Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

SamSepi01

Cable Smoosher
Dec 9, 2020
Wow, go off the grid for a while to enjoy nature and camp and come back to a ton of updates!

Super stoked to see the OptimumTech video, but agree with whoever previously said it looks rushed. Half of the the screws for mounting the aio are missing, cable management was not great and it did seem like he was building in a prototype or something - it was quite scratched in many places in the video.

After catching up on the thread, my only real concerns still lie with an aio selection and finish issues. I've always been part of team air. The bequiet does seem to be a good option and will likely be ordered before end of day. The case sent to Ali had to have been a test case, because if it was brand new and ended up THAT scratched from a single build, oof that hurts knowing I will be paying for extra mesh panels, cables and adapters.

Reactions: FrederickM

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
Looking at the pics, I think it's still a bit too small of a space. HDMI cables might fit, but DP are larger in general and will have issues.
Also, do we know the length of cards in each step?
If you guys can't wrap your head around the idea of using a 90 degree cable or adapter, I am not sure how you will navigate all the other challenges of building in such a case. They even sell the dp cable on their website. Of course if you want multiple monitors, a cable that 90's in a different direction would be necessary, but I think they assume you can navigate the jungles of the Amazon.com. Otherwise a lot of great midtowers that you can easily stick components in, or even like a M1 with straightforward slotting and IO.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Speaking about AIO selection, my first choice would be EK-AIO 280 which should come out before Mesh-Licious, SSUPD have been teasing it on Instagram. It might get announced at CES 2021 in 11 days. Performance-wise it should match Liquid Freezer II within a few % if EK-AIO 360 performance is any indication.
Looking at the pics, I think it's still a bit too small of a space. HDMI cables might fit, but DP are larger in general and will have issues.
Also, do we know the length of cards in each step?
Get a 90-degree DP 1.4 adapter for £9 or even cheaper on AliExpress.
This is the best one I could find in terms of specs, also was linked earlier in this thread. It supports 4K@144Hz 4:4:4 8bit.
Sorry, I bought the last one yesterday 😅

Last edited:

aleck

Caliper Novice
Dec 8, 2019
How strong is the graphic card supporting part?
Looks like identical system to one found in NCASE M1. If yes, it's good.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
@Wahaha360

When might the 'Manual' link on the SSUPD / Mesh-Licious website go live...?

Curious to see the attachment points for 2.5" SSDs ('Spec Sheet' section of the SSUPD website states a total of seven 2.5" SSDs can be fitted, so three 2.5" SSDs without using the Drive Bracket?) while still using a honking big vertically mounted GPU...!

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

which part you don't understand? 😆

I know how to read & I comprehend what is written, but thanks for treating me like an idiot...

The point is that I feel there should be an optional SKU that has Two Mesh Side Panels as standard...

Does it bother you (and all the other people grumbling about my audacity to express an opinion) so much that you are blind to the inconsistencies presented on the SSUPD website...?

If you look at the specs, it clearly states:

So, which is correct? All mesh? Or all-but-one-mesh-with-glass-option?

That is the question I am asking, and getting attacked for because I have an opinion...!

Is it really SO very wrong to want an All-Mesh SKU...? Plenty other case manufacturers have separate SKUs for varied side panels...

Reactions: FrederickM

kodek

Caliper Novice
Nov 11, 2020
I know how to read & I comprehend what is written, but thanks for treating me like an idiot...

The point is that I feel there should be an optional SKU that has Two Mesh Side Panels as standard...

Does it bother you (and all the other people grumbling about my audacity to express an opinion) so much that you are blind to the inconsistencies presented on the SSUPD website...?

That is the question I am asking, and getting attacked for because I have an opinion...!

Is it really SO very wrong to want an All-Mesh SKU...? Plenty other case manufacturers have separate SKUs for varied side panels...
I'm not attacking you and you're not asking a question - by making the poll already you're assuming that this is a case and tries to make the creators to change their mind. You should ask a question first instead.

Reactions: pwnedundies

mingus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 7, 2019
Yes, for better or worse.

Standard package - One Mesh Side Panel + One TG Side Panel

Optional Accessory - Mesh Side Panel, TG Side Panel.

Few reasons:
1) the Mesh Side Panel on this case cost a lot more than TG
2) the feedback we got from distributors is that most people want TG next to GPU (irrelevant of temps). I have seen some numbers, it's not a lie, all I can say is that we are a vocal minority in thought.

It's requirement to make it available more worldwide. Just like you can't escape RGB.

I guess people assume Meshlicious = 100% covered in mesh. I think 65%-70% covered in ventilated / Mesh is still plenty of Mesh and Delicious no?

to be fair, w360's confirmation of one mesh, one TG standard is buried in the thread

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I'm not attacking you and you're not asking a question - by making the poll already you're assuming that this is a case and tries to make the creators to change their mind. You should ask a question first instead.

I am asking a question, don't be obtuse about it...

The question being; do the end users want an All-Mesh SKU...?

So far (Dec 30, 2020 4:08PM Mountain) the poll is 46 for All-Mesh, 14 for Mesh & TG...

I want full mesh and DP cable option for $129.

Careful, apparently we are not allowed to voice opinions that might cause the "One SKU For All" crowd to get perturbed...! ;^p

SamSepi01

Cable Smoosher
Dec 9, 2020

So far (Dec 30, 2020 4:08PM Mountain) the poll is 46 for All-Mesh, 14 for Mesh & TG...

Careful, apparently we are not allowed to voice opinions that might cause the "One SKU For All" crowd to get perturbed...! ;^p
I think what this boils down to is that we here on the forum aren't w360 and won't influence the packaging and sales of the product at this stage of the game.

From the answers provided, it seems they've done market research, have shipping worked out, working on vendors, and have everything handled for a launch. It would be a safe bet to assume they have packaging locked down for production, and are working on all of the finishing touches to make this happen - such as fixing a number of clerical issues as they are numerous.

Asking if a second sku can be made at this point is likely too much to redesign from a product and production standpoint. I understand your viewpoint and have both filled out your form and agree that I would like all mesh (and told that dude on reddit not to be a jerk.) I don't see why some are so bothered by your question - but it's the internet so I guess I do get it.

(Feel free to pull this mods if needed, the forum rules were longer than my mortgage paperwork)

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris and Boil

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017

You do realize once this case goes onto Amazon, Newegg etc. people on this forum will be a very, very, very small portion of the 'end users'? W360 already said that numbers say that people want glass and hence the decision.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Yeah I think you underestimate how much stuff like RGB and TG windows appeal to non-enthusiasts. My brother for instance thinks a nice case needs to show off the hardware so he thinks a TG panel is a must on the Mobo side in a traditional case.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
You do realize once this case goes onto Amazon, Newegg etc. people on this forum will be a very, very, very small portion of the 'end users'? W360 already said that numbers say that people want glass and hence the decision.
Of course I realize that...!

I wonder what the sales numbers are on the Cooler Master NR200 / NR200P cases...?

On the flip side, I was just sitting here thinking that a set (two side & one front) of Dark Grey mesh panels would be nice on a Black chassis with the Black mesh top...! ;^p