Production M2426 - Evolution in Cable Management

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I tried adding the 340mm SF Platinum SKU to my cart, but I'm getting a Secure Connection Failed "PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR" error message when doing so.

Hm, it seems to affect all links coming from that product page - I'm not able to access the modder's kit link either, getting the same error. Works fine if I navigate to it from the store.

Edit: and now it worked. Weird. Did I access the site the very second this was implemented, or something?

Edit2: Ordered 😃

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just a reminder/FYA,

Please use the contact form if you have an actionable request. I get way too many emails so requests sent there get lost very easily. If you have some simple discussions and looking for community support, stop by the discord link on my signature.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Pyotr

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2020
75W total is the recommended max. I will have to fix that discrepency.

Is there any plans to beef it up some to support more demanding CPU's? be nice to have even cleaner wiring via a passthrough to 8 pin that can do 150W CPU & GPU.

EDIT: addressed in the discord. limitation is the amperage ratings on the connectors, not the jhack unit itself.

Last edited:

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
m2426 is in and running.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I'm still waiting on the Meshlicious to get any semblance of European availability, but I'd like to have the M2426 I ordered in hand ahead of time to plan things :)

baevid

Chassis Packer
Dec 24, 2020
Hey guys quick question before i take apart my T1 install this m2426.

It doesn’t matter which side i plug from the psu to the board right?

Seemingly dummy proof if I’m looking at it with it laid out in front of me but wanted to be sure.

baevid

Chassis Packer
Dec 24, 2020
Hmm so I went ahead and connected everything and it looks like something isn't right. I soon as I plug in the power cord to my case... the psu and then the cpu cooler pump turns on but the gpu doesn't power on and the power button to the case doesn't do anything at all.

Basically it was only 3 steps; m2426 board plugged into the mobo, plug atx cables into psu side, and the black power and white signal cable to the m2426.

I just reverted back to the old cables and it works as intended so not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

WindySin

Cable Smoosher
Feb 9, 2018
So I've just got my M2426 installed, which I'm hella chipper about. As usual for novice builders, I've a couple of questions:

1. The 8-pin to 6+2-pin GPU cable I received has a slightly different pin layout to the PSU (HDPlex 400w Rev 2.1) and to the 8-pin on the GPU (RTX 3060 Ti). It seems to fit (bevelled male end where the female end has a square hole) but I also note the missing pin seems to be in a different position (images attached). Is this gonna be an issue?
  2. The CPU cable I ordered has a 4-pin output (ATX12V?) but my mobo has an EATX12V 8-pin. I can't see an option on the store for an 8-pin output, is that because it's incompatible with the M2426's passthrough?
  3. The SATA output on the M2426 is designed to hook up an SSD, correct?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
So I've just got my M2426 installed, which I'm hella chipper about. As usual for novice builders, I've a couple of questions:

1. The 8-pin to 6+2-pin GPU cable I received has a slightly different pin layout to the PSU (HDPlex 400w Rev 2.1) and to the 8-pin on the GPU (RTX 3060 Ti). It seems to fit (bevelled male end where the female end has a square hole) but I also note the missing pin seems to be in a different position (images attached). Is this gonna be an issue?
  2. The CPU cable I ordered has a 4-pin output (ATX12V?) but my mobo has an EATX12V 8-pin. I can't see an option on the store for an 8-pin output, is that because it's incompatible with the M2426's passthrough?
  3. The SATA output on the M2426 is designed to hook up an SSD, correct?
1. The 6+2 pin gpu cable you ordered is for Corsair SF series gpu. You cannot mix and match it with hdplex.

2. You can use a 4 pin in the 8 pin. Just be wary of the 75W limit.

3. yes, SSD or whatever, up to 3A.

WindySin

Cable Smoosher
Feb 9, 2018
1. The 6+2 pin gpu cable you ordered is for Corsair SF series gpu. You cannot mix and match it with hdplex.

2. You can use a 4 pin in the 8 pin. Just be wary of the 75W limit.

3. yes, SSD or whatever, up to 3A.
Thanks for the reply. Do you sell a GPU cable that would work? I need to get a SATA cable anyway because I forgot to order one so if you've got one available that'd be handy because I could grab both in one order.

As for the 4-pin CPU cable, what does the 75w limit mean? Is it related to the TDP of the CPU? I run an i7-7700 -- would the 4-pin suffice?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
@Thehack any news on when new batches will ship out? I've still got a couple of months until the Meshlicious is out, but it's also been a couple of months since my order ;)