Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Also was a little concerned about the non-gen 4 SKU on newegg because there is not a single mention of it including a gen 3 riser or anything. Not in the pictures, not in the description, nothing.

I assume it comes with it since the description on the SSUPD website this whole time said it did, but on newegg people who arent familiar with the case may not know it comes with a riser.

Just pre-ordered the non-PCI-4 version. Can someone confirm that this also comes with a riser cable, albeit a previous-gen version? Seconding @Rich_Holm 's question.

PCIe 3.0 Riser is included. I will ask them to update the listing.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
My understanding was that the B550 has only the pcie slot and 1 nvme supported with gen 4 - while X570 is entirely gen 4 throughout, and supports pcie 4.0 for both nvme slots and the pcie slot?

Edit: Confirmed through the link above.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Wait, the April preorders will cost more? Why?

The white model isn't even available until April - so everyone looking forward to that instead of preordering now gets penalized?

I believe she is referring to the Full Mesh Version, which is at the higher price because Mesh Side Panel cost more than the TG.

White color also cost materially more than Black color.

The Full Mesh Version was added last minute, will update more in 12 hours.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I believe she is referring to the Full Mesh Version, which is at the higher price because Mesh Side Panel cost more than the TG.

White color also cost materially more than Black color.

The Full Mesh Version was added last minute, will update more in 12 hours.

Thanks for the clarification - assuming the quoted price is the white full-mesh, that's totally fair. 🤞

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021
Ok...so remind me the big deal about having the PCI-E 4.0 riser over the 3.0?

If I recall the PCI-E 4.0 GPU's aren't slowed down or anything by the 3.0 risers. Is the 4.0 riser simply 'better' because in the event I have to update BIOs I don't have to worry about the whole PCI-E 3.0 riser vs PCI-E 4 port/gpu situation since the BIO would reset to 'auto'?

Reactions: DrHudacris

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019

If I recall the PCI-E 4.0 GPU's aren't slowed down or anything by the 3.0 risers. Is the 4.0 riser simply 'better' because in the event I have to update BIOs I don't have to worry about the whole PCI-E 3.0 riser vs PCI-E 4 port/gpu situation since the BIO would reset to 'auto'?
exactly.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020

In short, yes, you're right.

If you use a PCIE 3.0 riser with a 4.0-based MB and GPU, the BIOS will default back to Auto (4.0) upon a reset/update and you won't get any video through your GPU, meaning you would need to seat the GPU directly to the MB or swap to a 3.0 GPU when you update the bios to set it back to 3.0 mode so it works with the 3.0 riser.

With a 4.0 PCIE Riser, this becomes a non-issue. (Though with LINKUP's cable I'd recommend manually changing back to 3.0 mode in the bios after an update anyway to retain full speeds.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich_Holm

RedPanda

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 4, 2020
Are there any plans to make available to the Middle East region? Or is it strictly a US-exclusive for now?
Seconding, that would be great. Cases are usually not cheap to ship these countries from the US, or even from Europe.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Wow, the amount of options are really taking off here, that's impressive. So, will there be a white all-mesh PCIe 4.0 SKU? That's definitely what I would want. Preferably at an EU store. Swedish would be even better, but I'll order from Caseking or Alternate or some such if I have to.

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Looks like the front USB-C port uses the 3.1 gen 2 header. Nice.
Is it possible we will ever see a dual USB-C front io using just the one 3.1 gen 2 header?
Only at half bandwidth - that header theoretically puts out two sets of wiring (USB 3.2G2x2 is just USB 3.2G2 run over twice as many lanes, using the optional lanes in the USB-C port for HSIO data), so you could split it out to two ports at half bandwidth, but otherwise you'd need a hub chip on the I/O PCB which would suddenly make it complex and expensive. I guess that also depends on motherboard support, but AFAIK all USB controllers should be able to treat each set of data lanes as its own port.

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020

2020-02-03: MSI GPU update​

MSI Suprim X fits, all 326mm of it, so MSI Gaming X Trio should also.

This is possible on the lowest GPU mounting position, leaving 33mm left for DP/HDMI cable. This is NOT enough for most cables. So we have 2 solutions coming:
1) we will provide 3D Print Ready tall feet file on the website soon, these feet will lift the case higher to make room for *regular / straight HDMI / DP Cables.
2) buy angled cables yourself or from our website.

If used with a GPU less than 320mm long, you can mount the GPU at the *second lowest position, leaving 43mm for cables, then low profile regular cables that are widely available should work fine.

Do cards like the SUPRIM X and Aorus Extreme need the case to be in 4-slot mode? Or can they be run in 3-slot mode? The MSI SUPRIM X lists a thickness of 61mm while the Aorus Extreme lists a thickness of 70mm. Each slot should be 20mm, so...

Also, the SUPRIM X is 336mm on the website specifications - at least the 3090 model is.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020

also future-proofing

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Do cards like the SUPRIM X and Aorus Extreme need the case to be in 4-slot mode? Or can they be run in 3-slot mode? The MSI SUPRIM X lists a thickness of 61mm while the Aorus Extreme lists a thickness of 70mm. Each slot should be 20mm, so...

Also, the SUPRIM X is 336mm on the website specifications - at least the 3090 model is.
Suprim is like 3.5 slot right? guess that will need 4 no?

Reactions: DrHudacris