Mini itx case advice needed

decimusbell

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 4, 2018
looking to build a sff PC. But i have specific requirements.
The spec of the PC i have pretty much decided.

Intel Core i5
Asus ROG strix mini itx z730
16gb corsair lpx
Samsung m2 970 evo
corsair sfx 450

But i have 2 issues.
1- this PC will be on all day every day, so decent cooling is a must- so i'd like to have room for case fans and a 240mm aio cooler- like the corsair h100pro.

2- But more importantly the PC will use on-board graphics. There is no need for a GPU or even space for a GPU.
Annoyingly most cases these days are restricted in design to allow for a full length gpu, which i don't need. So im looking for a case where the space usually taken up for a GPU can be used for a 240mm radiator. I've seen someone try this with a dan a4 case, but it looks awful and very squashed- not great for airflow.

The only case ive found that might do the trick is from Modivio- who say i can install a 240mm rad in the space for a gpu using their Large case. But its not ideal and its very expensive. see attached mock up

Any advice about sff cases where cooling is the priority would be great. Thanks in advance.

Russell

Viccer

What's an ITX?
Oct 3, 2018
Great cache!
But this is a bit of an old generation of processors
If I would like to use a powerful processor, I would use the one required to play Path of Exile - the most popular game that is still very strong on the market and can give extraordinary benefits. How many people play Path of Exile just because they want their character power to be the best. If Tencet needs money, and it is possible - it will probably reach for PoE in order to earn some Currency. Meanwhile, a statement was issued, according to some interpretations it means you should buy PoE Orbs on Odealo, because only thanks to this you will be safe. A secure transaction should take place and be documented using screen shots. When you buy currency and orbs, you need to take a screenshot when you move your exalted orbs to the trading window. I often bought Exalted orbs, but most people prefer to play the game using traditional methods. If you want to buy PoE orbs, you will buy them quickly and in the most comfortable way only on Odealo https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile
So... We meet again and we are speaking about so important things now. What I know about this thread?Our thread is buy and sell currency, buy and sell... PoE Currency! So if you want to buy poe currency, you have be sure about price od orbs that you need. Buy only cheap PoE currency

Last edited:

NOKYARD

Trash Compacter
Jul 7, 2018
Do you really need a liquid cooler for a non-overclocked processor?

My GFs computer uses an i3 8100 with a $14 cooler and rarely goes above 50 degrees. Paired with a better air cooler like the Noctua NH L9i, for example, you should not have any issues running 24/7.

Reactions: el01

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
I stopped reading after core i5, iGPU and AIO cooling.

Are you OCing the i5 into i9 perhaps?

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
A small point you may not be aware of is the use of the Corsair h100. It’s a great, reliable product. Many consider it a standard in aio coolers. But in my opinion, it is very hard to use with sff cases because of the long, thick, and rigid hoses it uses.

That said, where are you located and what is your ideal budget on the case? Oh and are you looking exclusively console style cases.