• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
In case anyone else is interested (otherwise, sorry for the spam), I found this drawing which suggests it's less than 52mm:

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I saw a picture of production. I'm thrilled.

As you know, the tolerance is further reduced after the bead blast process. It is important to control this well.

I have a question.

Kickstarter paid extra for shipping when adding booster cells. As a result, they paid double.

Do people who pay for the new batch 3 now have to pay for the delivery twice?

I'm considering a gift.

Thanks so much friend, look forward to sharing pictures with surface finishing! Bead blasting will not affect dimensions much, our factory is quite skilled with that technique :)

Regarding Booster Cell shipping, I am not quite sure what you mean by paying double? During the first Kickstarter launch, there was no option to pre-pay for the Booster Cell, only to note that you were interested (so we could understand which quantities to discuss with our factories). Once we relaunched in June, that option was added for both new backers and original Kickstarter backers, but prior to this we had not collected any funds for the Booster Cell. Did this explain things? ?

P.S. I reached out to EKWB to get the height of the EK-AIO 120 pump block from the cold plate, they responded with:

Alex, do you know if that will fit?

It will definitely fit if you secure the cooler after inserting the Core into the Shell! The reason is that we have added 3mm deep indents to the performance panels (only on the inside):

Have you tested any of the new 3000 series cards in this case?

Not yet, seems impossible to get a hold of them here in Sweden :/

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Regarding Booster Cell shipping, I am not quite sure what you mean by paying double? During the first Kickstarter launch, there was no option to pre-pay for the Booster Cell, only to note that you were interested (so we could understand which quantities to discuss with our factories). Once we relaunched in June, that option was added for both new backers and original Kickstarter backers, but prior to this we had not collected any funds for the Booster Cell. Did this explain things? ?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that the question basically is: "Do those who are on the Kickstarter have to pay for shipping of the Booster Cell a second time?"

Since Kickstarter backers have already given money for shipping/taxes upfront for their cases, it would seem a bit steep for them to get penalized by having to pay for shipping a second time round for the booster cell.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that the question basically is: "Do those who are on the Kickstarter have to pay for shipping of the Booster Cell a second time?"

Since Kickstarter backers have already given money for shipping/taxes upfront for their cases, it would seem a bit steep for them to get penalized by having to pay for shipping a second time round for the booster cell.

I see! The original Kickstarter pledges have taxes & shipping included (for the cases only, not for the Booster Cells). Basically, both Kickstarter backers and June pre-order paid the same amounts for the same options.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I see! The original Kickstarter pledges have taxes & shipping included (for the cases only, not for the Booster Cells). Basically, both Kickstarter backers and June pre-order paid the same amounts for the same options.
So will people who order for this latest batch 2 comparatively pay less shipping (in total) than Kickstarter and June pre-orders? since I assume their cases and booster cells will be shipped together?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
So will people who order for this latest batch 2 comparatively pay less shipping (in total) than Kickstarter and June pre-orders? since I assume their cases and booster cells will be shipped together?

The prices will be exactly the same ? In all cases, a person who orders MJOLNIR (regardless of S/R, TG/PP or 2x Panels sets) gets all of it in 1 package. Booster Cell always comes in its own separate package. However, most of the shipping cost for Booster Cell is taxes, I think it's something like $5 excluding that.

Last edited:
Reactions: For_Science

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Alex, my friend. I noticed the latest update on the KickStarter said the power extensions were "done." But they aren't sleeved. Will they be sleeved, as well as the other cables in the case like the power switch, RGB extension cables, etc.?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Alex, my friend. I noticed the latest update on the KickStarter said the power extensions were "done." But they aren't sleeved. Will they be sleeved, as well as the other cables in the case like the power switch, RGB extension cables, etc.?

Heey man! We’re leaving the sleeving bit for you guys ? There are 4 main reasons sleeving is a huge pita on a production scale:
  • I’ve personally tested both versions and smooth black cables seem to fit better with the overall smooth appearance of the Case
  • It increases cable thickness and potentially interferes with our cable certificates, where the former makes it harder to install stuff and the latter can cause the cases to get stuck in customs (or worse)
  • Our factories aren’t very experienced with such techniques
  • It’s a costs a LOT due to a lot of manual work

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Heey man! We’re leaving the sleeving bit for you guys ? There are 4 main reasons sleeving is a huge pita on a production scale:
  • I’ve personally tested both versions and smooth black cables seem to fit better with the overall smooth appearance of the Case
  • It increases cable thickness and potentially interferes with our cable certificates, where the former makes it harder to install stuff and the latter can cause the cases to get stuck in customs (or worse)
  • Our factories aren’t very experienced with such techniques
  • It’s a costs a LOT due to a lot of manual work
Good to know. If that's the case, perhaps I'll just go for PET sleeving. Seeing as I won't find paracord or cloth large enough for the power cable.

Thanks.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Good to know. If that's the case, perhaps I'll just go for PET sleeving. Seeing as I won't find paracord or cloth large enough for the power cable.

Thanks.

I’m a bit unsure how to sleeve the power cable in a non-destructive way, since the cable is basically molded into both plugs ? Although I’m a total noob at this.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
I’m a bit unsure how to sleeve the power cable in a non-destructive way, since the cable is basically molded into both plugs ? Although I’m a total noob at this.
I personally don't mind being a little"destructive." Maybe I'll just make my own entirely. I am an electrician after all. ?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Does anyone know of a slim 240mm radiator, perhaps 15mm thick, on the market? Or a hybrid 240mm radiator where half of it is 15mm thick and the other half is 20-30mm? I'm looking into doing a custom loop in my mjolnir and such a product is perfect. I haven't had any luck finding anything less than 20mm thick however.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Does anyone know of a slim 240mm radiator, perhaps 15mm thick, on the market? Or a hybrid 240mm radiator where half of it is 15mm thick and the other half is 20-30mm? I'm looking into doing a custom loop in my mjolnir and such a product is perfect. I haven't had any luck finding anything less than 20mm thick however.

I have 17mm's in my T1. Not seen anything thinner.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Honestly, a passively cooled 120mm radiator section would probably take just a few degrees out of your loop at most. It'd be much more beneficial to your motherboard VRM/Mosfets if you had a slim fan pushing air over it.

That being said, I don't know the exact names, but I know there are a few radiators that are slim enough to fit there. Whether they are too wide for the case or not is another question. Silverstone had a 240 AIO that in theory could fit, I don't know if it's still in production