Yet Another Loque Ghost S1 build...

hmd-omani

Case Bender
Original poster
Mar 21, 2019
Hello, new here..

I recently ordered Loque Ghost S1 case, with 1 large top hat and 2 medium, i haven't received the shipment yet but i was hoping for advice and guidance on purchasing the right hardware for now, i'm very rusty and the last time i built a pc on my own was in mid 2000s :(

Well first thing for the build is basically i want to have at the bottom a medium hat for storage, and the large and medium at the top for the 120mm fans where the radiators are sandwiched in between for push pull effect, does that sound right? or should i place a set of fans at the bottom?

This is the list of hardware..
Motherboard = ASUS ROG Strix X470-I
CPU = AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU = EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ( evga hydro ftw 3 OR kingpin )
CPU cooler = NZXT Kraken M22 120mm ( that would mean one radiator each for cpu and gpu at the top )
RAM = Corsair LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
PSU = CORSAIR SF750 750 Watt SFX 80+ Platinum Modular ( ..overkill? )
Storage = 2 ssds wd blue 2tb (raid 0) and 1 hdd wd gold 12tb
i would also like to replace all radiator fans with Noctua NF-A12x25.. that would make four 120mm Noctua fans...
I was also told to get this Noctua NA-SFMA1 to fit the Noctuas..??

I'm planning on buying each component separately and use some of my current pc hardware until its fully finished.

What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance :)

Viperrros

Cable Smoosher
Mar 22, 2019
Looks like a great build! I will be starting my own soon after just receiving the Ghost S1. It will be Ryzen based but aircooled and I am targetting an upgrade to Ryzen 3xxx when available.

With the RTX2080ti and a setup for possible overclock I do not think your SF750 is overkill.

Your target definetly looks to be high end, and maybe an upgrade for such could be even faster RAM which the Ryzen benefits from and 2 x NVMe drives. The ASUS motherboard has two slots and I assume it can run the Raid you are targetting.

I am looking at the same ASUS MB, only issue I have is that it does not support USB 3.1 type C. For that reason I am targetting myself the Asrock X470 Gaming MB.

I would personally not be to sure about the cooling ability from a 120 mm AIO. I have one for my current I7-4790k and when overclocking my Corsair 120 mm AIO is not able to keep it cool. Hence maybe you should target a 240 mm AIO for the CPU and aircooled for the GPU or maybe downgrade the Ryzen 2700x to just a 2700. I do not think you anyway can benefit from overclocking the 2700x with only 120 mm AIO.

My own build will be with Ryzen 7 2700 as I do not expect to aircool an 2700x in OC.

Good luck!

hmd-omani

Case Bender
Original poster
Mar 21, 2019
Thanks for the advice!

About the AIO, for the GPU its going to have hybrid cooling so i'm not too worried, but the CPU is really a problem, that is why i'm going for extra 120mm fans for push pull on both radiators GPU and CPU, but..

what type of air cooler your going to use? i assume its going to blow air from the side, wont that ruin the air flow or something?

Viperrros

Cable Smoosher
Mar 22, 2019
I will be using a Noctua NH-L9x65 to start, and when I have put it all together I want to see if I have RAM Clearance for a Noctua NH-L12S. This has to be bend to reach the max height of 66 mm, but I assume applying some heat will do this. But only if the NH-L9x65 is actually audible. The NH-L12 is unfortunately not available anymore at least in Denmark where I live.

In your build I would not be afraid of using and aircooled RTX2080ti as Ghost has very good ventilation to free air. In a different cabinet the GPU would use air from the cabinet which may be 10-15 degres hotter. In this comparison the aircooled GPU has better conditions as in the Ghost S1. I would instead focus on the CPU and use a 240 mm AIO if you want to overclock, which I assume you want to do if you are using the 2700X.

My current Corsair H75 120 mm AIO has two fans in push-pull and is not able to keep my current i7-4790k below 90 c in overclock mode.

Overclocking and running Cinebench I can only just keep 3-4 degree celcius cooler with the Corsair H75 compared to my other Noctua aircooler, which is the reason why I am not a fan of 120 mm AIO's.