CPU + GPU on 240mm AIO?

cfortney

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 4, 2017
www.chrisfortney.com
Hi All,

I've been drooling over the Lian LI PC-05s for a long, long time now. I've been waiting forever for anything to come out of this community that is truly mini ITX, liquid cooling support, and a nice window to show off a vertical GPU. It looks like Dan's next project may accomplish this, but I've been waiting for years to move on from my Silverstone SG-13 and I can't wait any longer!

So my issue is that a lot of people built in the PC-05s with the Swiftech H220x which is now discontinued and impossible to find at a reasonable price. Here's an example from PCPartPicker of a full loop in the case with that setup:

From what I understand, the AIO mounting area can fit a 240mm radiator with a max height of 60mm with fans attached. What options do I have to cool my CPU (7700k) and GPU (GTX 1080) in this thing? I don't think I can reasonably fit a full custom loop with pump + resevoir unless you all know of something extremely small form factor. I'm not looking for any crazy overclocks, I know a single 240mm rad is basically bare minimum for a CPU+GPU.