• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone - sent you a message via Kickstarter.

Done! :D

According to mjolnir website

EVGARTX 3080 10GB XC3High-end
AMDRX 6800 XTHigh-end
NVIDIARTX 3070Midrange

I think they didn't mentione the 3080 FE because while it will fit, it will most likely struggle thermally due to its pass-through design

I wonder how this would work:
  • RTX 3080 founders
  • Inverted PSU (pull air from the GPU back fan)
  • AIO cooler (fan config: PULL/intake)
  • Booster Cell (fan config: PUSH/exhaust)
This should make the PSU pull air from the GPU and exhaust it down, at the same time the AIO will exhaust heat up. The Booster Cell should be able to exhaust this heat through the front 🤔 The cases arrive these week, whish I had an RTX 3080 FE to test this idea.

Reactions: Storm and Acen

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
I wonder how this would work:
  • RTX 3080 founders
  • Inverted PSU (pull air from the GPU back fan)
  • AIO cooler (fan config: PULL/intake)
  • Booster Cell (fan config: PUSH/exhaust)

That's the setup I'm planning, won't get my booster until March though to try.

Ovni

Trash Compacter
Jan 3, 2020
In their website they're recommending 3 coolers under the 51mm max supported height

AlpenföhnBlack Ridge47mm
CryorigC7 Cu47mm
NoctuaNH-L9i37mm

I found that the black ridge was too wide to fit in most motherboard, while the other two being too weak
I use the Black Ridge with ulp memory and a Noctua 15mm x 120mm. As soon as I receive the Mjolnir I will inform you all here what the thermals do with the different panels.
I do suspect some other outcome with the 120mm fan in combo with the ulp memory due to blocking the air flow in one direction in comparison to the DanA4. I saw a solution for optimal cooling with extra panels on Pugetsystems. The now always advised intake (Ali on DanA4) towards the mobo instead of outtake for the Blackridge is probably not the best solution when a 120 is used in the Mjolnir.
With some panels it might even smart to go for an intake and an outtake on the bottom.

So let's say, firts update on this particular topic a week after Alex has sent me the Mjolnir.

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
If you're going to be air cooling and want maximum compatibility, get the Thermalright AXP 90. Best sub 50mm air cooler tbh, similar to Black Ridge without the memory height restrictions. Better than Cryorig C7 G
Is the AXP-90 better than the AXP-100 you think? Both should fit in the Mjolnir based on measurements but haven't been able to find any comparisons

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Is the AXP-90 better than the AXP-100 you think? Both should fit in the Mjolnir based on measurements but haven't been able to find any comparisons

AXP 100 is better than 90 due to the larger heatsink; however, AXP 100 won't fit in. :( It is at 58mm height by default vs Mjolnir's 51mm height.

AXP 100 was about 3-4C cooler than the AXP 90 if the case could support it, all else equals, in my test rig.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Do you have any new sample pictures?

DHL package will arrive on Monday, containing 3 x MJOLNIR R's + 2x Panel sets in Stealth, Dark and Steel for inspection. If there are any particular pictures you guys want us to take, please let me know. In either case, we'll take LOADS of pictures. I'll have to grab some sort of studio light as well, lighting in Sweden is very...dark 😂

Apart from fully inspecting everything, we'll redo the thermals tests with the same hardware as before, this will show us exactly how the case has improved thermally.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Awesome, I assume you will be receiving a booster cell as well?
Will be interested in seeing how this effects thermals.

Haven't managed to get hold of a 3080 FE yet have ya?

Yeah Booster Cells for all of them. Overall, the cases only miss the filter meshes (since we've just recently finalized them in stainless steel rather than PVC) 😁

Nope, no luck with the 3080 or Ryzen 5900x...

saonexus

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2020
Hey Alex, when you guys receive it, can you also give us exact dimensions within the case. That way I can plan for custom cables. Will it also be possible to fit an EVGA FTW3 Ultra inside?

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Yeah Booster Cells for all of them. Overall, the cases only miss the filter meshes (since we've just recently finalized them in stainless steel rather than PVC) 😁

Nope, no luck with the 3080 or Ryzen 5900x...
I can't remember for sure, but I recall the PVC was going to be glued on, is this the same with the stainless steel mesh?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey Alex, when you guys receive it, can you also give us exact dimensions within the case. That way I can plan for custom cables. Will it also be possible to fit an EVGA FTW3 Ultra inside?

Do you mean just the internal dimension of the case? That GPU looks way to big unfortunately, I'd recommend RTX 3080 XC3 instead :/

I can't remember for sure, but I recall the PVC was going to be glued on, is this the same with the stainless steel mesh?

Most likely glue or 3M tape, depending on which holds / looks best. We'll not etch holes in the regions that will be glued, so glue won't be visible on the outside :)

Side note: the cases are still in customs, so unfortunately it looks like we're going to get the tomorrow instead :/

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Would be interseting if you could get your hands on other higher end air coolers such as the Alpenhof or the Thermalright discussed in this thread, but I know hardware has been difficult in general to get these days... Regardless, I'm excited to see the new thermals and photos! :D

Reactions: Storm

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
they gotta make a living too 🤷‍♀️
I remember that I always had to pay additional tax in Sweden for PC related stuff...

It’s so irritating though, we had such nice progress up to this point 😩 We need those cases to determine whether or not something should be improved before we finish the rest, but they’re stuck (as a company we get back any import VAT we pay, so the payments don’t really make big difference in the end). Let’s just hope they get released this week so that we can inspect them during the holiday and continue production on Monday.