• Total voters

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
According to mjolnir website

EVGARTX 3080 10GB XC3High-end
AMDRX 6800 XTHigh-end
NVIDIARTX 3070Midrange

I think they didn't mentione the 3080 FE because while it will fit, it will most likely struggle thermally due to its pass-through design

I haven't seen a single 2 slot RX 6800 XT. Are there any that would fit?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I haven't seen a single 2 slot RX 6800 XT. Are there any that would fit?

2-slot doesn't say that much, we've said that MJOLNIR fits cards up to 51mm in width 😁 Founder RX 6800 XT is said to me 50mm, so it will work if that's accurate.

Last edited:

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
2-slot doesn't say that much, we've said that MJOLNIR fits cards up to 51mm in width fit 😁 Founder RX 6800 XT is said to me 50mm, so it will work if that's accurate.

you're right! even though it says 2.5 slots, it is certainly under 51mm. This just made my day. I hope you guys get your hands on one to confirm the fit. I'm hoping to stay with team red.

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

Storm

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
Hello guys, i'm new to pc building, and it was MJOLNIR case that gave me the will to switch from Console to PC gaming, so it took me quite some time to came up with a list of components, can you plz take a look at my thread here (maybe it could be useful to others), advise are more than welcome, thx 😉

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
I got arthritis because I was too old while waiting.

BTW: Of course, the above is a joke, but arthritis is true. I hope you guys take care of your health.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Praise Odin! The cases have been released from customs and will arrive on Monday!! 😁
How will this work with your local QA team in the factories? After inspection of these units, are you going to be sending these back as the golden samples, points of reference, the ensure that the products coming off the line adhere to the standard of these units?

Are you going to be inspecting only the final product (i.e. after sand blasting) or will your team be inspecting the intermediate steps too?

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
How will this work with your local QA team in the factories? After inspection of these units, are you going to be sending these back as the golden samples, points of reference, the ensure that the products coming off the line adhere to the standard of these units?

Are you going to be inspecting only the final product (i.e. after sand blasting) or will your team be inspecting the intermediate steps too?

These first ones will be used to see if everything is correct, i.e. the factory understands what we are trying to achieve. If something is wrong, we'll let them know now. They have a couple of cases themselves that are pretty much identical, so we're not going to send back these first ones.

As for the final units, we've picked out 10 "secret" (i.e. secret to the factory) cases that will be sent to us for final inspection. Also, we'll do a 3rd party random inspection on the whole batch. If anything bad slips into Batch 1, the affected parts will be replaced during production of Batch 2.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Woho! I think the cases will arrive in about 1 hour, but our lighting equipment is due to Friday 😩 It's so dark in Sweden this time of the year, even in the early morning. Perhaps I'll still manage to get a couple of decent shots ASAP, but there'll be a lot more during the weekend!

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
These first ones will be used to see if everything is correct, i.e. the factory understands what we are trying to achieve. If something is wrong, we'll let them know now. They have a couple of cases themselves that are pretty much identical, so we're not going to send back these first ones.

As for the final units, we've picked out 10 "secret" (i.e. secret to the factory) cases that will be sent to us for final inspection. Also, we'll do a 3rd party random inspection on the whole batch. If anything bad slips into Batch 1, the affected parts will be replaced during production of Batch 2.

Will the final inspection of the 10 secret units occur before the batch 1 gets dispatched to backers? Will you be actively collating and announcing reported issues for batch 1 receivers since I think as the early backer's deserve a case as good as those for batch-2. Since not everybody is as observant and/or vigilant, I think it's important that reported issues are announced to make sure that everybody in batch-1 is looking at their case for potential defects, and not only provide a fix for those who find one.

It's again a situation where you don't want to early backers in batch-1 to receive a less perfect product than those in batch-2.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Will the final inspection of the 10 secret units occur before the batch 1 gets dispatched to backers? Will you be actively collating and announcing reported issues for batch 1 receivers since I think as the early backer's deserve a case as good as those for batch-2. Since not everybody is as observant and/or vigilant, I think it's important that reported issues are announced to make sure that everybody in batch-1 is looking at their case for potential defects, and not only provide a fix for those who find one.

It's again a situation where you don't want to early backers in batch-1 to receive a less perfect product than those in batch-2.

All inspections will of course take place before you guys get the cases! It’d be great to help even those who don’t notice mistakes, but I’m not sure how. If it’s significant mistakes, I’m sure people will notice, let us know and we’ll help them. If it’s super significant, we’ll reach out to everybody. But don’t worry, we’re putting everything we got into Batch 1, so it will be epic!

@AlexTzone if the 3 samples meet quality standards, when will production resume?

Probably on Wednesday! We’ve basically already finished our structural inspection, found these issues:
  • Panels look slightly more brushed than the Shell. Factory response: this was expected, mass produced panels will get additional polishing.
  • Panels look slightly glossier than the Shell. Factory response: this was expected, mass production panels and Shells will be anodized together in custom hangers (not suitable for lower quantity such as 3 units) instead of separate oxidation baths.
  • We want to use stronger glue for the plastic corner guards (Core) and magnets (Panels, Shell). We’ll experiment with different glues tomorrow.
  • We want to have a stronger attachment for the panels, i.e. probably add 2 magnets side by side rather than 1.
Other than that everything else is perfect! I’m glad the factory has solid plans on how to perfect the anodizing process. Also, I’m extremely positively surprised on just how solid the “unibody” structure is, it doesn’t budge in the slightest. The anodizing finish is so smooth it’s probably on par with Apple to some degree. The Booster Cell worked exactly as expected and is a pretty dang cool piece of tech in itself. In short, production units will be perfect.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
😱😱😱 The finish looks great!

Will the pictures this weekend be with the pc built? Is the update going to include thermal tests?

So happy to hear that!! 😄

Most likely yes, since we’ll need to build a PC in one of them to determine that all clearances are correct. Thermals tests will take while though, since we have to test both the old prototype & new production models to see exactly how things have improved.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

Just a quick preview, we’ll take proper pictures during the weekend (hopefully the lighting arrives on Friday).
Looks great Alex, I applaud you and the team for keeping up with the production and also addressing my doomsday question all the time :)

At the cost of sounding ridiculous, would you be willing to demonstrate how scratch resistant the anodizing coat is. I assume that if you were to scratch the black or gray model, it would leave a silver mark, whereas if you scratched the silver one, it would look silver, so only show a dent in side light?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020

Just a quick preview, we’ll take proper pictures during the weekend (hopefully the lighting arrives on Friday).
Oh wow!! Those look amazing!! I'm so happy I bought the dark finish because it really pops! Seriously these look better than I had imagined, amazing work guys!!

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019

Man those cases look sooo good. But between ray tracing GPU's and the norm of 24cm AIO's, I really wish you guys would make a Mjølnir "XL" with support for 24cm AIO and full size fans, and wide enough to handle a 2½ PCI slot GPU with window panels. Make it happen :D

Last edited: