CPU Low Profile CPU Cooler round up

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Hmmm. He've mounted it using skybrackets

I'm not sure why result are so different and I'm confused to be honest.
I’m thinking to do something similar in my Skyreach 4 mini. What do you guys think of using a Dynatron K129 with the Noctua A12x15 on the Sky Bracket. I may add washers on the mounting screws to position the fan flush with the K129.

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
About the sticky, I think this thread should be left as a discussion, and another thread should be started and locked, with only the original post being updated with benchmarks.

Reactions: cmyk78

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I’m thinking to do something similar in my Skyreach 4 mini. What do you guys think of using a Dynatron K129 with the Noctua A12x15 on the Sky Bracket. I may add washers on the mounting screws to position the fan flush with the K129.

I think the dynatron would be a bad fit for a bigger fan. It looks very dense and the openness of a big fan would allow the air to flow around it. Just a guess.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
About the sticky, I think this thread should be left as a discussion, and another thread should be started and locked, with only the original post being updated with benchmarks.
I think Puma's going to make an official SFFn article at the end of this o_o if i remember right

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
My suggestion for graphs, but there is so much work to do:
Code:
XTU     55W/65W/80W
Prime95 70W/95W/120W
 Quiet mode       A9x14 FAN       Max Fan
cooler1 %fan     cooler1         cooler1 ?dB
cooler2 %fan     cooler1  LN     cooler2 ?dB
cooler3 %fan     cooler2         cooler3 ?dB
cooler4 %fan     cooler2  LN     cooler4 ?dB
And instead 100%/50% Fan => delta t°C/height in cm

Last edited:

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
End of Year Top 100 Low Profile and SFF CPU air coolers!! XD

That would actually be very entertaining. If we put a different cooler on each page like a lot of the click-bait websites we'd get tons of ad hits.

"You won't believe how awful some CPU coolers can be!"
- 100 pages of CPU cooler reviews.

BTW there wont be much update over the next two weeks (and hasnt been much in the last few weeks either). Unfortunately I cannot continue the China Desk as I am returning to the US on June 11.
There is some changes to look forward to however:

SHORT TERM
  • New testbench, Z370 + 8700k
  • More coolers coming (moving to US means I have access to more products!)
  • A new sticky post on the forum with a list of updates from me, as well as a list of coolers to be tested, votes on what should be a priority
LONG TERM
  • Webpage so you can sort through coolers and compare my results, with pictures and audio clips
  • Comparison articles on thermal pastes, cooler orientations, and hopefully certain cases (as requested by many)

I may need some help with some of the long term work, I'm planning to do something similar to what CC Ricers is doing and Hardware Pick - but focused only on CPU Coolers for now.

Last edited:

Tjo2012

Trash Compacter
Feb 6, 2018
I got the evercool cpu cooler thats a mimic of the titan heatsink, gonna try to cram it into an s4m

Thanks again @IntoxicatedPuma for doing this and well have a pretty definitive list of performance to height.