CPU Low Profile CPU Cooler round up

justafatboy

Case Bender
Apr 24, 2018
The Cryorig C7 Cu is available on Amazon now, will be great to see more reviews! Waiting for it to be released in where I reside, was told by the local distributor it will be end of this month.

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
I also wondered this, but unfortunately you cannot buy Titan coolers in China. However, yesterday I received this from Japan:

Like Ash in Pokemon, I will not stop until I have them all.
Hello, Puma, any update on testing this one?

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
https://infogram.com/coolerchart-intel-xtu-1hmr6gyjwkz96nl

Only tested on 4.0ghz at the moment. Performance was fairly good. especially if you have the L9i's fan.

I had only been using the slower speed NF-A9x14 to test on some of the other coolers, but I checked out the AR06 with both and found the higher speed one dramatically outperformed the stock AR06 fan (despite being about the same speed) so I plan to test other coolers again using the higher performance NF-A9x14.

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017

Only tested on 4.0ghz at the moment. Performance was fairly good. especially if you have the L9i's fan.

I had only been using the slower speed NF-A9x14 to test on some of the other coolers, but I checked out the AR06 with both and found the higher speed one dramatically outperformed the stock AR06 fan (despite being about the same speed) so I plan to test other coolers again using the higher performance NF-A9x14.
Thanks a bunch, man! Well, perfomance looks REALLY nice since it's about 3mm lower than C7 (with a9x14). Looks like this is the one I want for my s4m indeed.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Just keep in mind, the stock fan runs around 3800 rpm and is an 80mm. I strongly recommend getting the NF-A9x14, and if you can get the 2.5w version included with the L9i or L9x65.

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
Just keep in mind, the stock fan runs around 3800 rpm and is an 80mm. I strongly recommend getting the NF-A9x14, and if you can get the 2.5w version included with the L9i or L9x65.
I had a talk with @AP2 yesterday and he suggested going with A12x15 for titan since it got around 8 degrees lower temps than with a A9x14.
And I suppose lower-pitched noise would also help my ears a bit.
Having 56 vs 30 CFM static pressure souldn't be too different since A12x15 moves almost twice as much air.
AP2 also pointed out A12x15 don't fit skyreach as it did fit s4m-c but that's some other problem for me to solve.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Hmm, I can try that fan as well but it's much larger than the radiator is, and my past experience it hasnt worked so well in those situations. What clips did he use to mount it?

Edit: I tested it with the NF-A12x25 and it did worse than the 1.3w NF-A9x14 by about 6 degrees with both fans at full speed. I don't think you can take the CFM rating for the NF-A12x25 and directly compare it with the A9x14, because it's assuming a radiator that covers the entire fan, and this radiator doesn't so lots of air is lost to the sides of the radiator.

Last edited:

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
Hmm, I can try that fan as well but it's much larger than the radiator is, and my past experience it hasnt worked so well in those situations. What clips did he use to mount it?

Edit: I tested it with the NF-A12x25 and it did worse than the 1.3w NF-A9x14 by about 6 degrees with both fans at full speed. I don't think you can take the CFM rating for the NF-A12x25 and directly compare it with the A9x14, because it's assuming a radiator that covers the entire fan, and this radiator doesn't so lots of air is lost to the sides of the radiator.

Hmmm. He've mounted it using skybrackets

I'm not sure why result are so different and I'm confused to be honest.

Last edited:

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
It could be that in a confined space the fan is also serving to cycle out the interior air. My testing is done on an open bench and does not consider this kind of situation. I would guess that is the situation here, because I had used an AR06 in the ML05 case before, and ended up getting better temps by removing the CPU fan and mounting a 120mm on the intake directly above. I bet the same thing is going on here, and call me crazy but I bet if the S4 just came with a fan mount there and people used fanless version of their preferred cooler, they will get good performance.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

I think I'm a bit lost here - what are the differences between this and the chart on the first page (https://infogram.com/lowprofile-coolers-1ho16vm1x05n6nq) ?

metropath27

Average Stuffer
Apr 22, 2018
Question I’m looking for a cooler that’s smaller than 41mm and performs better than the nhl9i do you know of coolers that fit that description?

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Question I’m looking for a cooler that’s smaller than 41mm and performs better than the nhl9i do you know of coolers that fit that description?

you wont find anything that noticeably outperforms the L9i, but the TT Engine27 does about as well but with more noise generally.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Interesting cooler: Soplay SP-4L 52mm height with 9215 PWM fan, 125W TDP
Can buy from Ebay, i found it with aliexpress

I ordered it. Lol. I'll let you guys know how it compares.

Edit. Looking at the specs and pictures closer, it should perform between a Noctua L9 and the AR06. Should be better than the C7 by far since the heat pipes seem to have more contact with the fins. It says all AMD but likely no. AM4 support.

Last edited:

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I tested it last year and got one sitting at home in the US. It did not perform as well as the AR06. I got a review written up but never published it...

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Basically any 4 pipe heat cooler over 42mm is better than the L9i at heat dissipation, I haven't tested them both on the same system yet though