• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
@AlexTzone I just read the update posted today on kickstarter. Thank you! You explained everything perfectly and cleared up all concerns I have at the moment! I'm so thankful for the quick response! Anyone who hasn't seen the update yet, I suggest heading over to the kickstarter page to read it, it addresses many of the current community concerns. Clear and honest communication like what is in that update is all we can ask for as backers from Alex and his team, it surely seems they are doing their best to finish our cases! Thanks again!!! BTW I love the text embellishments on the packaging boxes! Very cool and shows how much thought was put into every detail of the project!

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Hi, Alex

I saw this update and brought some questions.

I remember using glues for proto-type LED strips and tempered glass panels.

And I also know that the PCB was made to remove the glue from it and fix it.

You said Glue doesn't fit in this nice case. I totally agree with that.

Couldn't you develop a bolt fixing bracket for nylon and magnets?

Of course, I agree that the way I say it may not be realistic because it is very thin and small.

Then what I'm worried about is one thing.

What are some alternatives when nylon and magnets need to be corrected for any mistakes, accidents, or factory misproduction?

This is a low probability but can occur, and it is very inefficient to receive RMA services as a way to fix this.

I expected a special bracket because drilling a bolt hole is very unstable.

However, the glues were not removed from the final production.

If a part with glue is damaged, how will it be replaced?

In the case of magnets, it may be highly reliable, but nylon will wear out someday.

I intend to use this wonderful case for at least five years, and as long as you don't announce a great new project, I can use it for more than ten years.

I actually used only one case for seven years before I bought a sandwich case.

I know that the negative possibility is very low.

I think there's nothing bad about just knowing what the solution is.

Duke_Krieg

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
Update day 🎉

Love the packaging. Can't wait to confirm my address. Was there a confirmation yet whether it's sea or air shipping?

I move frequently for work and have a move coming up, wonder if it's possible to pay for air shipping for my order.

Alex keep up the good work man. Great job responding to the concerns raised by us.

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Okey @AlexTzone
@Chayuttt - please double check with your address and talk to Alex, just want things to go smooth.

I just read one of your posts.

Addresses and shipping​

We are still talking with different shipping companies & hunting for the best alternatives to get the cases out to you ASAP. As soon as a good deal is on the table we'll reach out to all backers (including June pre-orders) via email and ask you to update/confirm the shipping address, after which it will no longer be possible to update your address (because we'll print the shipping labels).

Prior to sending out the email we'll go through EVERY unread DM we've gotten here on Kickstarter, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and forums and update the addresses stated there.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone what is the status of receiving the 10 QC units in Sweden? You mentioned you were going to ship them to yourself not at the same time but before the assembly of the other units are complete so that by the time they are done, you will have completed the inspection. I know the vast majority of batch 1 people are near-sighted and want nothing but a package on the door-step immediately, but I think it is equally important that the insides arrive high-quality.

As @N9neBreak3r asked previously, can you confirm that you have successfully obtained CE certification from an authorized laboratory? The CE logo can be seen boldly on the packaging and case components, so I can only assume. Of course it is fraudulent to use the CE logo without obtaining it, so I am sure you got it, but it would be nice to hear from you directly with regards to this matter.

As @keepcoding asked previously, can you also comment on exactly what THOR ZONE is committing to refund if additional taxation and handling fees arise by the courier upon importation of MJOLNIR. Re-reading some of the previous comments, it now sounds like you are tip-toeing around refunding only the "tax' portion of the costs. This needs to be EXTRA explicit from you, preferably without fluff or nuance (e.g. without phrases such as "try to", "do our best", etc), as it would really be upsetting to many if they had interpreted your previous statements as in essence they are not to expect to pay anything on top of what they already paid for, and then get hit with more surcharges which you are not willing to refund.

Last edited:

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
@AlexTzone I know you all are busy handling logistics and such.. but I haven't seen an update since before CNY..

Did round 1 ship? Is round 2 now in production? It's my understanding that Round 2 is dependent on a Round 3 pre-order. Is this correct?

I'm just trying to get a feel on my Round 2 case's ETA.. don't worry, I won't hold you to a date.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone I know you all are busy handling logistics and such.. but I haven't seen an update since before CNY..

Did round 1 ship? Is round 2 now in production? It's my understanding that Round 2 is dependent on a Round 3 pre-order. Is this correct?

I'm just trying to get a feel on my Round 2 case's ETA.. don't worry, I won't hold you to a date.
Batch 1 (Kickstarter + June Pre-order) has not shipped yet. Batch 2 (November pre-order) is therefore not in production yet either, no clear information with regards to whether it will go ahead whether or not minimum order quantity is reached or not.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi, Alex

I saw this update and brought some questions.

I remember using glues for proto-type LED strips and tempered glass panels.

And I also know that the PCB was made to remove the glue from it and fix it.

You said Glue doesn't fit in this nice case. I totally agree with that.

Couldn't you develop a bolt fixing bracket for nylon and magnets?

Of course, I agree that the way I say it may not be realistic because it is very thin and small.

Then what I'm worried about is one thing.

What are some alternatives when nylon and magnets need to be corrected for any mistakes, accidents, or factory misproduction?

This is a low probability but can occur, and it is very inefficient to receive RMA services as a way to fix this.

I expected a special bracket because drilling a bolt hole is very unstable.

However, the glues were not removed from the final production.

If a part with glue is damaged, how will it be replaced?

In the case of magnets, it may be highly reliable, but nylon will wear out someday.

I intend to use this wonderful case for at least five years, and as long as you don't announce a great new project, I can use it for more than ten years.

I actually used only one case for seven years before I bought a sandwich case.

I know that the negative possibility is very low.

I think there's nothing bad about just knowing what the solution is.

Heey buddy! 😄

We apply the glue with a thin needle, so it’s very precise. Also, it makes it so the fixed parts don’t rattle (small things with tolerances are prone to rattle). All in all, I think this solution is very nice, but glue should definitely be avoided for larger parts! We’ve looked into non-glue fixing methods for small parts as well...but after a while we realized...man, this is exactly where one should use glue 😂

I think the nylon parts will hold for a looong long time, since there’s isn’t much friction on them at all. The only time they get used is when extracting/inserting the Core, and even then I don’t see how they get any significant stress. MJOLNIR is built like a tank and 5-10 year is going to be easy 👊

Okey @AlexTzone
@Chayuttt - please double check with your address and talk to Alex, just want things to go smooth.

I just read one of your posts.

Addresses and shipping​

We are still talking with different shipping companies & hunting for the best alternatives to get the cases out to you ASAP. As soon as a good deal is on the table we'll reach out to all backers (including June pre-orders) via email and ask you to update/confirm the shipping address, after which it will no longer be possible to update your address (because we'll print the shipping labels).

Prior to sending out the email we'll go through EVERY unread DM we've gotten here on Kickstarter, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and forums and update the addresses stated there.

Guys don’t worry, I’ll get to your DMs soon and haven’t forgotten! We’ll definitely check we

@AlexTzone what is the status of receiving the 10 QC units in Sweden? You mentioned you were going to ship them to yourself not at the same time but before the assembly of the other units are complete so that by the time they are done, you will have completed the inspection. I know the vast majority of batch 1 people are near-sighted and want nothing but a package on the door-step immediately, but I think it is equally important that the insides arrive high-quality.

As @N9neBreak3r asked previously, can you confirm that you have successfully obtained CE certification from an authorized laboratory? The CE logo can be seen boldly on the packaging and case components, so I can only assume. Of course it is fraudulent to use the CE logo without obtaining it, so I am sure you got it, but it would be nice to hear from you directly with regards to this matter.

As @keepcoding asked previously, can you also comment on exactly what THOR ZONE is committing to refund if additional taxation and handling fees arise by the courier upon importation of MJOLNIR. Re-reading some of the previous comments, it now sounds like you are tip-toeing around refunding only the "tax' portion of the costs. This needs to be EXTRA explicit from you, preferably without fluff or nuance (e.g. without phrases such as "try to", "do our best", etc), as it would really be upsetting to many if they had interpreted your previous statements as in essence they are not to expect to pay anything on top of what they already paid for, and then get hit with more surcharges which you are not willing to refund.

QC units - Stealth is just about to be complete, so I’ll grab the first ones in the coming 1-2 weeks. Still planning to go ahead with that step like originally discussed.

Certification - Yup, it’s done. ROHS, LVD, EMC and General Safety (all part of CE). Took a while to obtain everything, but in the end we’re not making fusion reactors, so certification in itself was never in the risk of failing.

Shipping refunds - When somebody orders MJOLNIR, they pay a shipping fee + import tax/VAT we calculate at the time. We send using DDP (delivered duty paid), so we’ll get the import tax/VAT amounts from our freight forwarders once we are ready to send. If the amounts we have charged you are higher than the actual amounts, we’ll refund everyone affected the difference automatically. If the amounts we have charged you are lower than the actual amounts, we’ll refund you the WHOLE original import tax/VAT amount and send to you via DDU (delivered duty unpaid). Then you’ll have to pay your customs to release the case if it gets stuck.

In the vast majority of cases, the actual import tax/VAT will be what we have calculated or slightly lower, so we’ll probably do a bunch of $5-$10 refunds once they ship (or something like $10-$20 on THOR ZONE stuff if you prefer that, every backer can decide for themselves).

Let’s return to this question once the cases ship, since all guesswork will be eliminated and we’ll have the exact numbers👌

I’ve got exciting videos for you guys in tomorrow’s update 😁

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Heey buddy! 😄

We apply the glue with a thin needle, so it’s very precise. Also, it makes it so the fixed parts don’t rattle (small things with tolerances are prone to rattle). All in all, I think this solution is very nice, but glue should definitely be avoided for larger parts! We’ve looked into non-glue fixing methods for small parts as well...but after a while we realized...man, this is exactly where one should use glue 😂

I think the nylon parts will hold for a looong long time, since there’s isn’t much friction on them at all. The only time they get used is when extracting/inserting the Core, and even then I don’t see how they get any significant stress. MJOLNIR is built like a tank and 5-10 year is going to be easy 👊

Guys don’t worry, I’ll get to your DMs soon and haven’t forgotten! We’ll definitely check we

QC units - Stealth is just about to be complete, so I’ll grab the first ones in the coming 1-2 weeks. Still planning to go ahead with that step like originally discussed.

Certification - Yup, it’s done. ROHS, LVD, EMC and General Safety (all part of CE). Took a while to obtain everything, but in the end we’re not making fusion reactors, so certification in itself was never in the risk of failing.

Shipping refunds - When somebody orders MJOLNIR, they pay a shipping fee + import tax/VAT we calculate at the time. We send using DDP (delivered duty paid), so we’ll get the import tax/VAT amounts from our freight forwarders once we are ready to send. If the amounts we have charged you are higher than the actual amounts, we’ll refund everyone affected the difference automatically. If the amounts we have charged you are lower than the actual amounts, we’ll refund you the WHOLE original import tax/VAT amount and send to you via DDU (delivered duty unpaid). Then you’ll have to pay your customs to release the case if it gets stuck.

In the vast majority of cases, the actual import tax/VAT will be what we have calculated or slightly lower, so we’ll probably do a bunch of $5-$10 refunds once they ship (or something like $10-$20 on THOR ZONE stuff if you prefer that, every backer can decide for themselves).

Let’s return to this question once the cases ship, since all guesswork will be eliminated and we’ll have the exact numbers👌

I’ve got exciting videos for you guys in tomorrow’s update 😁
This is very clear and so I congratulate you once again for the progress you are making in this!

Phaerim

Chassis Packer
Mar 26, 2021
Do you have an idea how a 3080 FE will behave on the case ? The sandwich layout is not supposed to be the best layout for this cooler, but i am still wondering if the temps are reasonable or not. Can you please share your feedback on that ?

Ovni

Trash Compacter
Jan 3, 2020
Alex,

Alex, are you affraid that people will see the case as carbage?

• Haha