• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Vand3r

Efficiency Noob
May 12, 2020
Quick question. For those planning to order in the next group buy what is the estimated delivery date for the case?

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
Just looked at some of the new mobo's coming out and an interesting question came up... Is the new B55 ASRock ITX-AX not compatible because of the orientation of the SATA ports? A normal cable is going to run into the PSU, but a right angle is going to go down into the spine. Actually now that I think about it I'm sure a lot of people will be content with M.2 drives only, but it's an interesting limitation.

Edit: fixed link

Last edited:

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Just looked at some of the new mobo's coming out and an interesting question came up... Is the new [B550 ASRock ITX-AX](https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXax/index.asp) not compatible because of the orientation of the SATA ports? A normal cable is going to run into the PSU, but a right angle is going to go down into the spine. Actually now that I think about it I'm sure a lot of people will be content with M.2 drives only, but it's an interesting limitation.
I'd wager most people are probably going M.2 only.

I haven't looked at the board, but if it's a right angle connector, those super-slim SATA cables from Silverstone may work.

Reactions: thekinghippo

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
I didn't know those were a thing. Thanks for pointing them out to me.
I had good luck with them in an older NCase build that I had a while back. I went with them to hide them because I wasn't confident on wire sleeving back then. They hid really well behind other braided cables where you almost couldn't even notice them. Certainly small.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Alex, quick question for you;

When you're assembling the cases for shipping, will the silicon pieces on the core backing-plate, that is the rear I/O panel of the case, be pre-installed before we receiver our cases? I'd like to do something custom with the back panel and get it re-anodized a particular color. It's not a huge deal, just trying to figure out before-hand everything I need, including more adhesive for those silicon parts if I need to remove them to re-anodize the panel.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Alex, quick question for you;

When you're assembling the cases for shipping, will the silicon pieces on the core backing-plate, that is the rear I/O panel of the case, be pre-installed before we receiver our cases? I'd like to do something custom with the back panel and get it re-anodized a particular color. It's not a huge deal, just trying to figure out before-hand everything I need, including more adhesive for those silicon parts if I need to remove them to re-anodize the panel.

Heey Justin, basically everything will be assembled before you guys receive the case ? Those corner guards are pushed in and fixed with adhesive, I'm not so experienced when it comes to remove a glued plastic part without damaging it. Perhaps a hairdryer or heat gun on low setting?

Also, super important to let the anno shop know that there was glue on the panel. Even very small traces of glue will prevent anodizing on those areas.

Reactions: Sazexa

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Heey Justin, basically everything will be assembled before you guys receive the case ? Those corner guards are pushed in and fixed with adhesive, I'm not so experienced when it comes to remove a glued plastic part without damaging it. Perhaps a hairdryer or heat gun on low setting?

Also, super important to let the anno shop know that there was glue on the panel. Even very small traces of glue will prevent anodizing on those areas.
Easy enough! The shop I think is one your page follows on Instagram, they seem quality. I'm sure it'd be easy for them.

I do have a heat gun which will likely work. The good thing is, being metal, The heat will transfer very well through the metal most likely to help remove it. If I can't remove it nicely or safely, I do have a back-up route of either powdercoat (which may not work for temperature and tolerance), or ceramic coating as well. ?

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Also, I think having it all more or less ready to go out of the box as you're planning is the smartest plan for sure. Hopefully it minimizes any complaints you may receive ?

• Love

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone do you have comparisons of the new rigid LED strips in terms of their diffuseness and illumination angle? If it's too "spotlighty" you might want to consider a transluscent light diffuser?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone do you have comparisons of the new rigid LED strips in terms of their diffuseness and illumination angle? If it's too "spotlighty" you might want to consider a transluscent light diffuser?
Not a terrible idea. It might eat up some usable real estate if it's too tall though?

They are almost exactly the same in terms of dimensions and placement. The LEDs are very similar as well (WS2812B), but they're compatible with more LED libraries than our previous SK6812. The dropoff is very smooth even without a diffuser. The only harshness is seen when using reversed orientation with tempered glass panels and sitting closer than 20cm to the case (closer than that and you'll have the LEDs directly in your field of view).

edamazzio

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 21, 2020
Hello @AlexTzone .
I have some questions regarding the new batch of Mjolnir.
I was planning on choosing one performance panel and one tempered glass. Will we have the option to chose that on the upcoming preorder?
Also, does shipping fees have to be paid at the same time as the case itself? $115 (shipping to Costa Rica) + $350 (Mjolnir R) hurts the wallet ?

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Curious to hear what everyone's planning for a cooling configuration at the moment?

Currently I'm planning on trying to see if I can get away with just two 120x15mm intake fans, with the glass panels and normal front panel. I will be ordering the booster cell as an option just in-case. If I do need more cooling, I'll likely first try putting in the performance panels. And if those don't help enough, I'll maybe then go with the booster cell. Probably with it as an exhaust fan, and the two 120's as intakes.

Vand3r

Efficiency Noob
May 12, 2020
I'll probably be using a 120mm aio for the cpu and a 120mm exhaust with the mesh sides on both. I feel I should get fairly decent thermals with this config

Reactions: Sazexa

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Alex, my friend, I'm sure the strips intended to be sold with the case are compatible but, just for peace of mind sake:

I plan on using the ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-I Gaming motherboard, which has an addressable "gen 2" 5V header. I didn't know there was a "gen 2" for RGB hahaha. This is what they list in their manual. Is this compatible with the LED strips that will come with the case?

Reactions: dlal1520

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Hello @AlexTzone , hope you are doing great (like everyone else btw).

I have a recommandation. What about tinted tempered glass ? I think it would look so much nicer. We would see less the cables and the leds would stand out much better ! Few years ago I had a jonsbo case with a beautiful tinted tempered glass. See the results.

So what do you think ? ☺

(Pardon my english)

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Hello @AlexTzone , hope you are doing great (like everyone else btw).

I have a recommandation. What about tinted tempered glass ? I think it would look so much nicer. We would see less the cables and the leds would stand out much better ! Few years ago I had a jonsbo case with a beautiful tinted tempered glass. See the results.

So what do you think ? ☺

(Pardon my english)
I think if you wanted tinted glass, it's best to just have a shop (even one that does automotive tints) tint them for you. I'd prefer as translucent as possible and then manually adding tint.

A shop probably would charge very little, and it'd give you greater flexibility in tint color, darkness, and reflectivity.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Alex, my friend, I'm sure the strips intended to be sold with the case are compatible but, just for peace of mind sake:

I plan on using the ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-I Gaming motherboard, which has an addressable "gen 2" 5V header. I didn't know there was a "gen 2" for RGB hahaha. This is what they list in their manual. Is this compatible with the LED strips that will come with the case?

Absolutely it will be compatible with that MOBO and those types of header. We will provide several cables for connecting the LED strips directly to the motherboard, i.e. for 3-pin / 4-pin headers.

Are there any real pictures comparing the colors? Hard to get an idea from renders.

There are spread out throughout this thread (would really like to show you but I have to jump back in to coding the store with the rest of the team ASAP). However, a good things to keep in mind is that the renderings are targets for the official MJOLNIR, which we use to guide the manufacturers. That it, prototype finishes are not something we're going to strive to achieve (except for some samples), they doesn't reach our requirements on surface quality.

A quick description

Steel - Natural 6063 aluminium with clear anodizing
Dark - Space gray (target)
Stealth - Black anodizing

All finished will have a satin matte finish (from bead blasting).