CPU Low Profile CPU Cooler round up

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
It could, but the weight is the exact same and so is every dimension and specification, so I would guess they're just trying to make it better looking. Maybe they realized that unlike Noctua, they can't get away with brown.

Reactions: Jello

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I was looking through the charts and I noticed the Cryorig C7's were using just the stock fan. If testing is still being performed, have you considered getting TheHack's 3D printed adapter mounts (92mm and 120mm) to see if temperatures improve at all with non-stock fans? I just might consider one if Dan's fan takes a while to release since the teaser trailer just hit.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I was looking through the charts and I noticed the Cryorig C7's were using just the stock fan. If testing is still being performed, have you considered getting TheHack's 3D printed adapter mounts (92mm and 120mm) to see if temperatures improve at all with non-stock fans? I just might consider one if Dan's fan takes a while to release since the teaser trailer just hit.

I'm testing it right now with a few different fans. I'll see about posting a full article on the site this week. So far, yes you can improve performance if you are willing to accept more fan noise.

Fans being tested:
Noctua NF-A9x14 (l9i fan)
Noctua NF-A9x14 (retail fan)
Noctua NF-A9 PWM
BGears 90mm Ball Bearing Fan
BGears 92mm Blaster (92x38mm) fan
Yate Loon 92x15mm Fan
Stock fan

I dont have the 120mm adapter, but I do have a different 120mm-92mm adapter which basically forms a duct and can be used. I might try this just to see how it works. In my experience so far, the 120mm fans dont add much benefit over 92mm if the fan has overage on the radiator. I'm curious to see how it will perform with the duct.

I can also test the fan included on the ID-Cooling IS-40, Silverstone AR06 and AR11 if desired. I'm not sure they will see much improvement over the Noctua however. Might not hurt to compare all of them on the same cooler just to see which fan is the boss.

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I'm curious to see how it will perform with the duct.
I am as well. I would think a duct would be better than a simple hang-over adapter since it would allow a 120mm fan to pull about as much air through a 92mm spacing as it can through a 120mm spacing. I might actually consider switching coolers to make RAM installation easier because it will be quite hard having to remove my IS60 just to access and remove my current DDR4 2400 memory to eventually upgrade to DDR4 3600 memory in my Ryzen system.

Last edited:

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I recently did a series of upgrades to my Realan Ei7 HTPC and 1080p gaming machine (see here). I now have a Raven Ridge APU 2400G running with the stock AMD Stealth cooler. I've got about 74mm to work with and am wondering if I should upgrade to:

Noctua NH-L12s - 70mm tall 120mm thin fan (I'm almost positive this will clear all my components)
Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4 - 65mm tall 92mm thin fan with special mounting for AM4 (will definitely clear all components)

Another user managed to get a Cryorig C1 to fit *perfectly* in this case but I feel like 140mm is total overkill for my 2400G @ 65W.

Conventional wisdom tells me the larger fan is better, but there is something drawing me to the simple thick heatsink and simple mounting mechanism on the L9x65. Additionally, although I drilled extra vent holes in my case lid, I feel like a shorter heatsink would ensure plenty of fresh air will be able to be supplied to the fan. Thoughts?

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2018
So based off that chart the Cryorig C7 seems to be the best sub 50mm cooler right?

But, I also saw some people bring up the titan TTC-NC25 cooler. How does that compare? I found its website for it. But other than that there inst much else out there for it. Can't find any tests, comparisons or even prices.

Reactions: theroarer

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2018
Where even did you get that? Are you seeing the same chart I'm seeing here?

Coolserver 2U with noctua fan is the current best. Nh-l9 second. There is also that titan cooler there.

Um, even in that link the Cryrig C7 is still out preforming the Noctua L9i. (The chart I was looking at is the same on on page 1 for this thread)

As far as the Coolserver 2U? Are you referring to the "Coolserver 2U Tower" that's on that chart? Because that's allot larger than the sub 50mm height I was talking about.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Aw fk me yeah I was seeing it backwards, sorry.

Apparently so hey. Titan trade blows with C7 in some workloads. But all these are open bench. And as long as you can tolerate cryorig's fan.