Loque Ghost S1 Build (9700k & 2080 ti)

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
Please see below pictures as requested. I covered the areas in red with a thin black masking tape (got it from Amazon) as i knew if it made contact with another metal panel i.e. Ghost S1, this would scratch the card when inserting/removing the card from the case. I just did this so when it comes to selling the card in the future... it will be in fantastic condition therefore i might get a higher price... But tbh, i'm a bit OCD lol

Sorry if the pictures are not very clear...

I used masking tape so it comes off easily without leaving any sticky residue.

Masking Tape: Amazon Link

I had similar issue I converted my titan xp to single slot card with EKWB and added another USB-C to my computer. I have the slag issue solved with adding a piece of hard plastic to the right of both card to fill up the space thus avoiding any play.

Lakeside

Case Bender
Jan 31, 2018
Please see below pictures as requested. I covered the areas in red with a thin black masking tape (got it from Amazon) as i knew if it made contact with another metal panel i.e. Ghost S1, this would scratch the card when inserting/removing the card from the case. I just did this so when it comes to selling the card in the future... it will be in fantastic condition therefore i might get a higher price... But tbh, i'm a bit OCD lol

Sorry if the pictures are not very clear...

I used masking tape so it comes off easily without leaving any sticky residue.

Thanks a bunch for adding the pics. I would also prefer to keep my card as nice as possible for similar reasons. It's always better to be able to say "near mint" or whatever instead of "I scratched the shit out of my $1200 card" when doing resale.

I even bought some little rubber bumps to put between the case and backplate. A previous SFF case screw already got into the back of my card once.

Will be assembling the rest of my box today, as my final bits (I hope) arrived a couple days ago.

Reactions: Peppe

weebuns

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2019
Great build! ?

Tell me this, are you getting an audible hum from the L9x65 when the covers are on? I'm am on my build, it's quite noticable.

Reactions: Peppe

Peppe

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 31, 2019
Great build! ?

Tell me this, are you getting an audible hum from the L9x65 when the covers are on? I'm am on my build, it's quite noticable.

Thanks for the feedback :)

At first I did get a noticeable hum during idle and when running multiple programs however I have messed around with the fan curve within the bios to be quiet during idle and only it only ramps up when the CPU gets around 55/60 degrees (I can't remember the exact percentage). So I rarely hear it nowadays.

If you want my fan curve settings, let me know and I will provide them for you. :)

omnikron

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2019
Thanks for the feedback :)

At first I did get a noticeable hum during idle and when running multiple programs however I have messed around with the fan curve within the bios to be quiet during idle and only it only ramps up when the CPU gets around 55/60 degrees (I can't remember the exact percentage). So I rarely hear it nowadays.

If you want my fan curve settings, let me know and I will provide them for you. :)
I would like that fan cure please Im working on my build just waiting for some parts to come in

gergl

Cable Smoosher
Apr 27, 2020
I had similar issue I converted my titan xp to single slot card with EKWB and added another USB-C to my computer. I have the slag issue solved with adding a piece of hard plastic to the right of both card to fill up the space thus avoiding any play.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, I'm trying to put single slot cards in a Ghost right now and having this problem. The slop on the sides is making it difficult to secure them. Both the top and bottom of the cards slide sideways. The top and bottom screws are not sufficient for holding them in place because the plates do not wrap around to hold the sides in.

Has anyone else faced this problem? Wedging pieces of plastic/metal in along the sides is the only option I've come up with so far.

Brian R. Hamilton

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 26, 2018
Has anyone else faced this problem? Wedging pieces of plastic/metal in along the sides is the only option I've come up with so far.

From the photo you re-posted (not for yours apparently, but I'll assume similar), it appears that the IO shield for the USB card is thinner than the one for the GPU. Maybe try a thin strip of double-sided foam adhesive tape between the top of the USB IO shield and Ghost gable. That should be enough to keep it from shifting sideways from the adhesion and also because it will lift the USB card up slightly to ensure the clamp is putting pressure on it. Not sure what to do on the bottom except maybe try more foam tape.

gergl

Cable Smoosher
Apr 27, 2020
Yeah I may have to try something like that. I'm not sure why single slot cards are less than half the width of the double slot in this chassis. Unfortunately even if the widths matched there would still be slop at the bottom, since the mechanism has no way to stop the outside edges of the cards from moving, and apparently relies on the specific shape of the dual slot GPU to hold itself in place. I assumed that this part of the chassis would be standard, even though it only has one PCIe slot, but obviously that's not the case.