Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

yendi

Efficiency Noob
Jul 3, 2021
Hello everyone, I want to move from a full custom loop in an ATX case to a AIO + GPU air with my current configuration: 5900X + 3090 FTW3 on a Crosshair VIII Impact.
My plan it to put a Z63 on the CPU and put the stock air-cooling on the 3090. To be able to keep my motherboard, I saw the PCI Riser issue: It is recommended to use a dual reverse cable (like this one) but with at least 20cm. Those cable are nowhere to be found in France/europe. Would this one work ? it's not the Dual reverse, just the GPU side.
I am not looking for best esthetics, just something reliable and easy to build as I am not of the most patient guy.

Thanks !

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
I've been doing extensive research on which DDC/Pump Reservoir to buy for my SSUPD Meshlicious ITX dual radiator build (this is why I'm limited to more options than a single traditional 280mm build).

I crossed shopped:
  • Bykski CPU/Res/Pump combo - too tall in 4 slot GPU mode.
  • Barrow CPU/Res/Pump combo - too tall in 4 slot GPU mode.
  • Nouvolo Aquanaut CPU/Pump - doesn't have a res.
  • Phanteks R160C - way too long, I have it in my hands and it's going to be really tough fitting into a dual radiator space - too much work creating new mounts in Fusion 360 - pass.
  • IceMan Cooler Meshlicious External Pump - my original choice but prefer I to cram everything into the build if possible.
  • Barrow Mini ITX Pump/Res - this was my second choice as it barely fits in theory with all my components in the case.

But as I was about to pull the trigger on the Barrow Mini ITX Pump/Res, I stumbled across this new product that IceMan Cooler quietly released a couple days ago. It seems to be a tiny pump/reservoir for DDC compatible pumps, it's super thin and should be able to fit into my Meshlicious more nicely. That being said, looking at the diagram it seems like the mounting plate is actually the backplate so I'm assuming it cannot be removed (if you look into the hole of the DDC mount, you can see the nickel back plating).

Anyways, I thought I'd share this new discovery with this thread as I'm been stressing out on SFF/ITX pump/res components lol.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I've been doing extensive research on which DDC/Pump Reservoir to buy for my SSUPD Meshlicious ITX dual radiator build (this is why I'm limited to more options than a single traditional 280mm build).

I crossed shopped:
  • Phanteks R160C - way too long, I have it in my hands and it's going to be really tough fitting into a dual radiator space - too much work creating new mounts in Fusion 360 - pass.
  • IceMan Cooler Meshlicious External Pump - my original choice but prefer I to cram everything into the build if possible.
  • Barrow Mini ITX Pump/Res - this was my second choice as it barely fits in theory with all my components in the case.

But as I was about to pull the trigger on the Barrow Mini ITX Pump/Res, I stumbled across this new product that IceMan Cooler quietly released a couple days ago. It seems to be a tiny pump/reservoir for DDC compatible pumps, it's super thin and should be able to fit into my Meshlicious more nicely. That being said, looking at the diagram it seems like the mounting plate is actually the backplate so I'm assuming it cannot be removed (if you look into the hole of the DDC mount, you can see the nickel back plating).

Anyways, I thought I'd share this new discovery with this thread as I'm been stressing out on SFF/ITX pump/res components lol.
That is a nice find, I can see alot of people using this in a lot of different SFF cases.

Reactions: illusive

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
That being said, looking at the diagram it seems like the mounting plate is actually the backplate so I'm assuming it cannot be removed (if you look into the hole of the DDC mount, you can see the nickel back plating).
yeah, I think it's a single plate. though that doesn't stop you from making a custom plate for whatever mod you need. Super nice find man! I think this is what the Alphacool 1U DDC res (leak-prone) should have been.

Reactions: illusive and jives

yendi

Efficiency Noob
Jul 3, 2021
I'm interested as well. or are there any available on UK amazon that I can get? as SSUPD black with riser 4.0 is sold out.
Hey I got the 4.0 standalone but will not be compatible with my Crosshair, I can sell it to you if you want? Brand new in the box, purchased price?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
That Iceman pump+res is interesting, but is that base plate actually nickel-plated copper? It doesn't say anywhere from what I can tell, and it kind of looks like brushed aluminium, which ... no thanks. Not adding that complication to my loop.

@illusive My suolution to the Auquanaut not having a res:

It's an EK flow indicator with the rotor removed, plus some anti-bubble foam from an old pump+res combo stuffed into it to keep bubbles from being sucked into the pump. Works wonderfully - my only "regret" is that the rear acrylic part is really thick, and the res volume could probably be doubled by drilling it out. (It's that thick to anchor the centre post for the rotor.) That sounds too risky though, and it does the job excellently. Though looking at it now after using it for a couple of weeks after filling, I should top it up :p

yendi

Efficiency Noob
Jul 3, 2021
Can someone tell me if the 3090 FTW3 Ultra is noisy inside the case?
I see everything, some people says it's loud AF (seen here) other says its the most quiet 3090 you can find... Has someone a feedback? My computer is in the living room, I don't want a divorce !

• Haha
Reactions: Sashby

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Can someone tell me if the 3090 FTW3 Ultra is noisy inside the case?
I see everything, some people says it's loud AF (seen here) other says its the most quiet 3090 you can find... Has someone a feedback? My computer is in the living room, I don't want a divorce !
I have the 3080 Ti FTW3 and it's silent under normal operation. Even under gaming load, I find my AIO fans (NZXT Z63 stock AER-P fans) get louder than my GPU fans do. Just make sure it's not right up against the mesh since it may make it work harder than it needs to to bring the cool air in.

yendi

Efficiency Noob
Jul 3, 2021
I have the 3080 Ti FTW3 and it's silent under normal operation. Even under gaming load, I find my AIO fans (NZXT Z63 stock AER-P fans) get louder than my GPU fans do. Just make sure it's not right up against the mesh since it may make it work harder than it needs to to bring the cool air in.
Thanks ! I will have the same setup: Z63 (with noctua 12x25) for 5900X and 3090 FTW3.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020

I crossed shopped:

my friend this may solve my pump res dilemma. i was considering doing dual DC-LT 2600 but this might be better indeed. Which DDC pump is a good combo of performance and noise? Is the Swiftech MCP-50x noisy for instance? would it even fit on it? I could just reuse the VTX pump that came with the res but that's a waste of money alas.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Will be trying to stuff this into my Meshy later (though possibly not today or tomorrow - got a deadline for a conference paper coming up). Wish me luck!

According to the specs it's incompatible at 163mm tall (spec says 155mm), though either SSUPD and PowerColor measure things differently, or me going for a 30mm rad rather than the initially planned 38mm one saved me, as a rough "hold it as close to in place as you can without pulling the current GPU" test shows that it should be doable with some mm to spare (though whether I'll be able to get it into the riser's slot is another question entirely!).

bloodyshogun

Efficiency Noob
Jul 8, 2021
I'm still working on a dual rad setup, just don't find the time to finish it. Here is a work in progress pic from the GPU side with the 240 rad fitted using a custom laser cut bracket.
For radiators I'm using an Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper V2 280mm + 2 x Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax (black) and an Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper V2 240mm + 2 x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax (black). The pump is an Alphacool Laing DDC310 + EK-XTOP DDC. No reservoir.
If it's worth the hassle? Don't know (yet), but maybe this is the wrong forum to ask such a question 😉

Uglobu, I have the same bracket just laser printed. I have a question, and wondering if you could help. For the extra screw drilled to the top and bottom bracket. I think I'll need to countersunk after drilling. Did you do that and do you know which countersunk bit you used? Were the screws included with the case M3 countersunk? or 6/32 countersunk? I have aluminum lasercut, so I can probably directly tap it with screws, but figured I might do it right and tap it properly first.

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
Well, after spending like $200 alone on just EKWB STC fittings, I didn't want to spend more money on experimental pump/res hoping it will fit my build. I really love the look of the Iceman Cooler external pump/res but man at $100 for just a res and having to wait a couple weeks from China was a deal breaker for me especially when I bought my R160C Pump + Res for like $60 from eBay (auction). I was going to temporarily mount my Phanteks R160C until I examined my case closer and found out that I can actually remove the rear metal piece protruding from the my case and use that space to mount my R160C pump/res. I designed a mount for my Great Value Iceman Cooler pump/res. I spent an entire day to get the holes alignment correct and it utilizes existing holes (no drilling) and existing screws (no additional screws required). It's super sturdy and I - kind of like it. It may actually stay permanently.

If anyone cares for this very niche specific mod, I'll post it up on my Thingiverse.

Bonus points if anyone can figure out what kind of DDC pump it is, I bought it used on eBay and it works but can't figure which version of DDC it is. Pump is made by Koolance and just says DDC-3 Koolance. My limited research has lead to me thinking it's a Koolance PMP-400 Pump based on the cable (3 pin? Non-PWM?) which apparently is an equivalent of a DDC 3.25?

Last edited:
Reactions: damnre and rfarmer

Stargazer

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
I bought Arctic P14 PWMs for my Z63. Since the Meshlicious isn't out here yet, the cooler is out of the case and I’m happy with the fans. You should try them.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I bought Arctic P14 PWMs for my Z63. Since the Meshlicious isn't out here yet, the cooler is out of the case and I’m happy with the fans. You should try them.
Seconding that - the P14s on my Corsair 280mm rad are dead silent at idle (well, I only run one of them at idle), but even at full tilt they're impressively quiet. Gaming with open-backed headphones I can't hear them over the game audio.

asdfgdfgdfsg

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 8, 2021
Did someone try to mount this EK pump res combo directly to the radiator port in front of the PSU? From my measurements it could actually fit. (3 Slot GPU mode)