• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Just wondering but will there be support added for USB-C in the back? Or would it still work for display etc if I were to use usb3 to usbC as I would like to be able to connect to my usb C monitor and keep it clean with just the one cable!
Idk if this is something you’re implementing or if an adapter is my best bet!

Wouldn't that be motherboard dependent? Many ITX motherboards have a USB C port on the back.

Reactions: AlexTzone

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
Anyone know of other AIO's that might also fit? Like this one below.
http://www.gamerstorm.com/product/cpuliquidcooler/2016-04/1286_5089.shtml
The Captain 120EX radiator will fit, but the pump block will not (~85mm tall).

I'd love to see a comparison of all 120MM aios that might fit in this case with the updates. That would be helpful for those with extreme hardware trying to squeeze every degree of room.

Agreed! I made a Google Docs spreadsheet with the 120mm AIOs I could find:
120mm AIOs for Mjolnir

Using the radiator dimensions of 157x120x34mm (assuming a 25mm thick fan and flipped PSU) and a max height for the pump block of 51mm, I highlighted any that I thought would not fit. This is only a guide, since cables, tubes, and other hardware needs to be considered to really tell if it will fit. I would expect any 120mm AIO that is 155x120x27 with a pump block of 45mm should fit. All dimensions were rounded UP (42.2mm is listed as 43mm)

(PM with any corrections/edits)

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I think this double rad should work: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1094652141.html? - 270x24x120 mm
Looks decent enough and I think the thickness of 24mm is based on the highest point of the rad, which looks to be the G1/4 ports.

Well it arrived and I think it gives a non-Aluminium 240mm radiator option for those wanting a full loop.

Width is good:

Overall depth (tanks) is good:

Might need a little trim to get to the total 23mm height to fit under the MB, but should be do-able.

The XSPC TX240 radiator is also 125mm wide - the case can fit radiators up to 120mm, so it won't fit. As far as I've found, the Silverstone is the ONLY 240mm radiator that would fit.

@Sharknose this gives you another 240mm rad option.

• Love

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019

120mm AIOs for Mjolnir

Using the radiator dimensions of 157x120x34mm (assuming a 25mm thick fan and flipped PSU) and a max height for the pump block of 51mm, I highlighted any that I thought would not fit. This is only a guide, since cables, tubes, and other hardware needs to be considered to really tell if it will fit. I would expect any 120mm AIO that is 155x120x27 with a pump block of 45mm should fit. All dimensions were rounded UP (42.2mm is listed as 43mm)

Thanks for much for the list! That really helps! I'm leaning towards the Alphacool since the radiators are copper as opposed to aluminum but unsure if it'll make any appreciable difference.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
@AlexTzone Can you indulge my curiosity?

Based on a couple of posts in this thread, it appears the motherboard bottom edge is 26mm from the bottom of the internal case wall?

If I reversed the bottom core struts, could you use those extra 3mm to fit a 25mm fan into the current 23mm space? I.e. make the strut 25mm off the bottom of the case? Something like this?

Last edited:

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Well it arrived and I think it gives a non-Aluminium 240mm radiator option for those wanting a full loop.

Width is good:

Might need a little trim to get to the total 23mm height to fit under the MB, but should be do-able.

Just out of curiosity: why do you still want to use a 240mm radiator despite the test results showing that it performs worse than a 120mm AIO?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Just out of curiosity: why do you still want to use a 240mm radiator despite the test results showing that it performs worse than a 120mm AIO?

Those tests while great, really show how poor the silverstone slim AIO's are (in my view) rather than the benefits of 120 vs 240 rads. This is based on the fact the silverstone radiator (TD02-Slim) is 22mm thick, while the corsair (H55) is 27mm thick. So not really comparable.

A comparable test would be a TD03-slim vs the TD02-slim. My guess in this even with a single fan, the TD02-slim (240mm) would perform better than the TD03-slim (120mm). God I hate Silverstones naming convention!

Last edited:

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019
Those tests while great, really show how poor the silverstone slim AIO's are (in my view) rather than the benefits of 120 vs 240 rads. This is based on the fact the silverstone radiator (TD02-Slim) is 22mm thick and aluminium, while the corsair (H55) is 27mm thick and copper. So not really comparable.

A comparable test would be a TD03-slim vs the TD02-slim. My guess in this even with a single fan, the TD02-slim (240mm) would perform better than the TD03-slim (120mm). God I hate Silverstones naming convention!
The issue is rather that there won't be any active cooling over the VRM on the motherboard. This also affects nvme ssd's.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Those tests while great, really show how poor the silverstone slim AIO's are (in my view) rather than the benefits of 120 vs 240 rads. This is based on the fact the silverstone radiator (TD02-Slim) is 22mm thick and aluminium, while the corsair (H55) is 27mm thick and copper. So not really comparable.

Corsair H55 has an aluminum radiator:

Reactions: Sashby and Goatee

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
Thanks for much for the list! That really helps! I'm leaning towards the Alphacool since the radiators are copper as opposed to aluminum but unsure if it'll make any appreciable difference.
I added columns for radiator material and tube length. It looks like the Alphacool Eisbaer LT120 is the only AIO with a copper radiator available. Of course, there are copper 120mm radiators for custom loops, but I don't think there is much benefit building a custom loop with only a CPU block and single 120mm radiator compared to just using an AIO.

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
I think the change to magnetic side panels and a modular front cap will open up the possibility of many more customization options. Low TDP CPU? Switch to a smaller vent pattern. Need more airflow for cooling? Switch to an open front cap or one with a fan in front.

• Love

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone Love the update. The new front panel led me down a mock up rabbit hole.

If I replaced the front of internal core (3mm), 2.5" bays (20mm) and front panel (5mm), I make it 28mm of workable depth.

This would allow a sandwich style distro plate, EK SPC pump and RES to be incorporated and bolted to the core.

My mock ups making some assumptions around things like corner radii:

This is damn cool! The corner radius of your plate should be 7mm.

Actually it's 23mm workable depth including the front panel on the core. However, if it's okay for you that the distro sticks out a bit than infinity is your only constraint ;)

Delicious!

What a great design! You guys, seriously! Power button in the front too? I can hardly wait now.

Edit: You know, I bet that a single 2.5" drive would fit on the spine under/behind the GPU (GPU side). Seems to be just enough room.

Thanks a lot friend!

With the 2.5 drive, do you mean underneath the motherboard (where you mount one of the case fans)? Or in-between the GPU and the Spine?

What are the dimensions of the original front plate?

Is it possible to apply an existing design using a fan smaller than 120mm?

Probably, and I bet some people will do that with custom work :) You can fit a single 92mm fan (or 2x80 mm) in the original with some modding.

Width is good:

If you have time, could you test how 1 vs 2 fans affect cooling vs some other 120mm AIO (if you have one) ? Would be interesting to see if the SilverStone conclusion is confirmed again.

@AlexTzone Can you indulge my curiosity?

Based on a couple of posts in this thread, it appears the motherboard bottom edge is 26mm from the bottom of the internal case wall?

If I reversed the bottom core struts, could you use those extra 3mm to fit a 25mm fan into the current 23mm space? I.e. make the strut 25mm off the bottom of the case? Something like this?

Thing is, just a tiny bit lower and the rads / fans will start interfering with the corner radius in MJOLNIR. I mean, you could dremmle a bit and make it work but those struts aren't flippable upside down (although I guess a really determined dremmler would make that work as well lol).

How about apply
NOCTUA NF-A9x14 PWM x 2
On front?

Interesting! However, that strays a bit to far from the minimalism we have in mind. 2 strange things have happened to me in the last week....both the Booster Cell fan cutouts & new Mac Pro design have started to grow on me...I'm going to hell for sure ?

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018

Width is good:

this could also be interesting for the t1, especially if it can outperform the lt240. maybe pop it (and benchmarks if you get around to it) in that thread

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

120mm AIOs for Mjolnir

Seriously, absolute legend! Thanks a lot for putting that together :)