• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
What type of shipping will you be using?

I ask because as a backer of Sentry 1.1 (sea freight) and Sentry 2.0 (DHL express), the Sentry 2.0 shipping experience has been markedly better.

Sea freight to Hubs in US, Canada, Europe, and Australia. Shipping a 4.5kg package from China to US with DHL express would be super smooth but expensive, that's why we have to use sea. All other countries in our shipping list are delivered by air freight, but are also more expensive.

Hi there. Interested to back this and secure a case, however I’ve backed projects before where fortunately I was one of the lucky ones that received the product, I also watched as hundreds of backers vented online at never being sent anything. Do you see yourselves as being able to competently fill the current pledges with the funds already raised? Or is there already a shortfall, or perhaps plans to relocate to the Bahamas for an extended sabbatical? I know it’s hard to guarantee anything online, just thought I’d see what your response might be...

Fulfill pledges
- We've done a lot of homework (calculating productions costs, sea freight, warehousing, taxes, fulfillment routes, etc), so I'm very confident that we can deliver the MJOLNIRs. We also have emergency funds in case of unexpected costs.

Shortfall or is it enough?
- We've quoted every part at different quantities. The minimum economically feasible (including some margins for production errors) quantity turned out to be 150 units, which was our KS goal (SEK 585.000). At almost SEK 2.000.000 we not only have more emergency funds (i.e. our own margins to inject if something goes wrong), but also optimal economies of scale (unit price of CNC flattens out after approx. 400 units, and we're at 500 now). It's a sweet-spot really:
  • 500 units have a LOT better economies of scale than 150 units
  • 500 units are not significantly more expensive (unit wise) than 1.000, 2.000,..., 10.000
  • 500 units are a LOT easier to fulfill than 1.000, 2.000,..., 10.000

Run away to Bahamas?
- If there's one thing I can't stand, it's burning to a crisp on a boring beach! No but seriously, we've been developing this for 3 years now...I just can't see how anybody (let alone us) would be capable of doing something like that just to scam somebody. In reality it seems most startups that fail, do so for naive reasons (underestimating the costs and complexity) rather than being malicious.

Last edited:

alycon

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 20, 2019
Yes I would agree with that latter scenario, simply in the position of no longer being able to fulfill the order due to unforeseen problems and escalations in cost - ie an earthquake wiped out the plant u we’re gonna use etc etc.

Anyway, it is great to be able to see the timeline here, and I appreciate the response. I think I will take a risk and back one in. The design is great, I was originally looking at the Ghost S1 but I appreciate the extra roominess here, as well as some of the other design decisions.

It’s great you have a really open approach to feedback, seems like some critique has only gone a long way to make your offering better. Good luck with the run home in the campaign and all the best on the journey thereafter.

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Sea freight to Hubs in US, Canada, Europe, and Australia. Shipping a 4.5kg package from China to US with DHL express would be super smooth but expensive, that's why we have to use sea. All other countries in our shipping list are delivered by air freight, but are also more expensive.

Does this mean those who get it by air freight will get it 2-3 weeks before the other backers?

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Congratulations. It's over 2,000,000 SEK

We've been watching the project together since three years ago.

It was very sad when the first project was put on hold.

But thanks for coming back to a more perfect case.

I hope the production will be completed perfectly.

Good luck.

Last edited:

mindyoursoul

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 1, 2019
Just pledged the last 76 SEK so you now reached the 2 mill. - as a fellow Swede and Göteborgare I just had to!
I bought my first SFF case from a seller off this forum last week and if I had any more money left, I'd pledge for a case but at least you now reached your stretch goal!

You guys done an amazing job! Keep it up!

Mvh en go gubbe

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Does this mean those who get it by air freight will get it 2-3 weeks before the other backers?

Yes, but the price tag on air freight is almost double/tripple so both methods have their pros and cons.

I backed in the basic unit ☺ looking forward! Thought I was gonna tip the last stretch goal over the edge for a second but realised my counting of SEK was a bit off ?

Thanks for the support friend! Haha it was really close, but hey now it's unlocked and everyone gets the Shield! ??

You can fit 2 x 92mm / 1 x 120mm fan there with some modding, going to be interesting to see what you guys come up with!

Congratulations. It's over 2,000,000 SEK

We've been watching the project together since three years ago.

It was very sad when the first project was put on hold.

But thanks for coming back to a more perfect case.

I hope the production will be completed perfectly.

Good luck.

Thanks so much Lee! It's been great having your support throughout the years, really means a lot! ?

Just pledged the last 76 SEK so you now reached the 2 mill. - as a fellow Swede and Göteborgare I just had to!
I bought my first SFF case from a seller off this forum last week and if I had any more money left, I'd pledge for a case but at least you now reached your stretch goal!

You guys done an amazing job! Keep it up!

Mvh en go gubbe

Hallåelle, riktigt go gubbe!
I took a look at the progress and noticed the very suspicious 2,000,000 ? Absolute legend, thanks a lot!

Reactions: keepcoding

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Just pledged it!

@AlexTzone ,

to the front panel, do u think it can be cut out to install 2 x case fans as i dont need sdd.

Amazing! ? Yes the front cap cap be cut to fit those, but cramming 2 of them in there will be pretty hard. Another alternative is to remove the whole frontal cap + grills and fit a 120 mm or 2 x 92mm fans a lot easier.

Reactions: danny.nguyen

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I find it so weird people want to blow air onto the side of the PSU....wonder if it would achieve anything more than adding more noise to the system.

Reactions: Brude27

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
It would be useful as an exhaust, seeing as a lot of heat is exhausted through the frontal grill (using AIO + pull config for the fan) ?
Perhaps, although exhausting the AIO heat into the chassis was always a bit of a derpy setup. Its derpy as it is for larger builds, but particular derpy for SFF. Always best to dump heat directly out of the chassis instead of depending on secondary effects to exhaust the heat from the AIO which is being blown into a confined space.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Looking at the design for the revised uni body, the the case front may lend itself to a front mounted pump / distro plate as part of internal frame.

@AlexTzone Do you have a 3D file you would be willing to share with a model of the internal structure?

NHammersley

Efficiency Noob
Dec 16, 2019
Hi @AlexTzone,

First off I love your product I think it looks amazing and I've backed the kick-starter for a Mjolnir S !! ? I just had a couple of questions, one about the stretch goal and the next about SFF builds as I've built a couple of computers before but I'm new to SFF and the SFF community!

first question was about the Shield of Founders, I saw you said everyone who's backed for a Mjolnir S onwards will get one but will I still receive one if I select the Performance Panels or do I have to select the Tempered Glass panels to receive the Shield of Founders?

My next question is about SFF builds in the Mjolnir (anyone is welcome to chip in as-well with opinions and knowledge etc!) but I'm looking to build a machine powerful enough for my software as I do 2D&3D Art and Animation so I need something to run primarily Photoshop, Maya, Zbrush etc. I've spent a lot of time researching parts and builds but as I've not built an SFF PC before I was wondering about sizing and cooling. So far I'm leaning towards an intel I9-9900k/i7-9700k for the single threaded performance as-well as multiple cores for rendering and GPU wise thinking of something like the RTX 2060 super EVGA.

I'm unsure about power supplies but I believe I need to stick to SFX (considering corsair sf600 SFX) I'm just wondering if size wise all of these would be fine and if you know any good mini-ITX motherboards that will fit in the Mjolnir and also support m.2 nvme (I was also hoping for something with a USB-C port like the ASUS LGA1151 ROG STRIX Z390-I).

As I said I'm new to SFF builds but am really looking forward to building in the Mjolnir and was just looking for feedback and help from you guys as you all know so much more than I do!! If anyone has any good links to guides and information for building SFF PC's to help me learn more that would be really helpful too! so far I've been looking up a lot online and watching people like Optimum Tech. I also wasn't sure whether it would be best to water or air cool the system for what I'm wanting to do in order to keep temps as low as possible and noise down.

Sorry for the long message and if anything seems a silly question, but I'm looking forward to your guys' response and building in the Mjolnir!! congrats on reaching 2,000,000 SEK !!!

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Are you planning on doing any other tests (or shipping out for reviewers) of the newer revised units with the new unibody/performance panels? I would be interested to see what the difference is.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Looking at the design for the revised uni body, the the case front may lend itself to a front mounted pump / distro plate as part of internal frame.

@AlexTzone Do you have a 3D file you would be willing to share with a model of the internal structure?

Woah that's an epic idea!! TBH who needs 2.5" drives anymore lol? Will have to think about the 3D model, but I can definitely help out with the internal dimensions :) Just let me know which numbers you wants to know.

Hi @AlexTzone,

First off I love your product I think it looks amazing and I've backed the kick-starter for a Mjolnir S !! ? I just had a couple of questions, one about the stretch goal and the next about SFF builds as I've built a couple of computers before but I'm new to SFF and the SFF community!

first question was about the Shield of Founders, I saw you said everyone who's backed for a Mjolnir S onwards will get one but will I still receive one if I select the Performance Panels or do I have to select the Tempered Glass panels to receive the Shield of Founders?

My next question is about SFF builds in the Mjolnir (anyone is welcome to chip in as-well with opinions and knowledge etc!) but I'm looking to build a machine powerful enough for my software as I do 2D&3D Art and Animation so I need something to run primarily Photoshop, Maya, Zbrush etc. I've spent a lot of time researching parts and builds but as I've not built an SFF PC before I was wondering about sizing and cooling. So far I'm leaning towards an intel I9-9900k/i7-9700k for the single threaded performance as-well as multiple cores for rendering and GPU wise thinking of something like the RTX 2060 super EVGA.

I'm unsure about power supplies but I believe I need to stick to SFX (considering corsair sf600 SFX) I'm just wondering if size wise all of these would be fine and if you know any good mini-ITX motherboards that will fit in the Mjolnir and also support m.2 nvme (I was also hoping for something with a USB-C port like the ASUS LGA1151 ROG STRIX Z390-I).

As I said I'm new to SFF builds but am really looking forward to building in the Mjolnir and was just looking for feedback and help from you guys as you all know so much more than I do!! If anyone has any good links to guides and information for building SFF PC's to help me learn more that would be really helpful too! so far I've been looking up a lot online and watching people like Optimum Tech. I also wasn't sure whether it would be best to water or air cool the system for what I'm wanting to do in order to keep temps as low as possible and noise down.

Sorry for the long message and if anything seems a silly question, but I'm looking forward to your guys' response and building in the Mjolnir!! congrats on reaching 2,000,000 SEK !!!

Amazing, thanks so much for the support friend! ? Alright I'll get right to it:

Shield of Founders
- No matter which panel type you select, you'll still get the shield!

Your build (my 2 cents)
- Definitely AIO cool your CPU (the GPU will be absolutely fine with the improved Performance Panels).
- Definitely go for the SFX PSU so that you can install an AIO. SF600 is epic, SF750 is even more awesome and will not ramp up nearly as much at similar loads.

Btw, have you by any chance seen the AIO guide with me? It try to carefully go through each step, so it may be useful when you start your build :)

Are you planning on doing any other tests (or shipping out for reviewers) of the newer revised units with the new unibody/performance panels? I would be interested to see what the difference is.

Yeah definitely! First, our own thermal tests have to be revised with the improved side panels. Second, would love to see both the production unit & prototype side by side (the difference will be pretty epic). So as soon as we get the first sample, I'll send them out :)