• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
@AlexTzone I was hoping there was the option to add some extra panels or to upgrade our original kickstarter pledges as part of this? Any chance of facilitating this?

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone Is there an option to add some extra panels or to upgrade our original kickstarter pledges as part of this?

Apart from the Booster Cell, technically no. However, just let me know what you'd like to do and I'll check how it can be done :) We've upgraded something like 10-20 original Kickstarter pledges using PayPal. If you are just looking for extra panels or MJOLNIR S -> MJOLNIR R, it's super easy.

Hexxagram

Trash Compacter
Jul 8, 2018
Huge welcome on board! ?

Thank you Alex! I've been lurking your project since day one but missed the Kickstarter campaign. Woke up early this morning just to catch up with the pre-ordering lol. Just a question, is it possible to change the case color I selected although I already placed the order? Just curious.

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Alex, I have a question.

I've already purchased from Kickstarter.

The problem is, I would like to make an additional purchase for a gift.

Of course the address is different from mine.

However, I would like to use my phone number for possible loss.

In other words, I buy two, one contact, two addresses. (The email address will be the same)
In this case, would it be okay to make additional purchases?

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
How long do we have to change the address if we pre-order? I'm moving in about a month, so unsure if it's safe to use my current address and then change it a month.

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
I am with posters above.

i have messaged to Alex here and facebook, a few times to change the address for a buyer because he wanted to buy my case, i even ordered a booster cell for him.

it will save him time from travelling, if Alex can change the address for him. I requested it repeatedly.

i understand how busy you are but customer service is important.

Nominal

What's an ITX?
New User
May 7, 2020
I recently preordered this case, and I was going to use the EK-AIO 120 D-RGB for the CPU cooler. The pump/block is 52mm so I thought I was good to go. According to the first page under "hardware compatibility", it states that there is 53mm of space for a CPU cooler. Unfortunately, I was browsing the Mjolnir Kickstarter page comments and a post mentions that there's only 51mm of space for the cooler, which is disappointing.

I was trying to think of a way to still us the EK cooler and I thought that maybe a way might be to use a shorter motherboard standoff, as typical standoffs are 6.35mm and I see 4mm standoffs are available.

Does this seem like a reasonable idea to everyone, or will I run into problems like the board shorting? Another concern might be the second M.2 slot on the back of the board (current plan is to use the Asus x570-I Strix).

AlxT

What's an ITX?
New User
May 27, 2020
I recently preordered this case, and I was going to use the EK-AIO 120 D-RGB for the CPU cooler. The pump/block is 52mm so I thought I was good to go. According to the first page under "hardware compatibility", it states that there is 53mm of space for a CPU cooler. Unfortunately, I was browsing the Mjolnir Kickstarter page comments and a post mentions that there's only 51mm of space for the cooler, which is disappointing.

I was trying to think of a way to still us the EK cooler and I thought that maybe a way might be to use a shorter motherboard standoff, as typical standoffs are 6.35mm and I see 4mm standoffs are available.

Does this seem like a reasonable idea to everyone, or will I run into problems like the board shorting? Another concern might be the second M.2 slot on the back of the board (current plan is to use the Asus x570-I Strix).

How about the back IO cutout alignment with the MB?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Thank you Alex! I've been lurking your project since day one but missed the Kickstarter campaign. Woke up early this morning just to catch up with the pre-ordering lol. Just a question, is it possible to change the case color I selected although I already placed the order? Just curious.

That's epic friend, big welcome on board! Of course, just send us an email with the color you want ?

I'm also a Kickstarter-backer and was wondering if I could add an extra set of panels, @AlexTzone

Absolutely, send us an email and we'll figure it out ?

Alex, I have a question.

I've already purchased from Kickstarter.

The problem is, I would like to make an additional purchase for a gift.

Of course the address is different from mine.

However, I would like to use my phone number for possible loss.

In other words, I buy two, one contact, two addresses. (The email address will be the same)
In this case, would it be okay to make additional purchases?

Hello friend, that will work absolutely fine! ?

How long do we have to change the address if we pre-order? I'm moving in about a month, so unsure if it's safe to use my current address and then change it a month.

A month is not going to be any problem, just let us know when you move and we'll update the address! ?

I am with posters above.

i have messaged to Alex here and facebook, a few times to change the address for a buyer because he wanted to buy my case, i even ordered a booster cell for him.

it will save him time from travelling, if Alex can change the address for him. I requested it repeatedly.

i understand how busy you are but customer service is important.

Sorry for the late response, I'll head on over to the DMs straight after this post ?

@AlexTzone just got onboard! I was wondering , will there ever be some kind of store for buying accessories for the mjolnir ? Like led strips, custom cables, replacement panels , etc?

Probably, but I can't guarantee right now. However, if something breaks we'll most likely have spares in the factory. I don't really see how anything on MJOLNIR can break (except possibly electronics and glass if you smash it lol). So you let us know and we'll figure out how to send parts to you :)

Good thing to note: anodizing is a very batch-sensitive process, so any anodized parts from different batches are not very likely to match perfectly. Best to get the panels you want now.

Huge welcome on board! ? Yeah get a couple 6-32 4mm standoffs and 1mm washers, that should do the trick. There will be some slight misalignment between the IO shield and the motherboard, but it's going to be within the "squeeze to get it in the right place" margin. Grinding down standard 6-32 1/4 inch standoffs to 5mm will also work.

I'm not super concerned about the M.2 drive, but the back plate for the CPU block is going to matter (i.e. it has to be within 5mm).

Reactions: smallfx

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Thanks, I ordered one. Any idea when we will see thermal results for the new performance panels?

Amazing, huge welcome on board! We'll thermal test the golden samples (used as guidance for manufacturing), which we'll start on in the coming 2 weeks ?

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Speaking of thermals, there's currently a lot of possible layouts.

Performance panels all sides, stock front piece, normal PSU layout, normal internal lay out

Then you can change the panels for glass ones. Or change some for dust filtered. Or swap internal lay out, including PSU orientation. Then the Booster Cell, and swapping what way the fans move air. As well as possibly going AIO or not. It's not quite like a normal case where there's really only one layout and just adding more fans will typically provide better cooling. So I don't exactly see them testing every single possible configuration because there's just a lot now.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Can't wait for the thermal tests with the new panels! I've been excited about it ever since they were announced! :D
Speaking of thermals, there's currently a lot of possible layouts.

Performance panels all sides, stock front piece, normal PSU layout, normal internal lay out

Then you can change the panels for glass ones. Or change some for dust filtered. Or swap internal lay out, including PSU orientation. Then the Booster Cell, and swapping what way the fans move air. As well as possibly going AIO or not. It's not quite like a normal case where there's really only one layout and just adding more fans will typically provide better cooling. So I don't exactly see them testing every single possible configuration because there's just a lot now.

That means we'll make a 100 page thermals doc rather than 17 ? ?

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Alex, the booster cell payment is not going on for the following reasons.

Help me.

'''''Could not select that shipping address, please try again. '''''