (fair pay) and more strict rules apply for factories in Europe regarding pollution.

Last edited:

YdderMkIV

Chassis Packer
Mar 10, 2020
We'll refund everyone who has paid more for shipping than we've paid the freight couriers. Places like the US (where we have most orders) are easier to negotiate from boat to plane than places we're we have 10 cases (like Belgium or something).

Yes it is, if you live in Shenzhen you can pick it up yourself haha (and we'll refund you the shipping cost) 🤣

Gen4 riser market is still quite young, where there's issues with stability over Gen4 / they feel very prototype-ish overall. I've heard (not confirmed myself) that even the Samtek (the one Louqe uses) has issues hitting Gen4 over x16, but please don't quote me on that haha. However, a good gen4 riser should be released within this year. When it's released, we'll make sure to figure something out for everyone with a MJOLNIR. At the very least, you'll be able to get it from us for 1/2 the cost of anywhere else (hopefully much lower than even that).
whats the status of the QC units? According to the last timeline you should have them in hand, any updates?

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
Looking at the quality of their latest white case they are probably happy to take manufacturing back to Sweden and accept the higher tolerances.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
whats the status of the QC units? According to the last timeline you should have them in hand, any updates?

Stealth + 2x panel sets with Kickstarter bonuses are going to be finished this week (which also means ALL stealth cases are finished). These are the most intricate packaging versions of MJOLNIR, hence great for QC. Going to check status on Wednesday and ship them to us the next day.

Are all cases still shipping at the same time? Or is dark and steel going to get shipped later in May/June?

We're waiting for a reply from our freight forwarders. All Stealth units will be ready on April 10:th, so we rather ship them first if it's economically possible. Dark/Steel is finished late April/early May (includes assembly and packaging, we'll try to get them finished by late April).

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Stealth + 2x panel sets with Kickstarter bonuses are going to be finished this week (which also means ALL stealth cases are finished). These are the most intricate packaging versions of MJOLNIR, hence great for QC. Going to check status on Wednesday and ship them to us the next day.

We're waiting for a reply from our freight forwarders. All Stealth units will be ready on April 10:th, so we rather ship them first if it's economically possible. Dark/Steel is finished late April/early May (includes assembly and packaging, we'll try to get them finished by late April).
If you do split the shipments up, will dark/steel still be shipped by air like Stealth? It would be very uncool if dark/steel ended up being shipped by boat while Stealth is shipped via air due to numbers/cost

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
If you do split the shipments up, will dark/steel still be shipped by air like Stealth? It would be very uncool if dark/steel ended up being shipped by boat while Stealth is shipped via air due to numbers/cost

If we ship them separately (Stealth first, Dark/Steel second), shipping by boat alternative is eliminated altogether since the separated quantity becomes way too small. So we're hoping to get a good deal that let's use ship both by air, one around April 10-20:th and another one late April/early May.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Our Stealth QC units are finished, we asked the factory to send them to us tomorrow (express). Should be here on Monday or Tuesday.
So....perhaps dumb questions but:

1. Are they being shipped all at the same time?

2. How does the factory not know that these are QC units and may/maynot have cherry picked samples that they put extra care into. What measures are in place for blinding the factory in this aspect (e.g. sent to different addresses, not addressed to you in Sweden, etc)

3. Is the shipping you use here going to be representative of the shipping the actual units receive. i.e. the shipping damage or lackthereof will it be representative of the non-QC units.

4. Up until now, have the local QC team flagged anything at all? or have they green lighted everything (is there anything to indicate that they actually were inspecting)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
So....perhaps dumb questions but:

1. Are they being shipped all at the same time?

2. How does the factory not know that these are QC units and may/maynot have cherry picked samples that they put extra care into. What measures are in place for blinding the factory in this aspect (e.g. sent to different addresses, not addressed to you in Sweden, etc)

3. Is the shipping you use here going to be representative of the shipping the actual units receive. i.e. the shipping damage or lackthereof will it be representative of the non-QC units.

4. Up until now, have the local QC team flagged anything at all? or have they green lighted everything (is there anything to indicate that they actually were inspecting)

1. Yes - Tomorrow

2. The factory knows it's review unit, however - it's a unique one (also, they we're not aware that it would go to us from the beginning, so it's hard to pay extra attention to it now after the fact).

3. Yes it will be very similar shipping, i.e. express.

4. Yes they have flagged lots of stuff when creating the pre-production units, everything from extrusion marks to magnets, etc. Even now they have flagged the magnets drop of easily during assembly = this means they want to charge us more in the next assembly cycle (batch 2) because more time is required to handle the magnets then expected (which is fair in my opinion).

However, good things is we fixed pretty much all issues we found thus far. I don't want to celebrate early, but this factory sure is careful and precise, which is a huge contrast to some other factories we've worked with before. They are also a LOT more expensive, but that's fair.

Last edited:

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
1. Yes - Tomorrow

2. The factory knows it's review unit, however - it's a unique one (also, they we're not aware that it would go to us from the beginning, so it's hard to pay extra attention to it now after the fact).

3. Yes it will be very similar shipping, i.e. express.

4. Yes they have flagged lots of stuff when creating the pre-production units, everything from extrusion marks to magnets, etc. Even now they have flagged the magnets drop of easily during assembly = this means they want to charge us more in the next assembly cycle (batch 2) because more time is required to handle the magnets then expected (which is fair in my opinion).

However, good things is we fixed pretty much all issues we found thus far. I don't want to celebrate early, but this factory sure is careful and precise, which is a huge contrast to some other factories we've worked with before. They are also a LOT more expensive, but that's fair.

I wonder how much overprovisioning you factored in. I would assume that a certain percentage of cases will be delivered to the users with imperfections. How many of those faulty cases can you exchange immediately without having to wait for the next batch to be completed?

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
It's not fair for some people to compare it to the Raw case.
It has a wonderful concept, but there are some problems with the released sample video.
The main sample does not have smooth sliding.

This means that the tolerance is not perfect.
I want them to supplement batch 1 more and put the sale on hold.

Batch 1 of my ghost s1 was a terrible quality.

Fortunately, they had a sense of responsibility and guaranteed the product to the end, so the problem was solved.

They released the drawings for the convenience of customers, but they are being damaged by illegal copying.

It is also possible to purchase cnc machines for production in Sweden.

So they may have purchased machines or decided to produce them in Sweden.

I think the current production method is optimized because Thorzone employees have separate jobs.

I have no complaints.

Those who have watched this project from the beginning know that Thorzon works with high responsibility.

Responsibility is more important in crowdfunding than the quality or price of the product.

If you want a high qulity premium, it's natural to take a long time.

'keycult's products have incredible quality, but you have to pay 2,000 dollars to get your hands on them. Even though it's just a keyboard.
(They also have a high sense of responsibility. They are not greedy companies. It is difficult to increase production to maintain high quality. Two thousand dollars was set in the mech market.)

It's hard to believe that Mölnir is 300 dollars. It's high quality compared to the price.

Perhaps the price is possible because there are mass production and long-term contracts.

Of course, I agree that it is a matter to be judged after receiving the real thing.

I hope the case arrives soon.

Please don't argue about meaningless price competition.

Unless louqe can produce "mölnir" of the same quality more cheaply, there is no point in comparing it.

The case they produce is not Mölnir.

I hope both cases are respected regardless of the price.

I think they have similar but different charms.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

Ovni

Trash Compacter
Jan 3, 2020
Those who have watched this project from the beginning know that Thorzon works with high responsibility.

If you want a high qulity premium, it's natural to take a long time.
And also, it's the first batch.
So no hard feelings over here, we knew it could take a while.

BTW.
When will the e-mails for control/update of the shipping address be send?