• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
I thinking of doing external water cooling... juz wondering if there's any space for me to drill two holes for G1/4 adapter??
There is definitely space on the back panel for ports for fittings. Just keep in mind though aluminum is soft, it's a thick panel. Once it is cut you may want to consider re-anodizing the panel to "seal" the aluminum where you drilled. I don't know what you plan to do for a loop, but you could probably have one fitting on the motherboard side, one on the GPU side. One an in, one an out. If you're going to do external parts you may as well mount your pump, reservoir, and rad/fans outside the case.

Quick connects are the back of the case would be cool/useful, too.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Try and find a single slot GPU that uses just 1 PCI slot and use a PCI passthrough, keep you from having to drill through that nice aluminum.
I don't think that will work as well as it does in other cases. In other cases, the PCI slot covers mount in two locations. Firstly, at the "L-shape" with a screw or some securing mechanism (or the latch design on Mjolnir). Secondly, with a small tab recessed into what is commonly a motherboard tray. I don't believe the Mjolnir has this second piece. I believe Mjolnir only has the latch mechanism, and then relies on a solid mount with the PCB for the second side I mentioned to secure graphics cards into place, so, it might not work nicely.

Also, finding a single slot GPU or a GPU with all the I/O in one slot might be limiting. Alternatively, you might be able to just mod the I/O plate on the GPU to serve the same purpose.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I was wondering if anyone either from Thorzone or the SFF community had reached out to custom cable shops like pslate customs to have them look at the Thor's dimensions?
Would be super cool if we could get custom length/fitted cables in this SFF build to cleanup airflow and maximize space.

Definitely going to do that, I've put in a couple of MJOLNIR orders myself for that purpose (going to send them to different firms and tailor some cool stuff for the case) :)

Hi @AlexTzone
First off I wanted to thank you for all the updates you have provided this community. I was not an original backer as I only found out about the case after the kickstarter closed. I am very keen to join the next launch and wanted to know if there is any way I can customize the case to have:
  • 2 O₂ panels (top and bottom)
  • 1 glass side panel
  • 1 performance side panel
I am aware the extra o2 panel was an addon on the stretch goal and willing to pay extra as this is my dream case design.
Cheers :)

Epic, so happy you found it! ? Sure, we can add that extra O2 panel, it's going to be roughly $15 to $19 extra (sorry for the uncertainty, don't have our costs doc on hand). As for your panel combo, I'd suggest going with the + 2x Panel Sets options ($39), that way you can mix and match however you want. Hope that helps buddy ?

On a similar not, will there be an option to purchase 2x2 panel sets (2 TG and 2perf panels) with my mjolnir on the second batch (may)?

Yes, they are $39 extra if my memory serves me right ?

Yeah the temps were OK, but nothing to write home about back then. I would be really interested to see the improvement of the V2 performance panels with the more open surface area, but you know...global crisis and all that hehe

It should result in a good change, because not only is the Open-Area a lot better...the coverage has expanded a lot as well (i.e. GPU/CPU fan is not going to be partially blocked like in Performance V1) ? Anyone familiar with the Open-Area of the Ghost? Would be interesting to compare.

Open the Kickstarter, it's May. ?

We'll host this mini-launch on our website, somewhere in the middle of May. It will be open for approx. 1 week, I'll make sure to spread the word a couple of days prior to that ?

Reactions: bricemx and smallfx

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
We'll host this mini-launch on our website, somewhere in the middle of May. It will be open for approx. 1 week, I'll make sure to spread the word a couple of days prior to that ?

Are the cases in limited quantity? Or is it just time limited and you'll built whatever number of orders you have ?

Reactions: bricemx

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I think it would be nice if @AlexTzone could maintain a list of changes implemented to the design of the Mjolnir compared to the existing physical prototypes. I find it a bit hard to track what changes overwrite which changes. I have started the list below with my personal opinions and advantages and drawbacks of each implemented change.

I've been quite ruthless to point out that a lot of the features haven't escaped the land of rendering and nice thoughts (at least with the information given to us). So if a modification involves more than just drilling more holes, I've noted that particular improvement to still lack demonstration in the real world that it is 1) Possible to manufacture 2) Is actually better in terms of finish quality as well functionality.

Inclusion of toolkit, Extra O2 panel, thermal paste, and Shield of Founders (**Kickstarter Backers Only)
Advantages: More stuff for Free
Disadvantages: None

More holes for performance panels
Advantages: More airflow

Change the way both Windowed and Performance Panels attach to the chassis. Screws removed, magnet added
Advantages: More elegant, easier to detach, allows easier cable management
Disadvantages: No working physical model demonstrated (i.e. still in theory land), finish quality unknown

Complete revamp of manufacturing the chassis. Extrusion of the core to produce unibody-ish chassis, counter sunk screws in the front part for rigidity

Advantages: Subjectively looks better
Disadvantages: No working physical model demonstrated (i.e. still in theory land), finish quality unknown

PCIe Gen4 Riser to be Included instead of Gen3 Riser
Advantages: Gen 4 is cool?
Disadvantages: None, as long as you can actually get them

Feet notches completely removed, replaced by rubber stickers
Advantages: Easier manufacturing, possibly less vibration, more customizability
Disadvantages: Perhaps less durable (may peel off). Less premium-y

AIO rails added 2 mm lengthwise to accommodate longer radiators
Advantages: Fits Corsair H60

AIO rails shaved down more to have less obstruction
Advantages: Light doesn't bleed

PSU mounting bracket has rails in them to adjust their mounting location
Advantages: More flexible PSU mounting

Spines added to secure central frame to back and front of the core
Advantages: More rigid

GPU latch mechanism modified to allow for sliding
Advantages: More rigid

Booster cell option added, and design finalized. Use of pogo pins for power and fan power?
Advantages: Fan mounting option on the front of the chassis
Disadvantages: No working physical model demonstrated (i.e. still in theory land), finish quality unknown, functionality unknown

Case locking mechanism modified to include washers to prevent grinding sounds
Advantages: Fan mounting option on the front of the chassis
Disadvantages: No working physical model demonstrated (i.e. still in theory land), functionality unknown

Backpanel and shell modified to prevent light bleed
Advantages: Light doesn't bleed

Ovni

Trash Compacter
Jan 3, 2020
I think it would be nice if @AlexTzone could maintain a list of changes implemented to the design of the Mjolnir compared to the existing physical prototypes. I find it a bit hard to track what changes overwrite which changes. I have started the list below with my personal opinions and advantages and drawbacks of each implemented change.

< knip>

Change the way both Windowed and Performance Panels attach to the chassis. Screws removed, magnet added
Advantages: More elegant, easier to detach, allows easier cable management

<knip>

PCIe Gen4 Riser to be Included instead of Gen3 Riser
Advantages: Gen 4 is cool?
Disadvantages: None, as long as you can actually get them

<knip>

Personally I'm very happy with the gen4 riser. I use Radeon Pro at this moment, a small one, going to upgrade to a newer version when the Mjolnir comes. All new Radeon Pro's are gen4 already! (I'm not playing games on a pc, actually I don't play games at all). Pcie 4 cool for everybody? Not yet maybe, but you are future proof.

The magnet system sounds good, but it has a risk; if it's not fitting 100% tight it could resonate in some cases.

That problem is often very easy to tackle. But on such a premium case it should be OK out of the box. On the other hand .... Alex and his team wants to be the best, certainly on their market entrance. I don't worry at all.

Freonlike groetnis,
Ger

Reactions: lawney