Production M2426 - Evolution in Cable Management

dreadpiratebob

Chassis Packer
Dec 30, 2019
Update time, finally! Got the JST connector I needed to connect the SATA SSD. As it's not my main build, I didn't want to splurge this time on another NVME drive so used a spare SATA I had. Plus the mb I'm using has the nvme slot on the rear, not great I suspect for heat in this type of build. Tested under CPU load and ran a few games for 4 hours today (No Man's Sky, Destiny 2, Factorio and EUIV), no stability issues at all. Powers on and off correctly, but it can't be fully woken from sleep. On pressing the power button when it has gone to sleep, the fans all spin up again but nothing comes through to the display. Doesn't restore from sleep at all on kb/m input.

So far so good. Definitely a massive improvement over it's sister build - I have a second K39 with a Flex PSU, which a noisy little thing. This is much, much quieter. While far from silent, the GPU fan is now the dominant source of noise, and is much less irritating than the 40mm fan in the Flex. There is also more room to work in - I cut my fingers a few times with the Flex/K39 build, whereas there's space to play with behind the Meanwell here.

Remaining jobs: i) build a mount and shield for the C14, ii) see if there's a solution to the wake from sleep issue. Sorry for my infrequent posts, I'm juggling this around work, family and play. This build was originally intended as a travel build for hotels I get sent to for work, but I've not travelled since Nov 2019 for obvious reasons, so I've only worked on this periodically.

Pictures

Edited for typos and to swap embedded gallery to link.

Last edited:

Sicaris

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 6, 2016
Thanks for posting your build, it looks fantastic. Have you measured how much power you're drawing? I'm curious how far the rps-400 can be pushed with just the CPU and GPU fans.

Evelisk

Efficiency Noob
Aug 2, 2018
Does anyone know if you can add the sense pin cables to the ATX to M2426 cable? I ordered the one for the sf600 gold and have since upgraded to the sf750 platinum. It never occurred to me to change my order until it shipped and I noticed the problem.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Does anyone know if you can add the sense pin cables to the ATX to M2426 cable? I ordered the one for the sf600 gold and have since upgraded to the sf750 platinum. It never occurred to me to change my order until it shipped and I noticed the problem.
Did you already open a ticket via the contact form? If so then I can take care of it next week.

Desertf0x9

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
I just got my M2426 for my Corsair SF750, I tried it out and it seems like it's faulty. I've tried attaching the PSU side cable to both ends and it still doesn't work. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm running a 5950x and a 3080 if that matters.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
NOTICE:

"As of this time, we have discovered a possible defect in the M2426 boards. A few of you have already reached out to us with a support ticket. Due to an abundance of caution, we request that you immediately stop the usage of the M2426. We will keep you updated with the situation; transparency and user safety is of paramount importance. We will be replacing, shipping, and possibly requesting that you return ship the boards free of charge. We do request patience and your cooperation while we get to the bottom of this issue. It may take some time to fix the issue."

ONLY applies to boards shipped in February 2021. If you received your board in February 2021, you are affected. If you received it before February 2021 you are safe.

Last edited:

trees_z

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2021
NOTICE:

"As of this time, we have discovered a possible defect in the M2426 boards. A few of you have already reached out to us with a support ticket. Due to an abundance of caution, we request that you immediately stop the usage of the M2426. We will keep you updated with the situation; transparency and user safety is of paramount importance. We will be replacing, shipping, and possibly requesting that you return ship the boards free of charge. We do request patience and your cooperation while we get to the bottom of this issue. It may take some time to fix the issue."
So I just saw the two emails come through on this but haven't installed mine yet. Do we know what the issue is? And is this the best place to keep up with updates?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
So I just saw the two emails come through on this but haven't installed mine yet. Do we know what the issue is? And is this the best place to keep up with updates?
The SMT shop put in a wrong resistor spec, so the board needs to be fixed.

Best place to follow is checking your inbox if it is personal related, here and/or the dischord channel.

Reactions: trees_z

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
@Thehack I sent an email on the 14th asking about status of an order from 01/02/21. I recall there being a long delay from when the order was placed - and that's ok with me, but can you give a relative timeframe?

...and presumably any issue with the product that arises prior to my order shipping, should not affect my order?

ricsonc

Chassis Packer
Feb 4, 2021
I do not understand the discussion around the sense pins. How will that affect me if I still power my GPU directly from the PSU and only use M2426 to replace the motherboard's 24pin? I think this becomes an even more relevant question seeing that the new Silverstone SX750 has a dedicated 4-pin molex just for sense wires.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I do not understand the discussion around the sense pins. How will that affect me if I still power my GPU directly from the PSU and only use M2426 to replace the motherboard's 24pin? I think this becomes an even more relevant question seeing that the new Silverstone SX750 has a dedicated 4-pin molex just for sense wires.

The sense wires are semi-necessary wires. I have found that I just short the sense to the PSU side connectors instead of the 24pin atx connectors or output side. It's a lazy way of making tighter, cleaner cables.

ricsonc

Chassis Packer
Feb 4, 2021
The sense wires are semi-necessary wires. I have found that I just short the sense to the PSU side connectors instead of the 24pin atx connectors or output side. It's a lazy way of making tighter, cleaner cables.
Thanks for the fast response. All to ground then I assume? In that case, we can just find an unused ground pin from the 24pin and ground into it.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Thehack I sent an email on the 14th asking about status of an order from 01/02/21. I recall there being a long delay from when the order was placed - and that's ok with me, but can you give a relative timeframe?

...and presumably any issue with the product that arises prior to my order shipping, should not affect my order?

Correct. We'll ship the product to you once we fix this batch and you should get yours working out of the box.
Thanks for the fast response. All to ground then I assume? In that case, we can just find an unused ground pin from the 24pin and ground into it.

It would be to the same voltage. 5v sense to 5v out. 12v sense to 12v out.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I've finally gotten around to ordering parts for my next build, and at this point I'm just waiting for the Meshlicious to become available in my region. However I really want to use an M2426 with the SF750 I've ordered, but I'm worried about the cable lengths in the Meshlicious given how it differs in orientation to most sandwich cases. @Thehack, could you chime in on this? Are cables longer than 220mm needed for the SF750 in a layout like this (the SFX PSU's power connectors will of course be further down and back than with an ATX unit)? I'll be using an ASRock B550 PG ITX-ax, so the power connectors are about as far from the PSU as is possible. Also, I'm also mulling over whether I should get an additional CPU power cable with the m2426, use the stock one, or make my own. Again I'm worried if 300mm is enough for this layout. Any feedback here would be greatly appreciated :)

CluckyTaco

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
I'm interested in this as well. I have a SX1000 and am awaiting other parts before I can figure the cabling out. If someone has a better/cleaner way to get around this that'd be great.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I've finally gotten around to ordering parts for my next build, and at this point I'm just waiting for the Meshlicious to become available in my region. However I really want to use an M2426 with the SF750 I've ordered, but I'm worried about the cable lengths in the Meshlicious given how it differs in orientation to most sandwich cases. @Thehack, could you chime in on this? Are cables longer than 220mm needed for the SF750 in a layout like this (the SFX PSU's power connectors will of course be further down and back than with an ATX unit)? I'll be using an ASRock B550 PG ITX-ax, so the power connectors are about as far from the PSU as is possible. Also, I'm also mulling over whether I should get an additional CPU power cable with the m2426, use the stock one, or make my own. Again I'm worried if 300mm is enough for this layout. Any feedback here would be greatly appreciated :)
I would say yes, it would need longer cables.

We can make some custom SKUs for the meshlicious and friends. It looks like a 300mm length will work? I can always create more SKUs, though in general I want a SKU to cover as many customers as possible to be cost-efficient.

I'm interested in this as well. I have a SX1000 and am awaiting other parts before I can figure the cabling out. If someone has a better/cleaner way to get around this that'd be great.
We need confirmation if sense pins matter or not. It is just easier to not deal with double crimps and more SKUs.

For example, Corsair SF Gold doesn't care about sense pins but the platinum version is picky.

---------------------------------------
We just started shipping replacements for the M2426. So the December orders will get their fixed version first. We should finish up December orders next week, and start shipping out January/February in the second half of March.

bruub

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2017
I would say yes, it would need longer cables.

We can make some custom SKUs for the meshlicious and friends. It looks like a 300mm length will work? I can always create more SKUs, though in general I want a SKU to cover as many customers as possible to be cost-efficient.
This is good news to hear because I just stumbled upon this and would love to put it in my upcoming meshlicious build. 300mm may be to short by just a bit? In the OT video, he had issues with the length of the stock 24pin cable being to short with the sf750 facing inward. It looks like the stock cable length is 300mm +/- 10mm. I have the Asus strix b550i mobo and would love to try to figure out some custom cable lengths for this.

Reactions: Valantar

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
This is good news to hear because I just stumbled upon this and would love to put it in my upcoming meshlicious build. 300mm may be to short by just a bit? In the OT video, he had issues with the length of the stock 24pin cable being to short with the sf750 facing inward. It looks like the stock cable length is 300mm +/- 10mm. I have the Asus strix b550i mobo and would love to try to figure out some custom cable lengths for this.
I’ll add a sku for 340mm. It’ll give you some good slack to route it as needed.