• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Ok, I'm sold on the new Silicon feet. The more I think about it, the more I realize that it will still have a premium feel. Especially with the recessed channel that they will fit into.

Well done.

Reactions: AlexTzone

NHammersley

Efficiency Noob
Dec 16, 2019
Yeah I was actually already considering the H60! and as for the LPX that's a good plan I may have to steal haha! I was looking at g.skill ripjaws V for the ram although ill have to check the height of those :)

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Great thanks for that! Damnit I was hoping to fit an H80i with a single fan but looks like there's barely enough clearance for the thicker radiator let alone a fan.

Between 120mm AIOs, has anyone experienced any noticeable differences? There's a few available but looking it up seems not many have done comparisons between them (I guess because in larger cases, it's typically better to do either a better air cooler or a 240mm AIO).

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Should be possible to attach the distro to the screw holes for the drive bay. You'll have 20mm of height to work with (unless you remove the front cap, in which case it would be 25mm) :) Cool, I'll get those dimensions!

That would be awesome!

I assume the front green plate in my earlier picture is 5mm thick too? I’m thinking if that’s replaced too then it might give sufficient depth to mount a ddc and avoid any physical modding to the original case.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Ok, I'm sold on the new Silicon feet. The more I think about it, the more I realize that it will still have a premium feel. Especially with the recessed channel that they will fit into.

Well done.

Thanks man! It will look nice, since it's silicone we can do a transition fit tolerance for it (in plain English: it will sit tightly in the recessed channel) :)

Yeah I was actually already considering the H60! and as for the LPX that's a good plan I may have to steal haha! I was looking at g.skill ripjaws V for the ram although ill have to check the height of those :)

Great! The Ripjaws V is 42mm :)

Great thanks for that! Damnit I was hoping to fit an H80i with a single fan but looks like there's barely enough clearance for the thicker radiator let alone a fan.

Between 120mm AIOs, has anyone experienced any noticeable differences? There's a few available but looking it up seems not many have done comparisons between them (I guess because in larger cases, it's typically better to do either a better air cooler or a 240mm AIO).

H80i should fit with a 120x15 fan, that would put it at 53mm (max is 59mm, with flipped PSU). I've noticed a difference between the Corsair H55 and NZXT Kraken M22, where the latter run a bit hotter and was a lot more PITA to work with! Another important thing to keep in mind is the tubing, the thicker the tubing the harder it will be to install the AIO.

That would be awesome!

I assume the front green plate in my earlier picture is 5mm thick too? I’m thinking if that’s replaced too then it might give sufficient depth to mount a ddc and avoid any physical modding to the original case.

Actually, it's 3mm thick! Say that you replace it and utilize all space between the Spine and the outer edge of the Shell, that will leave you with 23mm (or 21mm if measured the the AIO rails to the outer edge). However, there is physically nothing holding you back from have a something much wider, as long as you're okay that it's protruding out of the shell.

What is the height between the inside of the top rail and bottom rail (without LED strips)?

Approx. 193mm :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
What about a [rectangular shape /bolt through type] rubber feet without glue ?

These feet are pretty tiny, it's hard to figure out an economical way to make them screw in without having screws on the outside. A recessed channel, proper 3M tape and good surface preparation will do the trick :)

@AlexTzone

just saw some new design for the front panel, i wish it would be 120 x 120 x 25 because i want to use delta case fan, and dosent mind the nosie.

Unfortunately, there simply isn't enough room for a 25mm wide fan :/

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
For those who haven't seen what @danny.nguyen is talking about, here's the update from Kickstarter:

Booster Cell (optional add-on)

Now that the front of the case has become a whole lot more flexible, we decided to put together something cool (pun intended) for those who want to push cooling even more. Not only will it allow you to install an additional 120x15 mm fan (preferably as exhaust), but it also includes a frontal power button and RGBW lighting*.

Price: <$60**

Backers with MJOLNIR R and above get $10 OFF!

*Compatible with MJOLNIR R or a digital 3-pin 5V header on your motherboard

**Subject to change, we're still working out the costs

We'll redo the mounting a bit, so that the RGB-ring and fan are mounted to the Core rather than the add-on front panel. What do you guys think? :)

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
@AlexTzone Love the update. The new front panel led me down a mock up rabbit hole.

If I replaced the front of internal core (3mm), 2.5" bays (20mm) and front panel (5mm), I make it 28mm of workable depth.

This would allow a sandwich style distro plate, EK SPC pump and RES to be incorporated and bolted to the core.

My mock ups making some assumptions around things like corner radii:

Last edited:

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
For those who haven't seen what @danny.nguyen is talking about, here's the update from Kickstarter:

Booster Cell (optional add-on)

Now that the front of the case has become a whole lot more flexible, we decided to put together something cool (pun intended) for those who want to push cooling even more. Not only will it allow you to install an additional 120x15 mm fan (preferably as exhaust), but it also includes a frontal power button and RGBW lighting*.

Price: <$60**

Backers with MJOLNIR R and above get $10 OFF!

*Compatible with MJOLNIR R or a digital 3-pin 5V header on your motherboard

**Subject to change, we're still working out the costs

We'll redo the mounting a bit, so that the RGB-ring and fan are mounted to the Core rather than the add-on front panel. What do you guys think? :)

Delicious!

What a great design! You guys, seriously! Power button in the front too? I can hardly wait now.

Edit: You know, I bet that a single 2.5" drive would fit on the spine under/behind the GPU (GPU side). Seems to be just enough room.

Last edited:
  • Love

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
@AlexTzone Love the update. The new front panel led me down a mock up rabbit hole.

If you replaced the front of internal core (3mm), 2.5" bays (20mm) and front panel (5mm), I make it 28mm of workable depth.

This would allow a sandwich style distro plate, EK SPC pump and RES to be incorporated and bolted to the core.

My mock ups making some assumptions around things like corner radii:

This case isn't going to be for everyone. If all the changes people wanted were to be implemented, you would have a frankencase which will be nothing like the original design and will no longer be a sff case. The more changes, the more potential problems, costs and delays will crop up in manufacturing.

Adding room for a distro plate is a VERY specialized thing for a case and not many people will use it. It's a good idea but I don't think the modifications would only be used by 1% of the backers.

If you want a case with a built in distro plate, may I recommend the following:

That's my opinion, I would trust @AlexTzone to do what's best within the scope of the case and the budget. I went though this as a community mod for the ghost project and not everyone was happy that the evga FTW card would fit.

Reactions: Aviswa

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
This case isn't going to be for everyone. If all the changes people wanted were to be implemented, you would have a frankencase which will be nothing like the original design and will no longer be a sff case. The more changes, the more potential problems, costs and delays will crop up in manufacturing.

Adding room for a distro plate is a VERY specialized thing for a case and not many people will use it. It's a good idea but I don't think the modifications would only be used by 1% of the backers.

If you want a case with a built in distro plate, may I recommend the following:

That's my opinion, I would trust @AlexTzone to do what's best within the scope of the case and the budget. I went though this as a community mod for the ghost project and not everyone was happy that the evga FTW card would fit.

Hey @gwertheim , I think your misunderstanding my intention here. I'm making this as my own mod, for my own case. I'm not asking for any changes on the product that ships out (however if they chose to offer a distro plate as an add-on like the booster cell, then I would certainly buy it!). I have slightly rephrased the wording in my post to make it a bit clearer. ?

incidentally, there would be no change to the existing design or dimensions in using a distro plate similar to that designed, I'm trying to make this a bolt on alternative front end for the core, involving replacing only a few parts. Its inspired by exactly what they are doing with the Booster Cell (just attached to the core rather than the shell.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hey @gwertheim , I think your misunderstanding my intention here. I'm making this as my own mod, for my own case. I'm not asking for any changes on the product that ships out (however if they chose to offer a distro plate as an add-on like the booster cell, then I would certainly buy it!). I have slightly rephrased the wording in my post to make it a bit clearer. ?

incidentally, there would be no change to the existing design or dimensions in using a distro plate similar to that designed, I'm trying to make this a bolt on alternative front end for the core, involving replacing only a few parts. Its inspired by exactly what they are doing with the Booster Cell (just attached to the core rather than the shell.

My bad

NHammersley

Efficiency Noob
Dec 16, 2019
Just wondering but will there be support added for USB-C in the back? Or would it still work for display etc if I were to use usb3 to usbC as I would like to be able to connect to my usb C monitor and keep it clean with just the one cable!
Idk if this is something you’re implementing or if an adapter is my best bet!