Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021
Did have a question about the gen 4 PCI-E riser though...it says 'Fully tested and fully compatible with newly released NVIDIA RTX3000 series GPU, AMD RX6000 series GPU and AMD X570 motherboards'. What about B550 motherboards? Figure I shouldn't have to worry, but may as well ask.

lolcat

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Did have a question about the gen 4 PCI-E riser though...it says 'Fully tested and fully compatible with newly released NVIDIA RTX3000 series GPU, AMD RX6000 series GPU and AMD X570 motherboards'. What about B550 motherboards? Figure I shouldn't have to worry, but may as well ask.
B550 boards don't support gen 4 PCI-E

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
B550 boards don't support gen 4 PCI-E
Yes it does, that's literally the point of B550 (vs B450)

The difference between B550 and X570, is that on B550 you have 20 lanes direct from CPU 16 for graphics and 4 for a nvme. Chipset connected via Gen 3
X70 connects the chipset via gen4, so you get additional lanes / devices
If you need MULTIPLE gen4 nvme drives (or other devices), sure you need X570.

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019
This looks like the PCIe 4.0 version. Here is the normal one:

It's actually 10$ cheaper than the 119$ we've seen before. Ships from Taiwan though which sucks, no idea why they can't ship to Europe, if I want to order to EU I have to order from Newegg to get it shipped from Taiwan to US and then from US to Europe which is ridiculous.
It being Lian Li I bet it will come to European reselleres soon, too. Would be stupid not to, right?

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
It being Lian Li I bet it will come to European reselleres soon, too. Would be stupid not to, right?

Supposedly only in the second batch, meaning preorder in April, don't ask me why they haven't figured out to have it available in Europe right now, since they're shipping it from Taiwan anyway, it's not like it's in US already, they could ship it from Taiwan to any of the EU resellers the same way. I already preordered from Newegg, so will have to pay for additional shipping from US to Europe, but what can you do, I don't want to wait till like May to receive the case.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
It's coming, but being a bunch of separate markets makes distribution more complex than in the US. CaseKing and OCUK have been mentioned as possible sources previously in the thread, but as @Marvelm said it's not going to be for the first batch.

Reactions: Firebear

gosu

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
pre-ordered the one with the pcie 4.0 riser cable. didnt even check if my mobo was compatible until afterwards. What does pcie 4.0 do? makes fast?

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
I told myself I was going to wait for the EU release as I'm from the UK and want full mesh but... ordered. Should be approx £156 through myus incl VAT. Will see if I can purchase a separate mesh panel in the future for testing

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021
B550 and X570 do, thats what AMD whole marketing about

Yes it does, that's literally the point of B550 (vs B450)

The difference between B550 and X570, is that on B550 you have 20 lanes direct from CPU 16 for graphics and 4 for a nvme. Chipset connected via Gen 3
X70 connects the chipset via gen4, so you get additional lanes / devices
If you need MULTIPLE gen4 nvme drives (or other devices), sure you need X570.
Thats what I thought, just thought it was interesting that it said specifically x570, but not b550. Figured a riser is a riser is a riser haha.

Also was a little concerned about the non-gen 4 SKU on newegg because there is not a single mention of it including a gen 3 riser or anything. Not in the pictures, not in the description, nothing.

I assume it comes with it since the description on the SSUPD website this whole time said it did, but on newegg people who arent familiar with the case may not know it comes with a riser.

Last edited:

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Looks like the front USB-C port uses the 3.1 gen 2 header. Nice.
Is it possible we will ever see a dual USB-C front io using just the one 3.1 gen 2 header? (or is the io plate a permanent part of the frame?)

Last edited: