• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Woah that's an epic idea!! TBH who needs 2.5" drives anymore lol? Will have to think about the 3D model, but I can definitely help out with the internal dimensions :) Just let me know which numbers you wants to know.

Totally, for me at least, I have two m.2 slots on my itx motherboard and any media storage is on a NAS.

For dimensions / models, I'm thinking its really the front of the internal structure plate (green in diagram below) where the 2.5" bays sit. The distro plate could be attached to the frame with loop fully assembled within the internal structure.

Additionally, it might be possible to mod the front solid panel and replace with a open frame (to hold the vents in place). This would then give visibility to the distro plate or could be used to hold front mounted fans (subject to dimensions).

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexTzone

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
Not to be a negative Nancy here, because I do love the distro idea, but isn't it a bit out of its element in this case? There's only realistically space for a 120mm AIO so either the CPU or GPU will be water cooled, but not both. Given such a limitation is a distro all that helpful other than as a reservoir/place to put the pump?

I think my pie-in-the-sky plan is to custom water cool the CPU using Wahaha360's "Fr33Flow" CPU block/pump and create a 3D printed shroud for an open-air GPU with a performance panel on the other side. That might be either dumb or insane. I'm not sure. Will definitely be trying to add my own creative flair to the case in some way though.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Not to be a negative Nancy here, because I do love the distro idea, but isn't it a bit out of its element in this case? There's only realistically space for a 120mm AIO so either the CPU or GPU will be water cooled, but not both. Given such a limitation is a distro all that helpful other than as a reservoir/place to put the pump?

I think my pie-in-the-sky plan is to custom water cool the CPU using Wahaha360's "Fr33Flow" CPU block/pump and create a 3D printed shroud for an open-air GPU with a performance panel on the other side. That might be either dumb or insane. I'm not sure. Will definitely be trying to add my own creative flair to the case in some way though.
Your quite right, there is very little need for it, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t do it.

I think a 240 rad is possible (I have one coming from China that should fit). I plan to mount a 120 fan nearest the PSU end with some shrouded triple 40mm fans on the Mobo and GPU side.

Last edited:

NHammersley

Efficiency Noob
Dec 16, 2019
Thanks so much for the reply @AlexTzone!

I had watched both your air cooling and water cooling guide but I shall re-watch them and figure out which parts ill need in-terms of fans and AIO. I'll also look into the SF750 as it sounds like a dream!

are the components you use in the video the best for the purpose or are there others that you'd say compete with them? I'm trying to keep costs down but optimising the performance!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I’m a little sad to see the case feet changed b/c I loved V2, but I understand the purpose of the change. I just hope the distance between the desk and bottom of the case doesn’t choke the airflow like these silicon feet tend to do.

The other changes are great, and I look forward to being able to use some of the larger 120 AIOs if I need to. :)

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
I’m a little sad to see the case feet changed b/c I loved V2, but I understand the purpose of the change. I just hope the distance between the desk and bottom of the case doesn’t choke the airflow like these silicon feet tend to do.

The other changes are great, and I look forward to being able to use some of the larger 120 AIOs if I need to. :)

I feel the same. I thought that the V2 feet was perfect and if anything, silicon feet would have been added to them with adhesive. The more it sits off the desk, the better. Even mm counts.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I feel the same. I thought that the V2 feet was perfect and if anything, silicon feet would have been added to them with adhesive. The more it sits off the desk, the better. Even mm counts.

This was my exact plan, actually! The V2 feet looked like they were made for this!

Reactions: keepcoding

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I just found this case and I can say I am really interested in its look and fantastic build quality. This looks completely endgame for me. I just had some questions regarding hardware fit.

From what I see you can have a 120mm AIO and a 120x15 fan under the mobo, if you go with the AIO (either 15 or 25 fan) does it restrict your possible gpu's?

What is the biggest gpu you can fit, to get an idea on other ones? Can you fit a 5700XT Pulse? (this won't go in a DanA4)

I have a x570i Aorus, there won't be any issues with the case?

And for the creator? @AlexTzone , my CC won't have sufficient funds until the 22nd (I've used much of my available credit of the month). If I pledge will my card deny it? Kickstarter says the goal ends in 7 days, I would have enough money for that day.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Going to reply to everyone tomorrow, but the feet are still exact same dimensions as V1 and V2. So 100x10x5mm (L-W-H). Actually they are the exact same form as V1, i.e. rounded rather than flat. Custom made for MJOLNIR (mold).

They are ressesed into the shell by 2mm (so technically the feet are 7mm tall), for better stability and more premiumnes (no visible tape etc).

I think it’s best to post a couple more renderings, the pic on the update wasn’t from a good angle ?

Last edited:

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch

I also don't like the new case feet and don't really see why it has been changed. I agree that one can always add some adhesive pads to the V2 feet to protect the desk or have less vibrations.
Also, if someone wants more clearance to the desk, there is basically no way to do this (other than putting something under the case, which wont look good).

The V3 feet are less durable and may fall off over time or when moving the loaded case. Aluminium feet on the other hand look better and wont wear.
@AlexTzone: how many pairs of feet do you intend to include? The way I see it we will need several.

[edit] I know, we are complaining on a high level at this point. But I guess that is a good sign ;-)

Last edited:

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
At this point, the riser cable clearance is probably the only important issue that hasn't been fixed yet.
I think it is also the most requested fix when looking at the comments section on Kickstarter. Did you find a workaround for this?
A good fix has been proposed by a few of us some pages back:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/huge-update-—-mjolnir-the-minimalistic-–-but-not-boring-–-9-7l-case.3500/page-74#post-176094

If you are concerned about people jumping off when you scrap the 240mm AIO support, you could do a quick poll before making the changes. I think everyone should know at this point that 120mm AIO + 15mm case fan is the way to go.

Last edited:

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017

shame it won’t fit this case.

The testing I've seen with the ProSyphon leaves a lot to be desired honestly. For starters they are using a pair of Delta industrial fans at full speed (4000 rpm) which easily produce 50dB+ of noise. If you stuck the same fans on any other major tower cooler/AIO that they've compared it against, you'd see this thing wouldn't compare favorably at all.

I'm not totally sold on the dialectic fluid filled heatpipe approach either; the thermal capacity, conduction and heat of evaporation of water simply outpaces any currently available dielectric fluid to date at the temperature band that CPUs operate. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for continued research into how to optimize heatpipe based cooling solutions, but what's been shown so far leaves a lot to be desired.

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
Perhaps, although exhausting the AIO heat into the chassis was always a bit of a derpy setup. Its derpy as it is for larger builds, but particular derpy for SFF. Always best to dump heat directly out of the chassis instead of depending on secondary effects to exhaust the heat from the AIO which is being blown into a confined space.

It depends on your case airflow. Sometimes it is better to supply the radiator with fresh air from outside the case. For example, Corsair states: "For best cooling performance, we recommend mounting the fan as an air intake to your PC case." If you have a GPU that is dumping hot air inside the case, then supplying cooler outside air to the radiator could perform better than pushing warmer air through the radiator as exhaust. Bitwit and Optimum Tech both have good videos comparing intake/exhaust and radiator orientation that demonstrate some counter-intuitive results. Again, it really depends on orientation, and available airflow paths in your particular case.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

I also don't like the new case feet and don't really see why it has been changed. I agree that one can always add some adhesive pads to the V2 feet to protect the desk or have less vibrations.
Also, if someone wants more clearance to the desk, there is basically no way to do this (other than putting something under the case, which wont look good).

The V3 feet are less durable and may fall off over time or when moving the loaded case. Aluminium feet on the other hand look better and wont wear.
@AlexTzone: how many pairs of feet do you intend to include? The way I see it we will need several.

[edit] I know, we are complaining on a high level at this point. But I guess that is a good sign ;-)

There's actually a gooood reason for this change. We had to change the feet in order to make the case unibody again ? Feet V2 would add way to much machining time to the extruded shell, so we had to redo the feet to be a separate piece. That's the main reason, the second reason we changed to silicone was after talking to Ali & testing vibration noise. The third reason was because Oscar complained about MJOLNIR having bad grip / scratching up his table lol.

Totally, for me at least, I have two m.2 slots on my itx motherboard and any media storage is on a NAS.

For dimensions / models, I'm thinking its really the front of the internal structure plate (green in diagram below) where the 2.5" bays sit. The distro plate could be attached to the frame with loop fully assembled within the internal structure.

Additionally, it might be possible to mod the front solid panel and replace with a open frame (to hold the vents in place). This would then give visibility to the distro plate or could be used to hold front mounted fans (subject to dimensions).

Interesting! Should be possible to attach the distro to the screw holes for the drive bay. You'll have 20mm of height to work with (unless you remove the front cap, in which case it would be 25mm) :) Cool, I'll get those dimensions!

Thanks so much for the reply @AlexTzone!

I had watched both your air cooling and water cooling guide but I shall re-watch them and figure out which parts ill need in-terms of fans and AIO. I'll also look into the SF750 as it sounds like a dream!

are the components you use in the video the best for the purpose or are there others that you'd say compete with them? I'm trying to keep costs down but optimising the performance!

Anytime friend!

If you have an SF600 you'll be absolutely fine too, I've used that PSU & MJOLNIR for approx. 6 months now without any problems :)

IMO, those components are pretty good (excluding the CPU and GPU). However, if I'd rebuild my MJOLNIR today (which I will as soon as we get the first production units) I'd swap the Corsair H55 for their H60 V2. Also, low-profile RAM will make it a LOT easier to route the AIO tubes. We used tall RGB ram in all our build despite this, sometimes you really want that extra RGB...?

@AlexTzone

Anyone know of other AIO's that might also fit? Like this one below.

http://www.gamerstorm.com/product/cpuliquidcooler/2016-04/1286_5089.shtml

I'd love to see a comparison of all 120MM aios that might fit in this case with the updates. That would be helpful for those with extreme hardware trying to squeeze every degree of room.

@For_Science had a great list of compatible AIOs, and more of them should fit now. Perhaps he can repost it again? ?

I just found this case and I can say I am really interested in its look and fantastic build quality. This looks completely endgame for me. I just had some questions regarding hardware fit.

From what I see you can have a 120mm AIO and a 120x15 fan under the mobo, if you go with the AIO (either 15 or 25 fan) does it restrict your possible gpu's?

What is the biggest gpu you can fit, to get an idea on other ones? Can you fit a 5700XT Pulse? (this won't go in a DanA4)

I have a x570i Aorus, there won't be any issues with the case?

And for the creator? @AlexTzone , my CC won't have sufficient funds until the 22nd (I've used much of my available credit of the month). If I pledge will my card deny it? Kickstarter says the goal ends in 7 days, I would have enough money for that day.

Epic, let me get right to it:

AIO
- Will not restrict your GPU at all

GPU
- Go here, click "+" and scroll. There you have detailed dimensions for pretty much every component you can install in MJOLNIR. The 5700XT Pulse will fit.

x570i Aorus
- I think Ali Sayed (OptimumTech) used this motherboard for MJOLNIR, so it will definitely work :)

Credit card
- You will be totally fine then, your card will be charged on November 26.

I know it's in here somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it...where's the updated list of compatible clearances for things like the AIO or fans?

It's all the way at the bottom of the campaign (or go here, click "+" and scroll) ✌

At this point, the riser cable clearance is probably the only important issue that hasn't been fixed yet.
I think it is also the most requested fix when looking at the comments section on Kickstarter. Did you find a workaround for this?
A good fix has been proposed by a few of us some pages back:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/huge-update-—-mjolnir-the-minimalistic-–-but-not-boring-–-9-7l-case.3500/page-74#post-176094

If you are concerned about people jumping off when you scrap the 240mm AIO support, you could do a quick poll before making the changes. I think everyone should know at this point that 120mm AIO + 15mm case fan is the way to go.

That one is tricky, still working on it (testing a couple of different solutions). Should have something in the next update :)