Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

roobots

Efficiency Noob
Dec 29, 2020
Made an account to just say great work @Wahaha360! The case looks great and I'll be looking at this and the Shift Evolv 2 for my future ITX build. I'm likely to build with a TG panel on the CPU side (paired with an AiO) and mesh on the GPU, so the default combination sounds great. It would be cool to be able to choose between smoked or normal TG, but I also get that any customization probably making shipping and margins more of a pain when trying to keep a great price like the Meshlicious has.

At this point the main info I'd love to see is thermal data running a TG/mesh combo as well as some ideas of what cable management will look like in this thing. No shade to Optimum Tech, but the build in his video is incredibly messy and I'd like to get an idea of it that's just how it's gonna be in this case due to it's compact size or if it's possible to clean things up a bit more. I'd also like to see what things looks like with a dual monitor setup using DP cables. The fact that I'm focusing on such small aesthetic issues is just a testament to what a great looking case you've made!

Reactions: FrederickM and Kit

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I think, one limitation of having the TG panel on the CPU side is that the PSU will then have to be installed with its fan facing inward (ie toward the back of the GPU). If it faces outward, it cannot breathe through the TG panel and it is also too close to the panel to suck in any sideway air at all. When facing inward, OT commented that the SF600 (which should be quite popular among mainstream users) stock cables are not long enough. So, an average joe buying this case will have to buy custom length cables too. Perhaps a hidden cost and surprise for them?

So, the question remains:- should the bundled TG panel be on the CPU side or the GPU side?

(BTW, Optimum Tech seems to say (IIRC) that he recommends using a mesh panel on the GPU side and not use a TG panel. I have only watched the video once...might have to rewatch to confirm.)

Last edited:

xiso

Caliper Novice
Aug 24, 2020
How strong is the graphic card supporting part?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
No one has this case and Optimum Tech does not say anything about it.

The supporting rods look like being screwed onto the central spine and cantilever out. The card is then screwed onto the holes on the rod.
For me to guess, it looks not too flimsy but also not very strong.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

No one has this case and Optimum Tech does not say anything about it.

The supporting rods look like being screwed onto the central spine and cantilever out. The card is then screwed onto the holes on the rod.
For me to guess, it looks not too flimsy but also not very strong.

The GPU will also be held / supported by the PCIe slot itself...?

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The GPU will also be held / supported by the PCIe slot itself...?
By the slot of the riser cable. But since the card is in a vertical position, it could potentially fall out, especially when it is a heavy card. So, the 2 support rods should be there to provide some stability in the 2 orthogonal directions.

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
By the slot of the riser cable. But since the card is in a vertical position, it could potentially fall out, especially when it is a heavy card. So, the 2 support rods should be there to provide some stability in the 2 orthogonal directions.

I doubt it would fall out of the pci-e locking mechanism unless some serious shock/force was applied, need some more reviews and user experience with different gpus to be sure... as I think that Ali may have rushed this review slightly

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Black or white boysssss?! Hard call, black looks a little too stealthy from the video but the glass should change it a little bit, I'm always concerned about the white paint on cases, sometimes it's this weird kind of too glossy paint which looks cheap-o.

Stargazer

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
Black or white boysssss?! Hard call, black looks a little too stealthy from the video but the glass should change it a little bit, I'm always concerned about the white paint on cases, sometimes it's this weird kind of too glossy paint which looks cheap-o.
Black of course! TG on CPU side. I wish dark tinted TG is the stock one :p

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019

I'm really liking the white but I think im going with black

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
I'm going to wait until we know how difficult is to route display cables on the case, it looks good, but that can make or break it for me.
If not, I can just go nr200.

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

bruub

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2017
If the GPU length supports it, we may be able to mount it a little higher for better display port and hdmi cable clearance.

Last edited:
Reactions: pwnedundies

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
This is literally one of the features of the case, even shown on one of the pictures in the first post :D
Looking at the pics, I think it's still a bit too small of a space. HDMI cables might fit, but DP are larger in general and will have issues.
Also, do we know the length of cards in each step?