Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Yeah I think you underestimate how much stuff like RGB and TG windows appeal to non-enthusiasts. My brother for instance thinks a nice case needs to show off the hardware so he thinks a TG panel is a must on the Mobo side in a traditional case.

I actually plan to lean into the RGB thing; my mobo already has two areas with RGB, my RAM came with RGB (no non-RGB option); so I plan for all the RGB on the GPU (fans, even) & RGB on the CPU pump / block combo & fans for the AIO...! Maybe even a few strips of RGB, one on each side of the chassis...!

But you gotta keep it classy, so all static red...! ;^p

And I dig the way it looks thru the mesh, and how you can still see into the chassis, just sorta pixelated...!?!

Reactions: FrederickM

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Yeah I think you underestimate how much stuff like RGB and TG windows appeal to non-enthusiasts. My brother for instance thinks a nice case needs to show off the hardware so he thinks a TG panel is a must on the Mobo side in a traditional case.
Yeah, subs like /r/pcmasterrace, /r/battlestations and /r/nvidia are full of unicorn puke aquarium builds. TG + mesh is the right choice for a mainstream case.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
And I dig the way it looks thru the mesh, and how you can still see into the chassis, just sorta pixelated...!?!
I had quite a few RGB components (RAM, CPU block, mobo, pump top, and LED strip) in my first WC T1 build, at 45-degree angle RGB was barely noticeable through the mesh, it sucked.

Last edited:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Yeah, subs like /r/pcmasterrace, /r/battlestations and /r/nvidia are full of unicorn puke aquarium builds. TG + mesh is the right choice for a mainstream case.

Not saying TG doesn't have a place, just suggesting an All-Mesh SKU, following in the footsteps of the NR200/NR200P & the TU150/TU150 TG...

And if there were an All-Mesh SKU & a Mesh/TG SKU; well, the sales numbers for those SKUs would be the real poll, yeah...?
I had quite a few RGB components (RAM, CPU block, mobo and LED strip) in my first WC T1 build, at 45-degree angle RGB was barely visible through the mesh, it sucked.

I would have to go back & check the angles (in the Optimum Tech video), but that real time GPU temps readout on the NZXT Z63 pump / block combo seemed to be easily readable thru the mesh side panel...!

Reactions: FrederickM

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Of course I realize that...!

I wonder what the sales numbers are on the Cooler Master NR200 / NR200P cases...?

On the flip side, I was just sitting here thinking that a set (two side & one front) of Dark Grey mesh panels would be nice on a Black chassis with the Black mesh top...! ;^p
The NR200/200P are $20 different in price, with a the glass panel added to the vented one.

I recall W360 saying the mesh panel on the meshliscious is more expensive to make than the glass. So splitting SKUs to all mesh might cost more (or eat margins).

But if there is no all mesh SKU, I'll trade you my mesh panel for your glass one 😁

Reactions: Boil

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
The NR200/200P are $20 different in price, with a the glass panel added to the vented one.

I recall W360 saying the mesh panel on the meshliscious is more expensive to make than the glass. So splitting SKUs to all mesh might cost more (or eat margins).

But if there is no all mesh SKU, I'll trade you my mesh panel for your glass one 😁

I would pay a $20 premium for two mesh side panels...!

You getting a Black chassis...? Are you in the United States...?

I would think the cost for us to ship each other the proper side panel would be cheaper than ordering an accessory panel (which would have shipping on it as well)...?

Reactions: DrHudacris

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I would pay a $20 premium for two mesh side panels...!

You getting a Black chassis...? Are you in the United States...?

I would think the cost for us to ship each other the proper side panel would be cheaper than ordering an accessory panel (which would have shipping on it as well)...?
I'm not picky with colors, and yes, I'm in the US.

I think you've got that right about swapping panels being cheaper.

Maybe we'll see more people looking to swap panels! Perhaps a thread on r/ssupd ? Maybe on this forum. Maybe a new subreddit r/panel swap

SamSepi01

Cable Smoosher
Dec 9, 2020
If this is set for pre-orders to go live in feb potentially for most, there will be another contender as the Aigo yogo S1 / DarkFlash DLH21 also goes live on Newegg (us) in Feb, estimates around 120 for it as well.

Assuming there are less delays and all is well, this will be a fun year for sff.

Reactions: MaZo

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
here's my playing around. I already have this GPU/block. I feel like it definitely needs something on the GPU side above the short GPU. I don't love this pump/res and it requires 4-slot GPU config.

Anyone have ideas for a res that fits better here? I could just get the barrow pump/res instead but then what would you put above the GPU to avoid just looking at the back of the mobo?

Reactions: pwnedundies

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
If this is set for pre-orders to go live in feb potentially for most, there will be another contender as the Aigo yogo S1 / DarkFlash DLH21 also goes live on Newegg (us) in Feb, estimates around 120 for it as well.

Assuming there are less delays and all is well, this will be a fun year for sff.
Almost three liters larger & a step down to a 240 AIO...

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020

Seems to be available through Newegg already (although it would be a lot cheaper using Superbuy)? https://www.newegg.com/darkflash-dlh21-black/p/1W8-012U-00017

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Seems to be available through Newegg already (although it would be a lot cheaper using Superbuy)? https://www.newegg.com/darkflash-dlh21-black/p/1W8-012U-00017
If you pre-order today, it costs only US$ 69. Regular price is still quite cheap at US$ 76, excluding Superbuy's agent fee.
2.5-litre larger than Mesh-licious but it is truly 'all mesh' (ie 5 sides are mesh except the bottom panel). And all 5 sides have magnetic filters. Well, it takes a 240 (not 280 ) AIO but it can also accomodate 134mm air cooler.
I think this case and Mesh-licious are targeting different segments of the market as this case costs roughly half of Mesh-licious (when you factor in the cost of an additional mesh panel to make it truly 'all mesh').

Reactions: MaZo

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
The problem with Superbuy is that shipping always turns out to be a lot more expensive than what their calculator makes you believe it would cost.

Reactions: Marvelm

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
I think if this goes into the retail channel with a PCI-E 3.0 riser, it will bite them hard in the ass.
Mass market consumers will be left with non booting systems if they buy a full gen 4 setup and probably no understanding of how to rectify that !!!
The current situation with risers is a proper shitshow with no certification in place for gen 4.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Careful, apparently we are not allowed to voice opinions that might cause the "One SKU For All" crowd to get perturbed...! ;^p
At least in my case, it's less about the opinions themselves and more about the way they are presented. I.e. as demands, through capslock-ridden rants, through claims of having been misled, etc.

There are ways of raising valid concerns in a civil manner that still gets the point across. And there can always be a degree of understanding for the reasoning behind a decision even if one disagrees with it. I'm seeing neither here, sadly.