Production M2426 - Evolution in Cable Management

bowman9991

Trash Compacter
Jul 27, 2017
galacticbrain.com
Is it possible to pre-order anywhere? I was slow and missed out last time :(

So updates on this.

1. I dropped PWR_OK. This is because the timing of PWR_OK and the rest of the circuit doesn't change the operation.
2. Wide availability of M2426 will be in late OCT thru NOV time frame, so the website will be updated then. It is still in "early adopter" mode, but seems that r/formd took a liking to it.

Reactions: loader963

CluckyTaco

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
Hi @Thehack, The modders kit for m2426 is no longer available on the store page. Is that not being offered anymore?
Edit: I found the link for it and luckily enough I snagged the last one in stock. Link for those who may want it in the future Modder's Kit

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hi @Thehack, The modders kit for m2426 is no longer available on the store page. Is that not being offered anymore?
Edit: I found the link for it and luckily enough I snagged the last one in stock. Link for those who may want it in the future Modder's Kit

I'll have to look into it. It shouldn't be "out of stock."

---

A quick update, the PCBs were supposed to be in today, but it got caught in the customs drag net. So unfortunately, might not ship until early December.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Update: PCBs are in. Final assembly is ongoing. Hoping to ship 40 units/week until we catch up to demand.

There's a lot of work to be done. Once we finish shipping back orders, hoping to add EVGA GM series as a supported option. There are about 50 units available left. We'll make a new batch 2021 so there will be consistent stock refresh. So don't worry about missing out.

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Update: PCBs are in. Final assembly is ongoing. Hoping to ship 40 units/week until we catch up to demand.

Hi, @Thehack! Is there a VAT prepayment option when shipping to Europe (like @Nouvolo did for the Aquanaut)? Most shipping companies charge a flat 10-12 EUR fee on top of the VAT required by the customs if VAT is due, which is significant compared to M2426 price. Did your EU customers face something like that?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hi, @Thehack! Is there a VAT prepayment option when shipping to Europe (like @Nouvolo did for the Aquanaut)? Most shipping companies charge a flat 10-12 EUR fee on top of the VAT required by the customs if VAT is due, which is significant compared to M2426 price. Did your EU customers face something like that?

I looked into for a bit and I will not be able to offer this service for the time being.

VAT issue is kind of all over the place. Sometimes it is a random assessment and you get charged 8 euros for the assessment + VAT.

------------------

M2426 are starting to ship, and it is a ramp up until we fulfill backorders. Hoping to get 40 shipment out a week but that does depend on a lot of factors.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I looked into for a bit and I will not be able to offer this service for the time being.

VAT issue is kind of all over the place. Sometimes it is a random assessment and you get charged 8 euros for the assessment + VAT.

------------------

M2426 are starting to ship, and it is a ramp up until we fulfill backorders. Hoping to get 40 shipment out a week but that does depend on a lot of factors.
you'd better ramp fast my friend! now not just the T1 owners but S4M ones gonna come for you 😎

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Lol.

'Tis true. There was a new surge of order that has accounted for all of the boards this batch.

Order placed after Dec 13th will likely ship around February. It seems most people are patient so I'll be continue to enable backorders.

The stocked short cables may change to custom cables assembled in USA, available in 20 mm (almost 1 in increments).

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Curious question, for those who preordered early, will we get a confirmation email or will it just show up at our door?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
STATUS UPDATE:
We are currently fulfilling orders, about halfway through OCT's order. We hit a snag to where need some kinda hard to find wires and due to COVID they are delayed in shipping it to us. This means that some orders will take longer still. If you ordered 220mm cables, and would like to change your order to 180mm to ship quicker, please let us know.

We are moving forward with orders that we can fulfill and as soon as we get resupplied, we will work on the oldest orders.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Of course... now there is an rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol shortage. Can't find 91 Isopropyl. >.>

Anyways, we're going to get the supplies next week. Should be shipping out shortly after. I am taking a couple days of breaks for some wellbeing and recovery.

Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and New Years. 2021 will come fast and hard at J-Hack and I hope to bring more cool stuff.

dreadpiratebob

Chassis Packer
Dec 30, 2019
Merry Christmas, all!

Right, so I received an M2426 a few months ago, but I've been too busy with work while we manage the impact COVID's having. :( Finally got round to looking at it yesterday. I'm extremely conscious that this is my first foray into this so I'm likely to be making mistakes. I've a sacrificial PC to test on, that's OK, but I'm obviously keen to avoid damage to the M2426 itself. I've drawn up what I *think* I need to connect up, and would greatly appreciate those with more experience telling me where I'm going wrong before I flick any switches! The liability is all mine, whether the advice you give is good or bad, I'm happy that's all still on me.

Attempt #1

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Right, so I received an M2426 a few months ago, but I've been too busy with work while we manage the impact COVID's having. :( Finally got round to looking at it yesterday. I'm extremely conscious that this is my first foray into this so I'm likely to be making mistakes. I've a sacrificial PC to test on, that's OK, but I'm obviously keen to avoid damage to the M2426 itself. I've drawn up what I *think* I need to connect up, and would greatly appreciate those with more experience telling me where I'm going wrong before I flick any switches! The liability is all mine, whether the advice you give is good or bad, I'm happy that's all still on me.

Attempt #1
You will need two additional wires.

You will need PS_on and 5VSB, which is connected to a small 4 pin connector on the Meanwell and connects to the small 3 pin on the M2426. On the M2426 it is labeled:

PS_ON (-) <- for ATX PSUs
5VSB
PS_ON <- for meanwell

Review the Meanwell RPS datasheet for the exact pinout of the 4 pin.

dreadpiratebob

Chassis Packer
Dec 30, 2019
Many thanks for that confirmation! 👍 I'd left that one off the diagram deliberately as I'm struggling to source the TKP terminals and DH2L-2x2 connector, so haven't built that yet. 😩 Everything else I'd illustrated I've already completed (and I'm equally suprised and delighted to find I wasn't wildly adrift of what was needed!).

I suspect I'll need to adapt a solution. It would be easier if I could at least find suitably sized non-TKP terminals, but failing that I was planning on making a thin plastic cross to wedge in to keep the pins separated, before fixing the wire ends permanently against the two correct pins (that didn't work) Plan B looks like soldering the two wires straight onto the pin connections from the rear side, though I suspect that won't take as nicely to frequent movement of the PC itself.

Last edited: