• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi guys, I’m new here and just wanted to share my upcoming Mjolnir build with you.
This will be my first SFF build, so I’m open for every constructive and helpfull advise.

I already have all parts at home (except case and custom cables) and tested them.
My plan is a vertical build with the Borg and the Booster-Cell on top.

MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-I

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (16-19-19-39)

GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 XC3

M.2: Samsung 2TB 990 Pro

PSU: Corsair SF750

AIO: Kraken M22 120

Fans: 2x Noctua NF A12x15 1x A12x25 (all Chromax Black)

CC: ordered white custom cables at pexonpcs.co.uk

Parts are combined from the TZone Homepage, the LTT video and own preferences.
As soon as my case will arrive, I can share some pictures an infos how this build works if somebody is interested.
Looking forward to here your opinions.

@AlexTzone can you maybe give some infos about the Borg? Is there some kind of "manual", how will it work with the cables?
Also can you please clearify, if the additional cases that you talked about, are already included in your list or not?
My order (#2767-B2) is near to the queued ones. If mine is not in the actual shipping round, will it arrive in the week from 9.-13.?
I'm on holiday at Nyköping right now till the 8., after that I have one more week free time, this was planned for the build.
Please don't give me bad news, or i will visit you at my way home and pick one case up from you 😂😊😊

Sorry for this long first post 😊

Haha now I wish I had the case here so you could pick it up in person, would be fun 😄

So we did this:
• The queued case have been shipped and all tracking numbers are sent.
• We are currently preparing 120+ additional cases to be picked up asap
So yours will be in that shipment of 120+, and it will take 3-5 business days to send them to our freight forwarder, then they will take something like 2-3 days to ship all of them.

Regarding the BORG, we are working on an instruction manual now that will be available on the website.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Norem

Efficiency Noob
Dec 30, 2022
Haha now I wish I had the case here so you could pick it up in person, would be fun 😄

So we did this:
• The queued case have been shipped and all tracking numbers are sent.
• We are currently preparing 120+ additional cases to be picked up asap
So yours will be in that shipment of 120+, and it will take 3-5 business days to send them to our freight forwarder, then they will take something like 2-3 days to ship all of them.

Regarding the BORG, we are working on an instruction manual now that will be available on the website.
Thanks for the info.
Pick it up directly from you would have been fun. I also tought about visiting you, but i did not really understand where you are located, in Norrköping like it's wrote in the manuals or in Göteborg like it's said on Twitter?

So if I understand it right, if everything works fine, there is a good chance to get the case in my free week?

Really looking forward to build this thing.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I've had zero issues with mine once I got it working. I've got a specific combo of motherboard & PSU that is especially finicky (Gigabyte AMD motherboard & SF750 PSU), but once that was sorted it's been flawless.
what was finicky about your combo of PSU and MOBO?

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
what was finicky about your combo of PSU and MOBO?
I’m not sure of the specifics but I know it only affects Gigabyte AM4 motherboards in conjunction with the SF750 Platinum PSU & only with a batch made during some supply chain issues. I believe there was a substitution that this particular combo is particularly sensitive to & refuses to POST with.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Reactions: Artimunor

asamsonas

Efficiency Noob
Dec 20, 2020
I'm thinking about get an RX 7900 XT (not the XTX) and would like to know if it works with Mjolnir in terms of depth (it has 51.25mm and the Mjolnir spec says it must have less than 51.0mm) and in terms of temperature

cakePlease

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2017
What can i do in this instance, i really dont want to have to buy an adapter.
4-pin NF-A12x15 fan to the Booster Cell fan headers do not match up.

cakePlease

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2017
So my attempt to build my new rig using the Gigabyte B650i Ultra has failed. I believe this mb may be a bit too large, therefore not allowing the riser card to fit into the case. Anyone having the same issue? The case actually knick a bit of the riser card's insulation off, but i think it's still working fine

cakePlease

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2017
theres a "BC Link" that looks like an adapter for the fans. is it included? i dont have the booster cell yet but took a look at the manual

There is, and that is installed. I guess i am confused, do i really even need to plug the booster cell fan into that little fan header? @AlexTzone

Edit: actually, yes, i do. The booster cell fan needs to be plugged in somewhere, duh

Last edited:

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
So my attempt to build my new rig using the Gigabyte B650i Ultra has failed. I believe this mb may be a bit too large, therefore not allowing the riser card to fit into the case. Anyone having the same issue? The case actually knick a bit of the riser card's insulation off, but i think it's still working fine
having that situation with my aSUS.. it is running fine no worries.