Nanook's build log (9900K / Asrock Z390 / RTX 2080Ti)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Check what I found on reddit @Nanook, I have a feeling you have something more elegant in mind.
Just awful for my eyes..:)

Reactions: rfarmer and Nanook

Nanook

King of Cable Management
Original poster
May 23, 2016
Small update...
  • I switched the top fans to the NZXT fans, as pull intake.
  • XMP to 3000
  • UEFI set to auto on most settings
  • Load line set to level 5 (low voltage)
  • CPU idle around 33
  • CPU load (small FFT) around 80
  • GPU idle around 40
  • GPU load (Gaming) around 70
  • Using CAM to run all fans on Performance
  • GPU fans on auto
So far so good. I’m mostly focused on migrating my NAS (Synology DS414 to DS1817) at the moment. So once that’s done, I’ll focus on fully transiting the rest of my network to 10gbe. I’m thinking to start with 10gbe NIC + the bifurcation riser from Sliger. If that truly fails, I would consider a Thunderbolt 3 to 10gbe adapter / dock. My last resort would be to switch to mATX + 10gbe NIC. ATX with integrated 10gbe could be considered, but I’ll be limited to my Cerberus X or Thermaltake G3, and I’ll be a sad panda.

I can’t use a m.2 adapter because I have two NVME drives at the moment, and I’d have to consolidate them, which I’d prefer not do.

Reactions: rfarmer

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Small update...
  • I switched the top fans to the NZXT fans, as pull intake.
  • XMP to 3000
  • UEFI set to auto on most settings
  • Load line set to level 5 (low voltage)
  • CPU idle around 33
  • CPU load (small FFT) around 80
  • GPU idle around 40
  • GPU load (Gaming) around 70
  • Using CAM to run all fans on Performance
  • GPU fans on auto
So far so good. I’m mostly focused on migrating my NAS (Synology DS414 to DS1817) at the moment. So once that’s done, I’ll focus on fully transiting the rest of my network to 10gbe. I’m thinking to start with 10gbe NIC + the bifurcation riser from Sliger. If that truly fails, I would consider a Thunderbolt 3 to 10gbe adapter / dock. My last resort would be to switch to mATX + 10gbe NIC. ATX with integrated 10gbe could be considered, but I’ll be limited to my Cerberus X or Thermaltake G3, and I’ll be a sad panda.

I can’t use a m.2 adapter because I have two NVME drives at the moment, and I’d have to consolidate them, which I’d prefer not do.
Cerberus-x...Cerberus-X...:):)

• Haha
Reactions: Nanook and rfarmer

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Nice find! I love this. My first SFF build was just like that, shoving dual 120 AIO, and a Grid+ in the M1. :)
Perfect use-case for the solid panel... but hey if it works, right? :)

I am trying to think back on my first SFF. It was a Via EPIA board. ME6000 if I remember. And it was even uglier: Shoved into a Hot Topic briefcase. These machines are beauty by comparison.

Reactions: Nanook