Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
I've been 3D modeling a bunch of little bits for the case, I came up with this idea today and just started printing to mock up the design while waiting for my radiators to come in. Since I'm building a dual loop system, there's no way (at least in theory as I don't have my radiators to mock up yet) that I can do the motherboard stand-off mod where I push the GPU out a couple more mm for cabling since my GPU will be there alongside with a 20mm radiator & 15mm fans. So since I've been 3D printing like crazy, I figured this might suffice for the time being. I'm currently making some changes to the cover (better hole alignment, printing in white, and other things).

Reactions: JDuval

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I've been 3D modeling a bunch of little bits for the case, I came up with this idea today and just started printing to mock up the design while waiting for my radiators to come in. Since I'm building a dual loop system, there's no way (at least in theory as I don't have my radiators to mock up yet) that I can do the motherboard stand-off mod where I push the GPU out a couple more mm for cabling since my GPU will be there alongside with a 20mm radiator & 15mm fans. So since I've been 3D printing like crazy, I figured this might suffice for the time being. I'm currently making some changes to the cover (better hole alignment, printing in white, and other things).

Hm, won't that block a very significant amount of airflow on the CPU side? Or are you using the glass side panel?

Uglobu

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2021
Uglobu, I have the same bracket just laser printed. I have a question, and wondering if you could help. For the extra screw drilled to the top and bottom bracket. I think I'll need to countersunk after drilling. Did you do that and do you know which countersunk bit you used? Were the screws included with the case M3 countersunk? or 6/32 countersunk? I have aluminum lasercut, so I can probably directly tap it with screws, but figured I might do it right and tap it properly first.
Hi bloodyshogun, my bracket was lasercut from stainless steel and I used a tap to add M3 threads to the holes in the bracket. With a generic countersink bit I widened the holes I drilled in the struts of the case until the screws I had sit flush. I was using some short countersunk M3 screws I already had that were not included with the case. I think those included in the case don't have a metric thread, at least not the countersunk ones. Hope I could help!

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
Hm, won't that block a very significant amount of airflow on the CPU side? Or are you using the glass side panel?
It's only a thin 1mm layer of PLA and I'm using full mesh. I don't think I'll have any temp issues but I shall see once the rest of my parts come in.

Uglobu

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2021
Happy to report that I finally managed to wrap up my dual rad build, here are a few pictures and some more info in a build log 🎉

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
It's only a thin 1mm layer of PLA and I'm using full mesh. I don't think I'll have any temp issues but I shall see once the rest of my parts come in.
It'd be interesting to see a comparison of thermals (at the same fan speed) with and without that shroud. It might not hurt the performance of the front rad much (assuming intake orientation), but it will channel a lot of hot air up towards the motherboard rather than out the side panel. Or if the front rad is an exhaust, the bottom fan will have severely impeded access to air. If you're managing to squeeze two rads in there it might not be a big deal, but it's definitely going to hinder airflow.

DotSlash

Efficiency Noob
Jul 15, 2021
Well, after spending like $200 alone on just EKWB STC fittings, I didn't want to spend more money on experimental pump/res hoping it will fit my build. I really love the look of the Iceman Cooler external pump/res but man at $100 for just a res and having to wait a couple weeks from China was a deal breaker for me especially when I bought my R160C Pump + Res for like $60 from eBay (auction). I was going to temporarily mount my Phanteks R160C until I examined my case closer and found out that I can actually remove the rear metal piece protruding from the my case and use that space to mount my R160C pump/res. I designed a mount for my Great Value Iceman Cooler pump/res. I spent an entire day to get the holes alignment correct and it utilizes existing holes (no drilling) and existing screws (no additional screws required). It's super sturdy and I - kind of like it. It may actually stay permanently.

If anyone cares for this very niche specific mod, I'll post it up on my Thingiverse.

Bonus points if anyone can figure out what kind of DDC pump it is, I bought it used on eBay and it works but can't figure which version of DDC it is. Pump is made by Koolance and just says DDC-3 Koolance. My limited research has lead to me thinking it's a Koolance PMP-400 Pump based on the cable (3 pin? Non-PWM?) which apparently is an equivalent of a DDC 3.25?

Any chance you can post the thingyverse link ?

Reactions: illusive

DotSlash

Efficiency Noob
Jul 15, 2021

Mind posting your Thingiverse?

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021

DotSlash

Efficiency Noob
Jul 15, 2021
Just uploaded!

Thanks sir! I have an internal VTX top mounted but thinking of getting that res.. any R160C right? I have a DDC from my iceman ncase res/combo

DotSlash

Efficiency Noob
Jul 15, 2021
Yep! Dang you have a lot of options haha.
Yea not sure which route to go. Meshlicious is done right now - same loop setup as OT with VTX top mount, 3080 fe + 10900k.

But i noticed ... its a nightmare with air bubble noise unless you spend 3/4 days doing bubble chasing. Wanting to do an external one. I bought the iceman res for ssupd - but i read somewhere on here that it doesnt fit 2 EKWB Torque fittings.

WHAT DO I DO :(

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
Yea not sure which route to go. Meshlicious is done right now - same loop setup as OT with VTX top mount, 3080 fe + 10900k.

But i noticed ... its a nightmare with air bubble noise unless you spend 3/4 days doing bubble chasing. Wanting to do an external one. I bought the iceman res for ssupd - but i read somewhere on here that it doesnt fit 2 EKWB Torque fittings.

WHAT DO I DO :(
WAIT, no way? I was actually just thinking about that last night because I have 10/16mm STC EK-Quantum Torque Fittings, they are are thicc (23mm in diameter). I may just end up keeping my external R160C mount then haha. It's super easy to drain, I did it yesterday. The only down side is that you have more tubes running out the rear than the external Iceman Cooler but if you're telling me two EK-Quantum fittings don't fit then it's a moot point anyways.

k1llah3rtz

Caliper Novice
May 20, 2021

new build … using XSPC long screws to push GPU to the outside of case.. need to get custom cables to reduce internal congestion.

phantek 280 glacier one very quiet and fits after some convincing

Reactions: thelaughingman

shadww

Cable Smoosher
Jul 12, 2021
is there a cheaper riser 4.0 for SSUPD ? actually, all recommended risers are £80+? the problem I am facing is - I had to go back to RX5700xt as my 3080 is faulty. I have changed to 3.0 in bios but is still not working at the moment using a 4.0 riser from Dan a4 that's not fitting correctly the case.
This might work... someone need to test

DotSlash

Efficiency Noob
Jul 15, 2021

Here it is, my WIP Dual Radiator Custom Loop w/External R160C Pump/Res & other custom printed parts.
I like it a lot!! What are the specs? How are the thermals? I may give this a swing ... I have mine looking fancy but with mesh panels - Which isn't even shown!

illusive

Caliper Novice
Jan 12, 2021
I like it a lot!! What are the specs? How are the thermals? I may give this a swing ... I have mine looking fancy but with mesh panels - Which isn't even shown!
Hardware:
  • 3700x (temporary, I sold my 5900x with the old O11 custom loop since my buddy wanted it)
  • 3090FE
  • ASUS X570-i Strix
  • 16GB x 2 G.Skill RGB Trident Z 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 CL (B-Die)
  • Samsung EVO 970 2TB NVMe
  • Corsair SF750
  • Artic P14 140mm x 25mm Fans White x 2
  • Scythe Kaze Flex 120mm x 15mm Slim Fans Black x 2
  • Generic Fan Splitters x 2
  • PWM Extender Cable
  • #6-32 x 3/4 in Radiator (Slim radiator screws + 3D printed washers otherwise it will puncture the XSPC TX240 Ultra Slim)
  • Gelid Ultra 1.0mm Thermal Pads x 2
  • Gelid Ultra 2.0mm Thermal Pads x 2
  • Gelid Extreme 3.0mm Thermal Pads x 1
Watercooling Hardware:
  • EKWB EK-Quantum AM4 D-RGB CPU Block
  • Bitspower VGA 3090FE Waterblock
  • HardwareLabs Nemesis 280GTS X-Flow Radiator
  • XSPC TX240 Ultrathin Radiator
  • EKWB EK-Quantum 90 Degrees Rotary Satin Titanium x 2
  • EKWB EK-Quantum 10/16mm STC Satin Titanium x 8
  • XSPC 90 Degrees Rotary Fittings (Temporary, got them super cheap lol) x 3
  • Alphacool 10mm Extender x 2
  • TouchAqua Water Exhaust Fitting x 1 (use to drain the loop)
  • ZMT 10/16mm Tubing

3D Printed Parts (I designed all of this, which will be free to download and use on thingiverse, just adding some finishing touches):
  • Side Radiator Mount (Fits most radiator, I designed it specifically for a XSPC TX240 Ultrathin X-Flow Radiator) This is a remix of a member's bracket on here.
  • External Mount for Phanteks R160C Pump/Res
  • Misc. Washers
  • GPU Bracket Filler (My Bitspower Block didn't touch the GPU bracket for some reason, it sat higher)
  • Cable Cover
  • Backplate Cover to prevent the riser cable from burning touching the backplate of my hot 3090FE

Things on the way:
  • Temperature Sensor
  • More EK-Quantum 90 Degree Fitting to match the rest
  • Longer PWM Fan Splitters
  • Paint/Wrap Radiators in White
  • Custom White SFF Cables
PC is extremely quiet and pretty cool, some temps below although I will test all scenarios.

Temperatures:
  • Mining Ethereum: T-Rex Miner, 1080 Absolute Core, 1200mhz Memory, core temps: 54c, memory temps: 84c (Fans spinning at around 900 RPM, still messing around with fan curves - it's dead silent)
  • Gaming (Apex Legends): 30 mins of gaming just to test, CPU - 62c, GPU - 46c, memory temps - 60c, ambient temp 27c, fan speed 900rpm, stock factory settings no undervolt applied yet

Reactions: Chimpee