Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
No change - the display connectors are on the bottom, and there are only three relatively closely spaced hole sets for mounting the GPU, so there's no way of moving the GPU further up to account for non-angled connectors (though if they're short and the cable is flexible you might get away with the uppermost mounting holes). Unless you want to mod it, I guess. If not, the case will be resting on the GPU cable and likely tilted over. Could go for a leaning tower of Pisa-themed build? :p

Regarding the angled display cable connector stuff: I don't mind paying for a cable with a compact angled connector, but $30 for a 1m cable? That's barely long enough to route along my monitor arm, and there's no way it will reach a PC from there. I'd gladly pay that price if it was a useful length, but 1m is barely enough if the case is directly next to the monitor with no cable management whatsoever... A poor solution there.
I believe it's an extender, not a cable (male to female, not male to male). Am I mistaken?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I believe it's an extender, not a cable (male to female, not male to male). Am I mistaken?
The display port cable is pictured with 2 male ends so I would assume it is a cable and not an extender.

No mention of this being an extension, and it sure looks like a standard male to male cable to me.

Reactions: DrHudacris

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
There only 2 PCIe 4.0-compatible riser cables available as far as I am aware:
1. Linkup Ultra PCIe 4.0 X16, you'd probably need 18 or 20cm with dual-reverse connectors but don't quote me on this.
2. 3M 8KC3-0726-0250. It's not branded as PCIe 4.0-compatible but reportedly works in 4.0 mode. 25cm is the shortest one.
Add the Cobalt RC260 Twinax that Louqe is using for the S1 to that list.

Onus

Caliper Novice
Jan 2, 2021
Hey,
the case looks interesting. Currently im waiting for Ghost S1 in Arctic White, which will also be available in the next quarter.
This Case is bigger by a huge margin but is capable of thicc gpus and thicc aios (280mm).
Im hyped and I definitely consider this case.

But and here are the downsides so far:
» No PCIe 4.0 Riser Cable included (the Ghost has one, but is 200 $ more in price)
» No easy Upgrade to PCIe 4.0 Cable (because of the length a 20cm will fit the best but this procedure will include bending and trying from the community to get the one cable that fits and is durable enough)
» Mesh Sides. On a 100 € Case there is no need for all-sides-mesh if the case is clearly designed for thicc radiators. therefore, you don't need to cool the mobo side, because the radiator will get you enough airflow for vrms and chipset. and that's why the glass option is absolutely right. If i pay 2 - 3k for a PC i wanna have at least one glass side because it just looks nice and small cases aren't locked into your next drawer, they are right on your desk.

But the one problem i have with this decision is that i must buy a tinted or mirrored one separate. I think the 40$ price tag is fair, but i will have one tg panel that is doing nothing more than collecting dust in the cellar.

Money really isn't a big issue here, it's a cheap case and building in small form factors was never cheap (look at the ghost s1, haha).

Im looking forward to getting more factual information (not just a pr video from optimum tech) in the coming weeks.
This case could be an excellent choice for its price and enough clearance for premium/high end hardware.

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
» No PCIe 4.0 Riser Cable included (the Ghost has one, but is 200 $ more in price)

» Mesh Sides. On a 100 € Case there is no need for all-sides-mesh if the case is clearly designed for thicc radiators. therefore, you don't need to cool the mobo side, because the radiator will get you enough airflow for vrms and chipset. and that's why the glass option is absolutely right. If i pay 2 - 3k for a PC i wanna have at least one glass side because it just looks nice and small cases aren't locked into your next drawer, they are right on your desk.
There aren't really many PCIE gen 4 cables. And no the ghost doesn't come with one, it comes with gen3 cables
Only 1 mesh side, its confirmed to come with 1 glass panel that can go on either side.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So just to fully clarify, the ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Impact miniDTX motherboard (ASUS markets it as miniDTX) WILL fit in the Mesh-Licious chassis, high-rise daughtercard & all...?!? I would assume in three-slot mode only...? Any issues with the extended board length & the riser cable...?

If yes, then this is great...! I can go with the chassis I have been lusting over for the past half year or so...!

Now, questions regarding 280 AIOs, any recommended units...? Thinking about the 280 EK-AIO, the beQuiet! 280 Pure Loop AIO, and the NZXT Kraken Z63 280 AIO...

EK has the RGB bling, beQuiet! seems a good price / performance choice, but the NZXT Z63 has that real-time temps readout on the CPU pump / block combo...!

One issue I see rising up though... The 90° video out cables... I have two 31.5" 2560x1440 monitors... If I were to use an HDMI cable on them, I am limited to 60hz... When I use the DP ports on them, I can OC my IPS panels to 75Hz...!

So, not only do I need to pay an extra 30 bucks for a second mesh side panel (even though there are numerous instances of marketing materials on the SSUPD website stating "Full, breathable, mesh panels on ALL sides let you savor the airflow and minty temps.", but I have to pony up an additional 60 bucks for two 90° DP 1.4 cables...?!?

So an additional NINETY DOLLARS to get the chassis in suitable working order...?!?

I also need to say, if I were to want a TG panel, I would prefer it to be smoked (as I am sure plenty other end-users would also prefer), which is yet another 40 bucks...!

Seems like there will be plenty of folks looking to get into a mainstream sub-15L SFF chassis at an affordable price, only to find out they have to basically double that price once side panels & specialized video out cables are sorted...?!?

Sorry about the raging in regards to the add-on pricing, but I believe it is a fair point...!

C8I will fit assuming you have the SFX orientated the right way, you will need a longer PCIe Riser Cable though. Go 3M if you can.

If you have a GPU less than 313mm, you can move the struts that supports GPU upwards, giving you up to 46mm for regular cables to connect.

Full Mesh Side Panel on both side is a dealbreaker for global distribution. No Tempered Glass = distributors doesn't want to carry the product, and sales data seems to support this very clearly. To that end, we just have to update the website to reflect the reality of making this case more available.

To hit the price point, leaving margins for distributors, it's best we can do for now, not much we can change atm.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Will international shipping be available if we want to order as soon as possible from your website? What are the approximate costs to ship it to Europe when bought from your website?

Not EU, shipping based on the heavier of the weight vs dimensional weight, the cost is closer to USD60, so prob won't both opening on the website for EU, just cost too much.

Just wait for OCUK / CaseKing

Reactions: leafcutter

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Not EU, shipping based on the heavier of the weight vs dimensional weight, the cost is closer to USD60, so prob won't both opening on the website for EU, just cost too much.

Just wait for OCUK / CaseKing
Damn, I assume you wouldn't like to make an exception if I was ready to pay? Just want to get the case as soon as possible and knowing EU distributors it will take months for them to get the case on their websites... Btw when will preorders start on the website? Initial date was end of 2020 so I assume there is some kind of delay.

Also one important question people already asked, is the tempered glass on the white case also smoked as in the black one?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 if 25mm thick fans are sandwiched between 280mm radiator and the bracket, the radiator can be wider than 150mm, right? Looking at the pics and OT video I can't see why not.

Yes, width up to 157mm

How long does the riser cables needs to be?

At least 15cm on the cable itself, it depends on the Riser brand and the way the Cable part is welded to PCB. It's not standard across different Brands.

Longer Riser Cables will need clearance space, stick with SFX PSU to have space for folding longer Riser cables.

The supporting rods look like being screwed onto the central spine and cantilever out. The card is then screwed onto the holes on the rod.
For me to guess, it looks not too flimsy but also not very strong.

It's plenty strong, solid 7x8mm aluminum struts.

Damn, I assume you wouldn't like to make an exception if I was ready to pay? Just want to get the case as soon as possible and knowing EU distributors it will take months for them to get the case on their websites... Btw when will preorders start on the website? Initial date was end of 2020 so I assume there is some kind of delay.

Also one important question people already asked, is the tempered glass on the white case also smoked as in the black one?

Email support later, I don't know yet, too early to say.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Can you confirm that you can connect at least two monitors via 90° connectors, because it didn't really look like it would.
Also I case you know a supplier for 45° connectors which would remove the problem mind share it?

I'm going to wait until we know how difficult is to route display cables on the case, it looks good, but that can make or break it for me.
If not, I can just go nr200.

@Wahaha360 What would be the max GPU lenght if someone wouldn't want to use angled cables or adapters? Is this checked or confirmed?

+1 on this question.

Would be appreciated if we knew what GPU to buy to avoid having to use bent cables.

No change - the display connectors are on the bottom, and there are only three relatively closely spaced hole sets for mounting the GPU, so there's no way of moving the GPU further up to account for non-angled connectors (though if they're short and the cable is flexible you might get away with the uppermost mounting holes). Unless you want to mod it, I guess. If not, the case will be resting on the GPU cable and likely tilted over. Could go for a leaning tower of Pisa-themed build? :p

Regarding the angled display cable connector stuff: I don't mind paying for a cable with a compact angled connector, but $30 for a 1m cable? That's barely long enough to route along my monitor arm, and there's no way it will reach a PC from there. I'd gladly pay that price if it was a useful length, but 1m is barely enough if the case is directly next to the monitor with no cable management whatsoever... A poor solution there.

If you have a GPU less than 313mm, you can move the struts that supports GPU upwards, giving you up to 46mm for regular cables to connect.

I will post photos later, all the prototypes are sent to media, I will get mine mid January and will take photos to address this concern.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Give us the pre-order date :)

It's not up to us, because we have to work around other distributors.

I don't want to jeopardize availability in more countries, so the following can't be changed:
  • One TG and One Mesh will be standard
  • Preorder date, availability depends on distributors
This product's purpose is to be more available, I don't want to jeopardize the purpose of its existance.

Last edited:

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2020
Will the standard TG Panel be tinted or not? Dont feel like seeing all the cables through the TG, would buy the tinted one seperate if not but would still be nice to have a choice at purchase because there isnt that much space for hiding cables so i think most would prefer the tinted one.

Reactions: Stargazer

Onus

Caliper Novice
Jan 2, 2021
There aren't really many PCIE gen 4 cables. And no the ghost doesn't come with one, it comes with gen3 cables
yes, the ghost does come with a pcie 4 cable.
yes, there is a tg panel, which i also pointed out in my text, but it's not tinted, which is a bummer.
and again: for this price, its more than fine. But an upgrade option (like selling a gen 4 cable separately) would be nice.

Reactions: DrHudacris

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

I will post photos later, all the prototypes are sent to media, I will get mine mid January and will take photos to address this concern.

Hmm...since this mean the GPU can be affixed all the way up to the top (313+46mm=359mm), using the whole case height (case height 360mm), does that mean that cards longer than 320mm will fit? If GPU is less 2.5 slot (in 3 slot mode) or 3.5 slot (in 4 slot mode)?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hmm...since this mean the GPU can be affixed all the way up to the top (313+46mm=359mm), using the whole case height (case height 360mm), does that mean that cards longer than 320mm will fit? If GPU is less 2.5 slot (in 3 slot mode) or 3.5 slot (in 4 slot mode)?

Yes, but you will need to use Right Angle DP or HDMI cables, because you are eating into the space left for cables coming out of the GPU.