Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Awesome! Thanks!!

Are there any creative solutions to adding some custom loop kit where the SSD bracket is....and without the booster cell?
I was thinking the same thing! I'm going to see how viable mounting a radiator where the ssds/booster cell goes is once I get my case. @AlexTzone it would be awesome if you guys designed and sold a radiator friendly custom loop oriented booster cell! I'd totally buy it!!

Reactions: abdulla and Gareth

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Hello, just to inform you that people who preorder the Mjolnir during this week (ETA March 2021) just pay $389 (327€).

As a backer since the beginning of this project (ETA May 2020 LOL), I paid 3776 SEK (370€). Same product, same location.

So that’s how we are rewarded to back the project since the beginning... nice

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Hello, just to inform you that people who preorder the Mjolnir during this week (ETA March 2021) just pay $389 (327€).

As a backer since the beginning of this project (ETA May 2020 LOL), I paid 3776 SEK (370€). Same product, same location.

@AlexTzone what's the narrative on this? If we exclude conversations on shipping and tax and just look at the base price. Looking at my kickstarter reciept:

I paid - SEK 2,899 for a MJOLNIR S. (6 months before non-backers and SEK 500 ($50) off the retail price) - This is $337.64 USD (Edit - $308 at previous exchange rate). Currently I can buy a MJOLNIR S for $299 (retail price).

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Everyone pays exactly the same, the only difference between now and then is that Swedish krona fell from 9.4 SEK/USD to 8.6 SEK/USD. Kickstarter forced us to use SEK rather than USD, so we had to use the conversion rate at that time. However, using Shopify we can take payments in USD instead (which lets us simply state 299 for MJOLNIR S and 349 for MJOLNIR R).

MJOLNIR S price in SEK November 2019:
- 299 * 9.4 = 2810

and Now:
- 299 * 8,6 = 2571

Swedish crona was simply cheaper in November compared to now, that way it appears that KS guys paid more. But everyone has paid the equivalence in USD, both then and now. We would never do such a diss to people who made this possible. It's just stupid that Kickstarter forces you to take payments in your home country currency, or at least doesn't offer you the alternative to choose a more international way like USD.

Last edited:

Phnx

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
No matter the intent, you're offering the cases outside of kickstarter with negligible difference in shipping time now, with no difference in the USD price. Where's the promised backer discount?

Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
No matter the intent, you're offering the cases outside of kickstarter with negligible difference in shipping time now, with no difference in the USD price. Where's the promised backer discount?

Besides the stretch goals and that Batch 1 is finished & shipped first, you've also paid considerably less compared to what MJOLNIR will retail for. However, we're still doing it on a small scale and selling through our own website, i.e. not retail (or at leat not retail in the sence of: newegg or proshop, etc etc).

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Everyone pays exactly the same, the only difference between now and then is that Swedish krona fell from 9.4 SEK/USD to 8.6 SEK/USD. Kickstarter forced us to use SEK rather than USD, so we had to use the conversion rate at that time. However, using Shopify we can take payments in USD instead (which lets us simply state 299 for MJOLNIR S and 349 for MJOLNIR R).

MJOLNIR S price in SEK November 2019:
- 299 * 9.4 = 2810

and Now:
- 299 * 8,6 = 2571

Swedish crona was simply cheaper in November compared to now, that way it appears that KS guys paid more. But everyone has paid the equivalence in USD, both then and now. We would never do such a diss to people who made this possible. It's just stupid that Kickstarter forces you to take payments in your home country currency, or at least doesn't offer you the alternative to choose a more international way like USD.

Your feedback on the exchange rates makes sense and is understandable (at least for me). You or I don't know how the exchange rates change and in this case its detrimental to the Kickstarter backers. That 10% swing makes sense in terms of exchange rates. Thanks for clarifying.

Besides the stretch goals and that Batch 1 is finished & shipped first, you've also paid considerably less compared to what MJOLNIR will retail for. However, we're still doing it on a small scale and selling through our own website, i.e. not retail (or at least not retail in the sense of: newegg or proshop, etc etc).

I think the piece that I'm not sure I agree on is the the definition of retail. I get that its not in a retailers hands, but it does personally feels like what your offering now is a retail setup, especially for boutique SFF cases. I would have expected this wave of pre-order to have a price +$50 more than the kickstarter backers paid.

Now, I'm not sure that I'm asking you to put the price up, but I think the combination of this (retail / non-retail) approach along with the exchange rate impact (which is not your fault) makes it appear that Kickstarter backers are significantly out of pocket. That's how I see it.

Last edited:

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Your feedback on the exchange rates makes sense and is understandable (at least for me). You or I don't know how the exchange rates change and in this case its detrimental to the Kickstarter backers. That 10% swing makes sense in terms of exchange rates. Thanks for clarifying.

I think the piece that I'm not sure I agree on is the the definition of retail. I get that its not in a retailers hands, but it does personally feels like what your offering now is a retail setup, especially for boutique SFF cases. I would have expected this wave of pre-order to have a price +$50 more than the kickstarter backers paid.

Now, I'm not sure that I'm asking you to put the price up, but I think the combination of this (retail / non-retail) approach along with the exchange rate impact (which is not your fault) make it appear that Kickstarter backers are significantly out of pocket. That's how I see it.

Yeah besides exchange rate, it’s hard to accept.

Hope the backers cases will be flawless ?

Good luck Thor Zone team for the next crucial weeks ?. Don’t hesitate to keep in touch.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Now, I'm not sure that I'm asking you to put the price up, but I think the combination of this (retail / non-retail) approach along with the exchange rate impact (which is not your fault) makes it appear that Kickstarter backers are significantly out of pocket. That's how I see it.
Yeah besides exchange rate, it’s hard to accept.

Hope the backers cases will be flawless ?

Good luck Thor Zone team for the next crucial weeks ?. Don’t hesitate to keep in touch.

First on exchange rate again, it's actually not detrimental to Kickstarter backers, it has little to no effect at all. Comparing today with November '19, given that you live in the US, what is charged from your bank account should be very close to 299 + shipping (MJOLNIR S). Today it would be exactly 299 since we don't have to fuss around with Swedish krona anymore (thank god, Kickstarter should learn).

I'm 100% sure that retail MJOLNIR's will be well above what you guys paid, I'm looking at Louqe pricing on Inet.se and it's like $350. I understand, since Inet also wants to earn money. However, when we sell small quantities from our own website, it just feels wrong to up the pricing:
  • It increases our profit while our costs remain the same = greedy
  • A lot less people buy the case = risking the company

Reactions: Goatee

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Yeah I just checked my credit card statement from back then and I paid roughly $299 (excluding shipping) once converted to USD (I paid with my Canadian cc at the time).

You were charged at the exchange rate of 2019, not today's rate, so what you got charged, even if in SEK, is roughly equivalent to $299USD on Nov 2019.

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
The Kickstarter pledge has added a special reward.

Extra window kit, dust panel.

Those who order now don't get any additional rewards.

This is not just an 'earlybird' benefit.

Released as sales objective has been achieved.

Of course,
It was unlocked by the power of the buyer.
But

I'm satisfied enough because I've got a reward

Also, I would like to believe that improving the financial situation will help improve the quality of products.

Take care of your health, everyone.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I saw a new sample picture.

This is truly great.

I want to play the new Assassin Creed Valhalla with 'Mjolnir'.

Does it arrive within this year?

I'll know the schedule a lot better next week after inspecting the first units in person and greenlighting the remainder of production! ? Some parts have almost completed mass production now, for example most PCBs have been printed and now await our orders to start SMD assembly. The unibody shell is most likely extruded out (all 500 meters of it ?) and just awaiting our confirmation to start the CNC work. Things will start moving very fast in the coming weeks, that's for sure!

Finally got a small glimpse of the unibody shells after surface finishing and WOOOOOOOW they look smooth!! Our prototypes look like sandpaper in comparison, but more on that next week ?

Also a last minute improvement: we'll use perforated nickel-plated (black) stainless steel for the O2 Panels and the Booster Cell filter meshes. Believe it or not it's actually easier to produce than PVC (using etching rather than drilling), and IMO a lot more premium than plastic. This will not affect our time schedule.

Last edited:

Storm

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
is there a list over which CPU AIR coolers fit?

In their website they're recommending 3 coolers under the 51mm max supported height

AlpenföhnBlack Ridge47mm
CryorigC7 Cu47mm
NoctuaNH-L9i37mm

I found that the black ridge was too wide to fit in most motherboard, while the other two being too weak

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
If you're going to be air cooling and want maximum compatibility, get the Thermalright AXP 90. Best sub 50mm air cooler tbh, similar to Black Ridge without the memory height restrictions. Better than Cryorig C7 G

Reactions: AlexTzone and Storm